• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 21, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 06:13 AM PDT

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting this error message every 15-20 mins

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    Survive the Ark - Feedback Suggestions

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    The cluster that I play on has submitted some improvement suggestions to the feedback forum on Survivetheark.com.

    I'm posting this here in the hope of raising awareness to these suggestions, so they aren't buried as quickly as they were created.

    If you have the time, we would really appreciate it if you would take a look at our suggestions, and upvote if you agree.

    The links are here:

    https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/462690-admin-listing/ https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/462405-leveling-system-overhaul/ https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/462402-crafting-overhaul/ https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/456390-reorganize-suggestion-forums/

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/-V0rador-
    [link] [comments]

    Wyvern squadron assemble! (which would you choose?)

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 06:12 PM PDT

    Single Player character deleted

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    I play single player on XBox, and I when I went to log on to the Island yesterday, it prompted me to create a new character...my lvl 100 character was gone! I've heard about the recent bug with Valguero, and I've had this happen in the past so I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I had finally built my first Tek Replicator, had boss Rexes with 20+ mutations, and a great base. I guess I'm posting because I'm having a hard time starting from scratch all over again and I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on how to re-motivate myself. I love this game, have over 1,000 hours into it...I'm just feeling defeated...appreciate any responses!

    submitted by /u/Krazytallkyle
    [link] [comments]

    Steam Download Size

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    I have been trying to download ark, it says it is 141000 mb(141GB)when i try to download it from steam. That seems ridiculous. I have played it in the past but uninstalled it because it was taking up like 70GB. I have unsubscribed from all mods and it went down from 150GB to the current 141GB. I currently have 92GB available, im not going to buy a whole new SSD so i can play this game. Friends say it should only be around 60GB. Any Ideas what is causing it to be so large?

    submitted by /u/bainpr
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Add a creature that requires the drum kit (or another musical instrument like a flute) to tame a new dino.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    As per title. Thought it would be cool to have a taming mechanism like this. and I know I could download the dev kit and make a mod myself, but I dont have the time, patience, nor bandwidth (it would take me a week to download).

    Maybe like a snake of some sort that you flute tame?

    Some sort of sauropod that you have to mimic their foot stomps on the drums?

    Or some sort of rodent or rodent swarm that you tame with a flute?

    What are some other ideas you could think of that use this mechanic?

    submitted by /u/-__Doc__-
    [link] [comments]

    Pve war disabled

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 12:17 AM PDT

    From tomorrow the ability to war on all official Pve server will be disabled.

    Mainly because people are using alliances to trigger the wars (as it has been since alliances were added)

    Alliances are great for tribe chat or being able to drop a sleeping bag down for trades but couldn't these be added to a new category (eg trade partner) so war could still be in the game?

    Or alliances have to vote on the war, only tribes that vote yes will be involved (like total war does). If the ally rejects they're removed from alliance

    https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-195-public-beta-and-on-the-horizon-r1365/page/2/

    submitted by /u/Andygrills
    [link] [comments]

    Do fence supports snap to pillars need some building tips for fence supports

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    i’m not a fan of the completely glass greenhouses so here’s my design ��

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 02:26 PM PDT

    Valguero baby mature speeds

    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    I host a dedicated server running valguero off my pc for Xbox users. I'm trying to reduce the baby maturity time, I had it set to 0.5 originally and a Deinonychus was taking 4 hours from hatch to adult, changed the maturity speed setting to 5, still 4 hours to adult, now I've upped it to 15 and it's still taking 4 hours.

    Has anybody else experienced this? I've had nothing but issues with Valguero settings.

    I've also upped the difficulty override to 15 but still finding majority low level Dino's, highest I've come across so far is a 165 but that was an isolated occasion.

    Anybody got any advice as to where I'm going wrong, or if this is a common theme on this map?

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/ryanj112
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to disable water reflections?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    Water reflections seems to look bad all the time and I'm assuming they're reducing my FPS as well. I don't see an option to disable them in the graphics settings. Can they be disabled at all?

    submitted by /u/laserlemons
    [link] [comments]

    Tips Needed (scorched + extinction)

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    I'm about to begin my adventures in the scorched earth and extinction arks (late ik) and since I havent really seen much in either world and how both are quite difficult at the beginning I would like a few starting tips if you guys could be helpful i will be grateful

    submitted by /u/KelloggsCereal03
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to make a tribe. Unofficial Xbox/PC

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 08:04 PM PDT

    I have finally found a decent server that has no pay2win aspect in it. 6.5 harvesting and 10x taming.

    At this point i am just looking for a few like minded guys that wanna tribe up and get some work done.

    Message me or comment here if you have any questions. Xbox players are also welcome, although i am playing on PC.

    submitted by /u/DreadedLeviticus
    [link] [comments]

    Tek Parasaurs Detection Unbalanced

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    I've had thousands of hours in ARK PvP servers and generally, I'm able to do quite a bit of damage with my small 6 man group. That being said, I was very excited when SmallTribe servers came out.

    The unfortunate part is teaming and the inability to hide your base anymore due to this absolutely game-breaking addition. This game was already tough for tribes to build up to a level where they could challenge others. Now, alpha tribes, or more established tribes with explosives and tames to soak, can literally just carry a parasaur and find all hidden/smaller/undeveloped tribe's bases with ease.

    It was already hard to find a PvP server that was fun. This bullshit with Tek Parasaurs needs to be patched.

    I propose what has already been said on this reddit:

    Make it so they cannot activate that ability while being carried or on a platform saddle; or just rework it completely. I don't mind it, but if it works while you speed through the map on a wyvern/etc., it's the most broken weapon ever for PvP servers. Basically location hacking, but legal and cheap to get (not that cost would matter for an established tribe).

    submitted by /u/thewiredwriter
    [link] [comments]

    Nighttime shot of my Greenhouse Cathedral - the finished product. Kinda like the lighting, and went with full s+ glass & stone

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    Looking for an adventure buddy

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    I play on this really dope unofficial PVE server, there's only the admin and one other person on here so there's plenty of space to build and we have boosted rates that offer a chill playing experience! Alpha BS is nonexistent and we all mostly just do our own thing, but an adventure buddy/ally would make things more interesting for me!

    submitted by /u/killakat131313
    [link] [comments]

    I'm literally going to hand write a letter and snail mail it to Wildcard HQ. Soon as I get home and start searching for their address. 3+ years and counting and ORP still isn't fixed.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    As of patch 245.0(July 28th 2016), the devs were according to the patch notes to remove pinlocking from ORP servers and make all caves not get ORP status.

    Pinlocking is still enabled for gates and doors...set these to disabled.

    And caves are so whack right now. They still receive ORP status. At this point I don't care about any other caves getting ORP status removed from ARTIFACT CAVES!

    Completely griefing ORP clusters is not cool.

    There are locations in certain caves(southern artifact cave on scorched Earth for example) that you can have two gates attached to each other. 1 is listed as having ORP while the one next to it doesn't(still can't dmg it). Another example, storage chests...I've been able to access storage chest not enclosed in a structure in this cave...just out in the open. There were about 15 large storage chests one time, 3 were accessible due to no ORP status on them and the others were not.

    I know the code to prevent ORP from being enabled in caves is there it's just so messed up and 99% is ORP covered but 1% isn't.

    I will continue to bring this subject up until it's fixed and promise if this is not responded to by any of the devs I will hand write a letter to your main office and provide photographic proof of it being sent.

    These two fixes will go a long way into making ORP servers a healthier game mode, not to mention reduce the number of tickets submitted requesting GM help with ORP proxy building and ORP exploitation.

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    can i take an alpha raptor with this band of misfits?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    lvl 20 alpha raptor showed up at my base. It miraculously glitched into my taming pen (which I literally just finished and have never used haha rip) so it is occupied with destroying it at the moment but it's a thatch pen so I don't have that much time once I log back in. I assembled the following dinos and am wondering if I can take it down by having them all target the alpha.

    lvl 31 stego

    lvl 32 stego

    lvl 57 stego

    lvl 32 trike

    lvl 40 trike

    lvl 19 dilo

    lvl 20 dilo

    lvl 26 dilo

    lvl 22 raptor

    or maybe I should just take it mounted on the lvl 40 trike and use the knock-back to weaken it and then sic the rest of the dinos on it? these are the best dinos I have. Alternatively, there's a rock near the alpha that I think is tall enough for me to shoot it without it being able to get me so I am also considering firing the 90 arrows that I have at the alpha and then sending my dinos after it. Or maybe go after it mounted on one of the stegos to soak up the damage and then send the rest of the flock after it once the alpha is attacking the stego? I've also got a lvl 20 stego and two lvl 25s and a ton of random parasaurs I could also add to this assortment as a meat shield? This is a single player game with no mods. I have a mesopithecus as well-- would standing close enough for it to throw feces while my dinos fight it help? I've read this can stun targets but never used it.

    submitted by /u/boldfish98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel