• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 9, 2021

    ARK: Survival Evolved RIP 440

    ARK: Survival Evolved RIP 440


    RIP 440

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    【ARK: Scorched Earth】Manticore (Gamma) - Boss Fight

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Looking for people to play with!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    Looking for someone to play Ark with!

    I'm not sure if this kind of post is okay, but seeing as im not advertising a server or anything, I'm thinking it's okay.

    It's basically as the title says. I really love Ark, and i haven't play a lot since none of my friends play this game at all. So multiplayer has always been a bit scary as a solo player. I've always wanted to be part of a tribe and play with other people and have fun experiences. But it's hard to start out alone.

    So I'm really just looking for someone that wants to play Ark with me. I'm in Europe, but i wouldnt mind playing with people outside of Europe either. I'm up for both PvE and PvP, preferably small tribes.

    So if anyone is interested that would be great. Maybe there are other solo players out there looking for a friend, like me! Hit me up if you want to play!

    submitted by /u/Independent-Number69
    [link] [comments]

    Hatched my first twins today! ... But I got so excited taking this picture, I forgot to feed them and they immediately died. FML

    Posted: 08 May 2021 03:40 PM PDT

    Everyone loves a good redemption story

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    Extinction rat hole

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Ark Park!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:22 PM PDT

    Hey guys! Hubs and I have obtained a vr set and I have been having an absolute blast playing with stuff! But unfortunately I am as dumb as a rock, neurological issues and brain damage tend to do that. So my amazing husband has been looking for a complete save file for me to just putz around on, take pictures and all that fun stuff without having to do the puzzles. Since some of them seem to require some kind of skill or timing which I severely lack.....

    So in the interest of saving him from playing through something he doesn't enjoy, is anyone else willing to put up their file? Please and thank you!

    submitted by /u/ThrowntoDiscard
    [link] [comments]

    Ark Survival Star Wars Base auf Extinction

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    Hallo zusammen schon etwas älter, aber vielleicht gefällt es euch ja trotzdem? Ark Survival Star Wars Base auf Extinction.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7AYvh6D\_J4

    submitted by /u/Papa-Nova
    [link] [comments]

    Just like the simulations

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Bog Gauntlet Beta & Gamma Solo/Legit

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    Reminder: Join the Ark Chat!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    Which thumbnail is better? This one below or that in the video : https://youtu.be/6nOMBCoubiQ

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    Is the tiny DodoRex strong enough to take on the giant Rockwell Boss?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    Question on coming back to the game. This is long, but there is a short tl;dr at the top.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I've got a question on whether or not my wife and I should consider coming back to the game. I've given a lot of explanation below, but the tl;dr is that bugs, jankiness, and a lack of QoL caused us to lose interest in playing about 2 years ago, and we wonder if any of that is better now.

    I'll start by saying I absolutely LOVE the idea of Ark. An exploration-based, open world survival game with tech progression and DINOSAURS?! Sign me up! My wife and I both got the game and played together on the Island, just the two of us. It took me quite a few hours to figure out how to do get a co-op game going, but eventually, we were able to get in and start playing. I guess that was a sign of things to come.

    The learning curve is super steep, obviously, but we worked our way through it. We were having a lot of fun setting up a base on the south beach of the Island among some large rocks, no thanks whatsoever to the theri running around in the jungle not too far north of us. We built up an army of raptors, lost almost all of them to an alpha carno before we even knew what alphas were, and learned that the mini-raptor-compy-things with glowing eyes are NOT to be messed with. We also found out that caves are bad - died a number of times in one before finally getting out of it with some kind of artifact that I still haven't the slightest idea on what it was for. We went back for metal quite a lot, and always seemed to find another one. Good times!

    We were having a lot of fun, but found ourselves constantly wrestling with what felt like obtuse, confusing game mechanics. It was also hard to figure out what to do next, since I had no idea what was even possible in this game (which is equal parts cool and bewildering). Building things quickly became a chore, but I LOVE base-building, so I tried to stick with it. I always make overcomplicated buildings in games like Minecraft and Subnautica, and the opportunity to build a safehouse from dinosaurs is just awesome. The building felt clunky and difficult, but with our thatch huts among the rocks, it wasn't too bad.

    Eventually we got ourselves some eagle birds from the redwood area (can't remember what they were called) and really started exploring the Island. We settled on an open plain just east of the large volcano, somewhat central to the map, and built up a retaining wall. We then embarked on one of the most epic journeys I've ever had in a video game - moving all of our tamed dinosaurs (of which there were many) from the south beach to our new home. We spent hours planning the route, lining all of our tames up, stocking them up with food, and making quick trips back and forth to get all of our supplies over there. The actual caravan itself was incredible - probably 30 or so dinosaurs, from chickens to brontos, working our way west and north up the beach before cutting inland and breaking for safety. We traveled for hours herding our dinos, desperately fighting off predators, and clearing a path whenever we reached an obstacle, all while shamelessly playing Jurassic Park music the *entire* time!

    I think that was unfortunately the last moments of pure joy I got from the game. We settled in and started working on our permanent base - running pipes to the river, building a simple, multi-story house in the complex, learning about air conditioners, kibble, and breeding (I still have no freaking clue...). Now that we had arrived, I was spending all of my time wrestling with the various systems. I was trying to make the water pipe look less stupid floating in midair, trying to figure out why the retaining wall wouldn't line up because we were getting seen by predators, trying to build a house that looked halfway decent when the building system seemed to fight me every step of the way. I kept seeing AMAZING builds on this subreddit, but for some reason, my two story mansion idea ended up looking pretty shabby.

    To top it all off, we could not for the life of us figure out how to organize all of our dinos. We had a massive enclosure area with the aforementioned wall around it, but inside, jumbles of dinosaurs that were very difficult to coordinate in any meaningful way. As for the dinosaurs too big to fit inside, they were sitting outside, hopefully kept safe by 10 or so rexes I had tamed. We did have a few moments of that original joy again - we had a Titanosaur wander by our plain, and a particularly tense moment when we spotted a Giga wandering around on the foothills of the volcano. That was MUCH closer than I liked him, so we spent quite awhile trying to lead him away.

    Other than those moments, I found myself not having much fun anymore. Building still felt clunky, maintaining our tamed dinos was a constant, never-ending jumble of busy-work, and there were ever-present janky or buggy behaviors that were constantly irritating. The lighting was awful, too - I could never get my gamma settings right, it was always way too bright or way too dark. Heaven forbid I spend any time on the beach without going completely blind.

    To sum up, I am in love with the idea of this game, but I couldn't get past the execution. I really wanted to love it, I tried so hard, but eventually it got to the point where I just wasn't having any fun playing it no matter how much I wanted to. I might be a hypocrite because I absolutely adore Path of Exile, which has just as steep of a learning curve and it's own constant bug and QoL problem. Either way, we stopped playing Ark somewhere around a year and a half ago.

    In that time, have there been any fixes or adjustments that might impact our experience? We never did try any of the other maps, some of which looked very interesting. I know there is an absolute TON of content we never even came close to, and honestly, I kind of wish we could do so. I have a lot of fond memories of playing - tense moments where your eagle's stamina is running low and the rex you're trying to tame hasn't fallen asleep yet, racing down the beach to escape an angry theri, slogging though a cave with nothing but a shotgun, some shells, and a prayer... I miss it.

    On the other hand, every time I seriously consider launching the game again, I remember fighting to use systems how they were supposed to be, mountains of busy-work and a mess of tames all over the place, bugs causing me to lose my favorite dinosaurs, and feeling like I needed sunglasses just to play the game.

    I know this turned out super long, so if you're still reading, thank you. What I want to know is this - Is it worth trying again? Has anything changed? Was I getting in my own way by doing things wrong? My wife and I would love to play the only truly amazing dinosaur-survival-sandbox again since there's very little out there like it, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do so.

    P.S. Even if everything had been resolved, I have one final reckoning with this game. One of the last things we did was go out and collect organic polymer for the first time, and the things we had to do to get it just made me feel bad. Poor little penguins. I don't know if I can forgive the game for that.

    It did help keep my house warm in the winter, though, I'll give it that. Not even Path of Exile pushes our PC temps as hard.

    :)

    submitted by /u/TyrianGames
    [link] [comments]

    Ark Trilobite Hockey

    Posted: 08 May 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    Ark PvP | Wiping 2 Desert Bases + Giga Fights PvP

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    What will you guys do when you can’t reach to your flyer, but the wyvern is attacking you?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Killing tamed tuso...

    Posted: 08 May 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    Just wondering. If I raise tusos then kill them (baby or full grown) do I get tuso tentacles?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Arkaholic5683
    [link] [comments]

    Can we talk about how this game + DLC is the size of nearly *two* Modern Warfare/Warzone installs?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 02:27 PM PDT

    I really feel like something needs to be done about this, or at the very least it needs to be talked about more. This game with all of the DLC's is over 200GB for god's sake. I know there's a lot of content and assets, but UE4 has some pretty decent file compression and this game does not compress its assets at all.

    I get it, bigger hard drives are getting cheaper and all that, but have you tried loading this game on an HDD? It can take easily 5+ minutes. And SSD's aren't cheap, let alone ones that can hold this game's 200GB size and still have space for reasonable amounts of other games, downloads etc.

    The solution to this would just be for Wildcard to just actually compress some of the game's files. This game should not be anywhere near as big as it is right now.

    submitted by /u/Trini_Gamer10
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel