• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 8, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 06:32 AM PDT

    Welcome to Storytime Tuesday!

    Tales from the ARK can be wild, hilarious, and/or downright captivating. Consider this thread an open invitation for you to to tell us some tales of survival, tribal warfare, epic taming, thrilling exploration, etc.


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Decoding the newest image

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    Image Link

    So I am trying to decode the new image, and have had mixed luck so far. There are 8 lines in total, 3 left, 5 right. I will refer to them as 1-3L for the left, and 1-5R for the right.

    The text to the left side is "Data Corruption Detected". I initially got:

    1L- tata

    2L- orruption

    3L- tected

    I added extra (a) symbols to get the breaks to work out and triple checked my symbols. That side was easy, it's the right I am struggling with. I have gotten random lines and redone them over and over, maybe I am just blind or missing something. The best I have gotten so far is:

    1R- 4

    2R- $4

    3R- NM

    4R- MLY

    5R- 5

    These are clearly wrong, but it is better than the full line I got of "bd4>c80-8esSCv9c9d5" so either someone is buying a Wendy's 4 for $4 or there is a weird math formula going on. Most likely the data is as stated corrupted and we might not get to decipher it.

    I would LOVE to be wrong here.

    Let me know what you guys can make of it.

    edit:

    The current hypothesis that I also started thinking was numbers as letters. As users u/Flashflashcrash and u/laemiri brought up, modifying the broken strings can give you "4nmly" as some strings can become blank. This can be seen as "Anomaly", which would make sense as this creature appears to be a new form of the Karkinos (crab). Both have 6 legs, but the new image is missing parts and may not have the 4 front limbs with the claws, but both do have the same 4 eyes in the same structure. The new "anomaly" as it is called has spines along the back so if it is tameable it might not have the same saddle structure. Obviously other creatures with backs like this can be ridden, but the reason I bring this up is there appears to be smaller arms or something underneath. If these are small arms/appendages we may end up with a gatcha like scoop saddle. The anomaly also has claw feet as opposed to the spikes the Karkinos has. Based on the bowing shape to the legs and the flaps, we might have a creature that can climb like Ravagers, jump like a Karkinos, and glide like a Drake. The gliding might just be a webbing for swimming as well.

    All of this might be false and me looking too deep, but what else am I going to do with my game knowledge and biology background?

    edit 2:

    I am not a website wizard that can pull things like a music file named Genesis or anything but I am thinking with the new grappling we have with the Deino, this may be a variant off of that which I am kicking myself for not seeing before. As I quoted the forum user with WC's hint, this is a blood sucker. Mentions of webs, so maybe we are going to get the spider pet we always wanted. This might climb on surfaces and drop and suck to regain HP if they can be tamed. Hopefully we are not looking at a Troodon sacrifice to tame deal but we will have to see if they are tamable at all.

    I summon you website diggers, do your magic!

    submitted by /u/CollapsedPlague
    [link] [comments]

    Community Crunch 201: Mysterious Mysteries, On The Horizon, and Changes to the Code of Conduct

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    November Charity Event

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    I'm told that there will be a charity event on November 12, but I can't find any sources to that. Apparently there will be 8X Breeding.

    Can anyone confirm this with a source?

    submitted by /u/Stealth_Tek
    [link] [comments]

    Ark using all computer memory - I have to restart my whole computer every hour. Help - System info available

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    Basically the title. Ark used to crash every now and then. Around once per hour, sometimes it was fine for 3-4 hours. Lately I'm having to restart my whole computer though because Ark gets so laggy. It stutters so much its unplayable and if I dont restart it will crash at some point.

    My settings are low - medium. No shadows and stuff, view distance is high. No launch options. I used some a little while ago but all of a sudden Ark immediately crashed so I deleted them all to be able to play at all.

    EDIT: Map is Ragnarok mostly. I transfer every now and then which seems to enhance the need to restart.

    EDIT 2: I validated my game files twice and reinstalled the game once to try to fix this. I do have mods installed, but there is a lot of space left on my disc and the server doesn't use any big mods afaik.

    I dont have a clue about computers so maybe somebody can help. This is the System information given by Steam

    Computer Information:

    Manufacturer: MSI

    Model: MS-7693

    Form Factor: Desktop

    No Touch Input Detected

    Processor Information:

    CPU Vendor: AuthenticAMD

    CPU Brand: AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor

    CPU Family: 0x15

    CPU Model: 0x2

    CPU Stepping: 0x0

    CPU Type: 0x0

    Speed: 3900 Mhz

    6 logical processors

    3 physical processors

    HyperThreading: Supported

    FCMOV: Supported

    SSE2: Supported

    SSE3: Supported

    SSSE3: Supported

    SSE4a: Supported

    SSE41: Supported

    SSE42: Supported

    AES: Supported

    AVX: Supported

    CMPXCHG16B: Supported

    LAHF/SAHF: Supported

    PrefetchW: Unsupported

    Operating System Version:

    Windows 7 (64 bit)

    NTFS: Supported

    Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

    Video Card:

    Driver: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

    DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll

    Driver Version: 26.20.13001.50005

    DirectX Driver Version: 26.20.13001.50005

    Driver Date: 9 3 2019

    OpenGL Version: 4.6

    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel

    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

    DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

    VendorID: 0x1002

    DeviceID: 0x683d

    Revision Not Detected

    Number of Monitors: 1

    Number of Logical Video Cards: 1

    No SLI or Crossfire Detected

    Primary Display Resolution: 1280 x 800

    Desktop Resolution: 1280 x 800

    Primary Display Size: 17.80" x 11.10" (20.94" diag)

    45.2cm x 28.2cm (53.2cm diag)

    Primary Bus Type Not Detected

    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB

    Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

    Sound card:

    Audio device: 1 - SAMSUNG (AMD High Definitio

    Memory:

    RAM: 12236 Mb

    Miscellaneous:

    UI Language: English

    Media Type: DVD

    Total Hard Disk Space Available: 705671 Mb

    Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 182589 Mb

    OS Install Date: Jan 01 1970

    Game Controller: None detected

    VR Headset: None detected

    submitted by /u/Guardianangel93
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Deinonychus so weak?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    EDIT: Just to clarify. Deinonychus are very weak when they are alone. Incredibly squishy.

    Yes, as a pack they can take put the bosses. Mostly because the bosses dont seem to always aggro them. A few hits will take out any Deinonychus. I'm glad I got everyones input. Lets see if the Deino will stay where its at :)

    I just got my first 2 Deinos today. They are so much fun. Riding, climbing, fighting.

    Then you look at the stats...

    My 140 fully imprinted Deino has less health, stam and the same weight as my non imprinted 218 Raptor. Like wth. Let me get another Raptor, breed them and I will have a stronger tame.

    I do realize it is supposed to be an early game tame, but what use is it? I can craft Raptor saddles earlier and Raptors are super easy to tame. By the time I could have a raised 150 Deino I could also have a nice imprinted Raptor.

    Also the stamina seems very low. You can jump like 4 times on a wall before falling. Why? Climbing isn't op at all, why would it be limited this way? The stam regen also seem very slow.

    Here is my suggestion.

    Let wild Deinos spawn up to 190, increase their health by 1.5, their weight by 1.5 and their stam by 1.5. They still will be squishy, their stam and weight still wont be much, but at least they are usable to some extent.

    Right now my 140 has like 1.5k health. That is nothing. Considering I need to pump points into stam and weight also... This tame is fun but no use taking outside of the base.

    A raptor will pounce you off, a saber or wolf will be a threat. Not even mentioning multiple threats at once. Having max levels health be at 2.5k in average it would really benefit from it.

    Well, those are my thoughts anyways.

    Tl;dr: Deinonychus. Potentially my new favorite tame if it weren't for incredibly low health, stam and weight. Why WC? Why?

    submitted by /u/Guardianangel93
    [link] [comments]

    Can you do the same raid multiple times

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:13 PM PDT

    Title

    submitted by /u/Eecnahz
    [link] [comments]

    title

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    hi guys. how can i change my xp slider to x6 ive seen a lot of servers that have their xp slider on x6 but the max for me is x3. how can i get it to x6

    submitted by /u/rajoldinho
    [link] [comments]

    Question about crop plots.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Couldn't find any info about it on google, but do irrigated crop plots take less damage from flame arrows than a crop plot that isn't irrigated?

    submitted by /u/poptart0
    [link] [comments]

    Single player breeding settings for mass breeding?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    What settings should I put the multipliers too to make it so that I can hatch large numbers of baby rexes for boss fights, without it taking stupidly long?

    Mainly in regards to things like the imprint settings. I want it to be fast, but I also want to be able to imprint the dinos ideally to 100%

    submitted by /u/luke1528
    [link] [comments]

    Valguero Oil/Western Cave help

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    There's a tribe holed up in Oil cave and the entrance is too small for anything larger than a turtle and their turret wall is behind a turn. We've spent a while rocket running, chucking in soakers just past the entrance, tek rifle but we can't seem to get in. Tek tier vs Tek tier. Anyone got any unusual ideas?

    submitted by /u/FallDog123
    [link] [comments]

    I dont understand. You are going to ban the same hardware....TWICE? WHOA! Thats just too far!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    RE: CoC changes.

    If you have been hardware ID (HWID) banned, any attempt to access the Official Network with an alternate account is subject to another hardware ID ban.

    I must not be reading this right.

    If the same person has multiple accounts...how does banning the same hardware....again make any difference?

    Doesnt hardware id trump everything? So regardless of how many accounts the guy has his pc or console is screwing him over?

    I feel this statement is just a placebo effect to attempt to calm the masses in looking like they are really cracking down on all the bad shizzle.

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel