• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    ARK on Xbox One I know it's not the first one, but it was too funny not to..

    ARK on Xbox One I know it's not the first one, but it was too funny not to..


    I know it's not the first one, but it was too funny not to..

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:07 AM PST

    “Ark isn’t a horror game”

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:40 PM PST

    So I’m working on my base and would like to connect the bottom of my base to the ground. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could use to blend it in?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:44 AM PST

    Need a name for this handsome fella.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:30 PM PST

    Would it be viable to use dire bears for the dragon boss fight or should I use rexs ? ( I know theirz are better but I don’t have good ones )

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:12 PM PST

    Getting dunked on by other servers

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:35 PM PST

    So me and my friends just started getting into Ark, we picked a random official PVP server, and split work between the five of us. Things were progressing rather smoothly; we had a fabricator and started making modern weapons, we had a Ptero for each of us between lvls 100-200, and had a a sizable albeit wooden house. We had raided a few similar sized tribes and had our problems with a few pesky bobs, but it was nothing too bad. That is until we encountered two bobs while taming a bronto. Typically we operate with warnings to bobs, but we told these guys as long as they didn't cause us any problems we wouldn't touch them. After some tea bagging to show good faith we went our separate ways and they went into the sea on a raft only to get tragically nae nae'd by the white alpha whale thing. This is when things turned hostile. They demanded a raft and said if we didn't give them one they'd kill our bronto. We obviously took offense as a larger tribe with guns and higher level mounts and threatened them back. They spawned a couple times trying to kill our bronto, but we were able to tame it and cryo store it. During this process they demanded a boat again and we considered giving it to them just so they'd buzz off, but one of them started punching the bronto again so we killed them. Their pestering continued like ten minutes afterwards until we were able to get one of them into a cage in our base. He continually called us retards, so we just let him starve in the cage (idk I thought it was pretty justified). At that point every time we saw them we just tried to walk by cause it was taking up too much of our time. However, they'd insist on attempting to kill us (five guys fully metal armor clad) with bows to which we'd respond with live rounds. This eventually climaxed a few hours later when someone with a crystal wyvern killed all of our pteros; we chalked it up to the alpha tribe trolling and decided to try to move out and onto our raft as fast as possible. Tragically we moved too late as the high level man, now with a pal, arrived with two nearly level 250 fire wyverns. They absolutely razed our base, killing all the animals (roughly twenty tames of various size and level) destroying walls and killing us. They also completely wiped two other tribes, (they're could be more, that's just how many cussed them out in global chat). Time passes and the two bobs who tried to kill our bronto claim that they switched accounts in order to transfer their tames to wipe us. What's the point of specific servers if an alpha can just bring their animals to dunk on who they don't like. We grinded for days (just two lol) on that server to build up our base and these guys can just on a whim bring the strongest creatures in to grief us? I mean I get it's a PVP server, but they didn't take anything, they actually just emptied our bodies so the loot would despawn. My point is what's the purpose in grinding if someone who, not even from that server, can just pop in and immediately become dominant. We started too late into Ark's life cycle so this is expected? Do I just have to "git gud" or play on a PVE? Idk I'm fairly new to the game so I'd love to hear if I'm in the wrong or what we should have done differently.

    TL;DR Why should I grind on a server just so some random can transfer his arch demon from the depths of hell to peel back my cap and those of my beloved tames?

    submitted by /u/jvanvolk27
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel