• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    Welcome to Storytime Tuesday!

    Tales from the ARK can be wild, hilarious, and/or downright captivating. Consider this thread an open invitation for you to to tell us some tales of survival, tribal warfare, epic taming, thrilling exploration, etc.


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ichthyovenator!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    New kibble names are confusing and redundant. "Simple", "Basic", "Regular" = Redundant

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 05:01 AM PDT

    The new kibble system is great! The names, however, are not. Simple, Regular, and Basic all basically have the same definition. With the international players in our tribe, it is especially confusing.

    I think it would make more sense to stick to the previous naming structure of Primitive, Ramshackle, Apprentice, Journeyman, etc

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Monsieur_Krabs
    [link] [comments]

    Raptor playing to throw you off your f****ING mount, watercolorXdigital

    Posted: 11 Mar 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    I have a feeling my Forest Titan is a little bugged...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    Simple "exploit" ruining official pvp

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 10:58 AM PDT

    As someone who plays on official pvp every day I'd like to discuss an "exploit" that's being used by a large amount of players. This "exploit" is the ability to build large hatchframes off of platform dinos.

    The reason I call it an exploit is because when a quetz is flying against the ground, with hatchframes coming off all sides, it 100% blocks all turrets above two walls high from shooting. I think this mechanic is abusive, unfair, lazy and takes next to 0 effort or skill. It also takes advantage of the uninformed because if you dont build your base specifically to counter the hatchframe quetz than it can be wiped in a matter of minutes without the victim ever knowing what even happened.

    I was first introduced to this mechanic by YouTube videos with titles along the lines of "Quetzal exploit, wipe any base." But now after such a long time of no one getting banned from using it, it's become the go to method for any type of raiding because why soak a base when you can instantly drop the tower/base and just steal all the bullets.

    I urge any dev to please retest the hatchframe quetz and judge if its actually a balanced mechanic because in my opinion it's extremely overpowered and I believe the devs would think that too if they knew to what extent it was being used currently.

    submitted by /u/Kaykon
    [link] [comments]

    New Kibble doesn't work Official PvP Scorched Earth Map

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    So, few days passed, we have no problems with new kibbles on center server, but we can't use them on SE, dinos want old kibbles which we can't craft, tamming is working but imprinting not.

    submitted by /u/iamtenshu
    [link] [comments]

    @devs, why are vein/osd spawns despawning rich tin front of us? I think this is some of the cause for being unable to find the last X dinos at the end of waves

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    Custom build cave for my gacha's (:

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    Custom build cave for my gacha's (:

    With some everlasting thanks to Ecomods and S+ <3

    Entrance

    And some happy gacha's <3

    submitted by /u/zwadderaar
    [link] [comments]

    135 is an odd level to stop at... I suspect we may see one more ascension somewhere as a "final goodbye"...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 12:29 AM PDT

    I just find it odd to stop at 135. Maybe Extinction ascension wasn't finished. Maybe they'll expand SE even though they say they're done with it. Maybe we will see one final dlc in 2019. Maybe we won't see a damn thing regarding that road to level 150 that I think many of us thought was a being paved. Who knows.

    I'm fully aware I'll probably get hate for being hopeful. It's whatever... I appreciate that the game has come this far even with some of the most aggravating things still present.

    It will be a sad day when they stop development. I'd hope for an ark 2, where they learned from previous experience, but, I fear that it'll be quite a long time before another game comes about with this much damn freedom.

    submitted by /u/msjs91011
    [link] [comments]

    Added DLC dino to game.ini .... with a weight of 0.5 and % of 0.0001 They are still crowding the island

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 06:59 AM PDT

    So as i said i altered the game ini to add all the dlc dinos to my game, however even after reducing the percentage to 0.0001 they are still out in huge numbers. over on carno island where i spawned karkinos they roam in packs of 5-7 and there are about 3 to 5 packs at any given time. How low do i have to adjust their percentage to before they spawn like normal. or is this a Weight problem?

    My Code

    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="w66",EntryWeight=0.5,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Crab_Character_BP_C"))),((NPCClassString="Crab_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.0001)))

    submitted by /u/incarnum13
    [link] [comments]

    Kicked by Battleye, query timeour.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 06:56 AM PDT

    In two years playing, i had lots, believe me, LOTS of errors dcs and crashes on ark. My computers fault mostly, have to same. But this disconection is getting the hell out of me. Never happened much, saw it a pair of times. But it seems since last update (its related or not) im having it almost Every time i am afk. And im not talking about an hour, im talking about mins, could be it 15 or 1. I just took out of the pc for rolling a joint, and query timeout. All the whole damn time i spent more than a min without moving my char, query timeour. Idk how many babies i lost passing their stats to the breeder.

    If anyone can throw some insight about, would me more than thankfull.

    submitted by /u/Gn0is3
    [link] [comments]

    Trying Broodmother on (Easy) Default Single Player Settings (With 6 T-Rexes level 95-98)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    Game crashes every 5-10 minutes, bought game today

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 10:56 AM PDT

    As title suggests, I bought the game earlier and have been plagued with an issue where the game just locks up and requires me to end the process through task manager. Changing graphics settings didn't make a difference, adding the text to the launch options in Steam also didn't work for me.

    I'm using: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit i5 8600k 16GB 2666MHZ RTX 2060 500GB 970 EVO which Ark is running from

    submitted by /u/Season_Sauce
    [link] [comments]

    New player need help, can't login on ARK

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    Hi everyone

    I purchased ARK 5 days ago and when i select one server , i click on JOINT. And then the game crash !

    I tried different servers .

    I re installed the game 2 times.

    I Updated my Nvidia graphics drivers , and also Gforce Experience.

    I can play any others games without problems but not ARK.

    My PC:

    Windows 10 pro - x64

    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

    memory: 32 go

    Graphics card: GTX 1070

    SSD

    Do you have any ideas please ? thanks.

    submitted by /u/Kyssen
    [link] [comments]

    Progression in ark: What now?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 03:45 AM PDT

    So I've just started playing ark with a friend in a local server last week and we're both around 60-70 level now. We have a small thatch house, a carnotaurus, an iguanodon, a carbonemys, a parasaur, 4 trikes, a stegosaurus, a pteranodon and a pelagornis with a stone wall fence around all of these. The basic stuff like mortar, refining force and smithy are all set up too.

    Only problem is that we can't seem to go out to explore more than twenty steps away from base? First time we tried, we took like 2 pteranodons, landed somewhere and then got killed by dinos. Second time, my friend took another pteranodon, died and came back without it too. So we tried land dinos afterwards and brought like 2 parasaurs and 2 trikes. Basically, met an alpha rex, my parasaurs died and we died but since we were so close to base, we kept spawning back and tried to kill it. Eventually we realise that trikes are pretty tanky against them and it makes a good meat shield. Tamed some parasaurs and more trikes (now four), crossed the river and then met a carnotauraus, which killed us and our parasaurs. Basically the same thing happened but we use tranqs instead of stone arrows this time and by virtue of tanky trikes and closeness to base, we got it tamed. And then we used the carnotauraus to get the iguanodon.

    Now it looks like we have some kind of hunting pack, with parasaurs to detect meat eaters and aggressive dinos so we decided to try to venture to explore again only to come across a (lvl 16) therizinosaur which killed our parasaurs and we narrowly escaped death on our carnotauraus and iguanodon.

    If you've read till here, thanks for reading. Obviously our hunting pack strat is not working so what's the best beginner hunting pack that we can bring around and safely explore...?

    TL:DR Need suggestions on some easy tames, newbie hunting dinosaur pack to explore the island more than twenty steps from our base :)

    submitted by /u/manie13
    [link] [comments]

    Cant ride my dino

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    Alright soo

    I'm playing on a primal fear/exctinction core modded server, and for some reason I cant ride my Dark Featherlight anymore, It doesnt listen to commands either.

    I can only acces its inventory

    submitted by /u/jaidy1805
    [link] [comments]

    Scorched Earth TEK Items on Dev Stream?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2019 10:15 PM PDT

    I'm going to be at work all day tomorrow so I won't be able to myself, but could someone ask if they have plans to introduce SE TEK gear anytime soon? (I.e. Wyvern saddle, etc)

    submitted by /u/diamondcreeper
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to download creatures on pvp servers?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 07:50 AM PDT

    I mean is it looked down upon, or is it a normal thing people do?
    This is probably a silly question but im very new to pvp.

    submitted by /u/MemeHevi
    [link] [comments]

    Can Anyone help me with this crash? It happens all the time and I can't figure it out

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 05:56 AM PDT

    Every time

    Posted: 11 Mar 2019 08:11 PM PDT

    Stego trike or golem

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 05:22 AM PDT

    Better to use stego or trike since you can breed them or is the golem still better?

    submitted by /u/TempestDouble
    [link] [comments]

    [Modding Help] Override crafting Cost with S+ and Stackmod

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 04:53 AM PDT

    I am trying to override the crafting costs of a few recipes, preferably to add an alternate recipe (if that is possible without making my own mod), but I cannot figure out which version of the item I should be using in the ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts arguments line. I am using StackMeMore as well as S+, so here is an example of what I was trying to do (change sparkpowder recipe to allow original crafting recipe, or sulfur at a 1:1 rate):

    ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemResource_Sparkpowder_Child",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Flint_Child",BaseResourceRequirement=2.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Stone_Child",BaseResourceRequirement=1.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)),((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Sulfur_Child",BaseResourceRequirement=1.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

    Obviously, since I am here, this did not work. Should I be using the S+ resource item type strings rather than the stack mod? Is it even possible to have 2 recipes like this? Anyone with experience in overriding crafting costs that can help out would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/shy_dow90
    [link] [comments]

    Give me an advice

    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Survivors

    I will go directly to the problem. I like to build and I am playing solo. As you can assume tribes coming and destroying everything i've build. Is there any way that a solo builder can survive in a PVP or I have to move to PVE. I like to play PVP, but it's just not fair.

    I'll appreciate any advice.

    Best regards,
    Mario

    submitted by /u/FIN_Mario
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel