• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    ARK: Survival Evolved Mood.

    ARK: Survival Evolved Mood.


    Mood.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:29 PM PST

    I'm a little late but... Enjoy!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:48 AM PST

    I had to

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:45 AM PST

    The Royal Argy Arrayed in Purple and Gold, 7+ Mutations in Health, Stam, and Melee As Well As Looking Awesome!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:34 AM PST

    Chimerasaurus

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:53 AM PST

    Relateable Funny Memes Only Ark Players Will Understand

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:45 AM PST

    Some ragdoll fun with my friend

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:43 AM PST

    Unplaceable oil pumps

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:48 AM PST

    Well guys it's finally happened. Val fieri has thrown me a problem I can't figure out how to solve. I live in the northern reaches and I have a nice cliff base. I have an oil pump already to the south but it's kinda far and eggrunners keep leading the damn wyverns to it so getting oil is a pain in the ass.

    Then my luck changed, I found an oil vein less than a minutes flight from my base! I built a pump, and started cackling like a scooby doo villain. I flew over to place the pump, and then boom. Can't place structure. No big deal I thought, I'll just break all these rocks around it. Nope. Still won't work. It's under a ridge so care packages can't be the problem. Only thing I can think of is that one corner of the pump would be off the ground. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/bombzombie
    [link] [comments]

    I've been mia for a while... And to my lack of surprise things are still the same.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:23 AM PST

    Best value for money expansions for solo PvP player.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:09 AM PST

    So, long story short, Im only about 1k hours in, and the first few hundred of that were single player on the Island just learning the basics and bobbing around. But now I am loving unofficial (MTS at present) solo PvP life. I will spoiler the massive explanation of my experience so far and the type of player I am for those just able to offer a quick suggestion to my question.

    After my single player tutorial type play I then moved straight to MTS (back in the early first seasons) where I had a great time in my now patched out center base location. I was unraidable for the most part without mesh biting, my offline timer was shorter than the time it would take to even begin to soak/rocket run thanks to the nature of the rathole I lived in.

    And that experience both hooked and soured me to the game, I was hooked because I could do everything solo, there was always risk and being in the middle of the map always a fight close by, luckily my first base defenses I logged on in time to learn from my building mistakes and correct them before the next attempt.

    Nothing was as fun as logging on to a raid in progress or coming back to base to see someone pulling up on me, I was honestly hooked. The downer was between farming and defending it was hard to scout raids of my own and even harder to raid so late in the wipe as a solo player. Also some ass wipe decided to mesh bite my power cables/outlets with a Giga while I was online, I got screen shots of him doing it, the combat log, and a video/co ords for my base to prove the only thing he was doing was mesh biting my power grid from outside as a Giga doesnt even fit into the base. MTS staff unfortunately deemed this not enough evidence and basically said unlucky bro, if you arent recording 24/7 and making a fuss on youtube, you arent likely to get anyone in trouble despite their "strict" rules.

    Still I made it to the end of the wipe unraided and then life got busy.

    I just came back and have decided my goal until I can find playmates/a tribe (which isnt easy without the expansions) is to build up on each map both a "rathole" and a breeding base that hopefully withstand the test of time, kind of as a solo challenge for myself unless I find people to play with.

    I did so on the center again, just a rathole no breed spot but I got mesh bit/C4. I caught one guy doing it but he failed and got shot on his racer and wyvern as he poked their heads through the mesh. Another player did succeed (he claims he didnt, but when I have slot capped turrets and plant x way ahead of any foundations in a one entrance drop down/crouch rat hole there is no way the first C4 in my tribe log takes out a foundation/cables before he even loses 1 soaking dino or died to a rocket run/destroys a turret/plant X.

    I didnt even bother to report it, as I had a breeding base elsewhere that I failed to defend (got picked without my grapples/polymer and caged while they then soaked it all) which while they were soaking a second tribe offered in global chat to bring carbos to help soak, and if they needed any supplies, to which they asked for some fire arrows and help soaking in exchange for a share of the loot. I of course screen shotted this all, not expecting to get my base or items back, I lost those fair and square, but the blatant teaming so brazenly discussed.... but alas no video no dice. Hence I have given up on trying to report mesh biting/teaming and would rather just get right back on the grind.

    I now after losing a couple rat holes to some oversleeping and hubris with my defense set up have a breeding base and hidden base/rathole set up on one map, they have stood the test of the first week or so, and so far the weekend seems to be holding up too, so my Wyvern lines are breeding well into their 6th generation now and I have backups for all my fliers and non water based utility tames should I lose either or both bases.

    Playing solo kind of sucks though for finding PvP and raids, but I think I may use the beginner servers to try and achieve a similar goal on each and every map to entertain myself. And maybe attract more fights as they tend to be more scrappy than main cluster for a solo player.

    I doubt anyone is interested in my strategy as a solo player and how such so I will now stop writing my Ark life story in spoiler tags and get to my question.

    So spoiler text aside, I am a solo unofficial player on MTS with low experience but a love for high risk PvP gameplay who has currently had both his breeding and "safe" base untouched for just over a week and am now wanting to branch out and advance both in my tames, tek and base locations on new maps (maybe on main cluster maybe rotating on beginners clusters, as I want to have both a safe base and breeding base on each map that dont get wiped for 2weeks plus ideally. As a personal challenge while I am still a solo player.

    While the current pandemic has given me plenty of time for gaming, there has been much less time for earning and much less to spend on entertainment, so at present I still dont have anything other than the free DLC for Ark. And unless there is a sale soon it will probably be a while before I can justify dropping any money on any expansions soon to be honest as family comes first but as and when I can be it thanks to a sale or life getting back to normal I want to get the most bang for my buck in terms of Solo PvP resources/bases. And most "desirable" for playing with other people should I ever find a tribe.

    My current logic is as follows, but as a relative noob any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    I know I am rating mostly on tames, and I could trade/raid for said tames, but starting fresh and being able to target farm certain stats is something I prefer over trading, otherwise the game becomes a case of just farming one currency or pimping one good stat line for everything, and kind of takes the fun out of the variety.

    I also dont know which bosses can be solo killed for Tek engrams, so any maps that allow that get an instant boost for me when I can finally purchase them, as my next step on my main server is hopefully to unlock some Tek to bolster my defense and offense, but as a solo I dont know which bosses I can do that on yet, so again any info would be appreciated.

    Extinction - Probably the highest priority, Gachas, Gasbags, Manas, Snow Owls and Velonasaurs. As far as PvP/utility tames go I dont think you can beat this, couple that with alternative resource farming early game (electronics for example) and some quite nice base spots I honestly think this wins hands down.

    Aberration - Reapers and Rock Drakes, nice tames but a bit more niche and less useful solo, but the idea of a no fly map for a solo player and the added challenge of the map in general I do kind of like, so I would rate this second I think.

    Genesis - Bloodstalkers are very nice mounts in a lot of situations, I believe there is a higher occurance of Tek dinos here too which for breeding certain high HP soakers is quite nice, and people seem to really rate the missions, however I think they kind of kill the fun of the grind so with some exceptions maybe targetting specific items I think I would not personally rate the points/shop myself even if it is super efficient, so for me this takes third place.

    Scorched Earth - I guess the draw is that there is no major draw to this map, so you are less likely to be bothered here?

    submitted by /u/ArchonOfPrinciple
    [link] [comments]

    Aiming for beauty

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:43 AM PST

    Hi chaps, I'm expecting to be told I'm aiming for the stars but I am running a gtx 1660 super, nvidia optimised Ark to run on mostly high but it kinda looks a bit meh... The foliage looks blurry...the sand, water, dinos all wonderful but the trees, grass etc are all awful...I've read that Ark isn't optimised but I've recently watched Glock9 play and his world looked beautiful. Is it that my 1660s isn't going to cut the mustard or is there a graphic setting I should be fiddling with? Any help would be much appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/chiarodiluna
    [link] [comments]

    ARK ( Microsoft store version) makes my pc overheat

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:38 AM PST

    Ark(microsoft) is making my pc overheat when I've never had any problems like this with the steam version, the only reason I want to use this version is to play with some friends who are on xbox.

    I was playing on a public unofficial server when it overheated for maybe 15-20 minutes before it crashed, the fans started whirring much louder and the screen went black. i turned the pc off by the button when I realised it had overheated.

    I googled and found that it could mean I need to replace my thermal paste but I tried this and its still happening?

    Anyone have any ideas on what this could mean?

    I have a vega 64 16gb of ram I7-4790K CPU 4.00ghz

    For cooling my processor has a water cooler attached and there are 6 fans in the pc

    submitted by /u/Spectre011
    [link] [comments]

    Abberation

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:41 AM PST

    How do I destroy a Vault dropped turret tower with out Soaking the turrets?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:01 AM PST

    I am trying to raid this base with both Tek and heavy Turrets on vault dropped tower.I feel like soaking it will take forever due to it being unofficial and both Element and adv rifle bullets are super cheap to acquire and craft..

    submitted by /u/SteamingLog
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Ark taking ages to install an update after downloading?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:41 PM PST

    Im looking for someone to hang out with on a non dedicated to show me the game im pretty new only level 80

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:17 PM PST

    Im 20, i live in north america and im just looking for a friend whos down for some PVE

    submitted by /u/PhlyinHigh
    [link] [comments]

    New memes daily

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:13 PM PST

    Mana can't attack underwater anymore?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:04 PM PST

    I know they nerfed them shortly after they were released but are they not able to attack underwater? is there a trick to get them to do this...i've read alot of people say that they are kinda OP in the water...is it just because of how fast they are?

    submitted by /u/Debo00551
    [link] [comments]

    my ark is extremely zoomed in when i launch it and i cant make it smaller in any way, also oculus vr home app launches when i launch ark.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:52 PM PST

    Need players

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:30 PM PST

    Looking for ark players, ps4 ragnarok map

    Friendly contributors and team players needed

    Voice chat preffered

    PM me and we can chat

    submitted by /u/Alpin_The_Viking
    [link] [comments]

    Dying after every update?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 12:40 PM PST

    So after every update no matter the size when I spawn back into the game I'm 100 feet in the air above my base. I usually don't have time to react or have the means to stop it (para, glider, grapple). I always ask the server (official) if they had the same issue but they never do.

    Has anyone else had this problem? It's usually not a big deal to recover the stuff but a lot of the Dino's freak out trying to reach the body and the babies run away.

    submitted by /u/thingsfarstuff
    [link] [comments]

    Patrick that's a T-Rex

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:49 PM PST

    Help Please

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:21 PM PST

    Hey guys. So my ark just crashed and when i loaded back on I have everything deleted on all of my maps. I have nothing please help.

    submitted by /u/Collinz04
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel