• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 29, 2020

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:09 AM PST

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My experience with ark and why I don't understand why PvP players think they're better than PvE players. Let's talk about it.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:03 AM PST

    What's the deal with people from PvP feeling like they need to comment on every single PvE post just to say that "PvE is for noobs" or just to make fun of the people playing PvE.

    I played the game on PC week one of the alpha game release, then moved to xbox when it came out there as all my friends were on xbox. I spent about 2-3 years on PvP getting raided and wiped until I started to understand how to defend myself against flyers and gigas.

    PvP is full of kids running servers by glitching the game because they can't play the game like it should be. Leveling flyers like pteras into movement speed and putting c4 on them so they can fly so fast that they fly through your walls before your base has time to load just so they can kill your dinos and blow your base up from the inside. So WildCard releases a patch that nerfs all flyers.

    Spamming artifact caves with turrets so you can't do boss fights.

    Most PvP servers I was on were full of toxic kids going around messing with people breaking boxes and killing egg layers just because they wanted to make the person suffer. Or alphas trying to raid me and my friends and then going around either attacking our base from under the map or going and wiping some noob with a wooden base and like 4 dinos just because they couldn't raid us.

    Don't get me wrong I use to love playing PvP. Nothing was better than flying on my ptera going around finding a noob on a raft trying to get oil from the snow biome and seeing them running the second they saw you because they knew they would of been picked up and flown out into the edge of the sea and getting raided for their oil.

    But I was the guy who would see you getting oil with a pick and then spending half a day with you finding and taming you a 120 anky (max level at the time) so you could farm stuff better. Or dropping you apprentice fur I got from drops so you wouldn't freeze as easy. The point I'm making is I was a nice guy.

    I was usually in a Beta or sometimes Alpha tribe on my server and we would only raid someone if they had a lot of metal or they started building out of metal. All over the server though we would see people raiding noobs just because they wanted to destroy something. Nothing but toxic kids going around killing someones 6 hour tame because it felt good to see them rage and get upset in chat.

    All the time you spend building your tribe up. Turning your base from wood to stone to metal just so some kid can go under the map and rpg your foundations. In fact when I left PvP they released transfers between servers and I heard mega tribes of like 100 people would join servers and wipe an entire server so they can have a "home base" for their tribes. Honestly I wouldn't go back to PvP if you paid me. But that's just my preference.

    I start playing PvE when Scorched Earth got released and all I saw were people helping each other tame argies with prime and milk runs for new baby wyverns. I was probably the biggest noob on the server as all I did was spam pillars so I could have land for later expansion. I built a base out of Adobe and got my first wyverns using a community trap and always had about 1 or 2 people help me get milk. Not because I asked but because they wanted to and I did the same for them.

    When tek first got announced we were taming and breeding rexes on a center server I was invited to from the people I met on SE and by the time the bosses were released we were all getting our asses handed to us together. There were a total of 4 tribes getting the trophies needed for the boss fights so they could all do it together and split the element. I had tribes on my island server do meat runs for me because I was raising 40 - 60 rexes for our boss fights and giving them free seats/eggs and whatever they needed.

    Whenever we had a troll or a kiter join our server the second they stole something or kited someone they had about 10 people kiting gigas, titans, golems, wyverns whatever to their base and getting rid of them. Every time someones base got damaged or destroyed because of a kiter the community would come together and give them structures and dinos so they could rebuild. And whenever someone thought they owned the server or thought they could pillar the map or pillar someone in well... They would also be dealt with.

    I don't know about you but in my opinion PvE is better than PvP because there is a lot less cheating and griefing and a lot more people playing with each other and helping each other out.

    But that's just my opinion I prefer this game mode because I had a better experience on PvE.

    submitted by /u/Martimare
    [link] [comments]

    First attempt at breeding

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:10 AM PST

    ARK microsoft store file size

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 10:32 AM PST

    My friend is downloading the game on steam and only has to download like 20 gb to install the game and i got it on the mircrosoft store and its 94.22 gb. So why is it like this ? Anyone know ?

    submitted by /u/iiSmail11x
    [link] [comments]

    I can't join unofficial Servers pls help me

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:47 PM PST

    Hello, i havent played ARK in a long time but decided to try it again with a friend who bought it on sale. We are starting with unoffical servers to get started but cant join the Server. Everytime it says "Downloading Mods" and then afer some time I get an Error that says "Login Failed" "Connection Interrupted". Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue. Thank you very much

    submitted by /u/ThePhili02
    [link] [comments]

    Wyvern food drain depends on maturation

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:37 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I know that a baby wyvern drains about 360 food per hour.

    And when it gets older it drains less.

    Anyone here who know a formula to calculate that? Like, 50% maturations means 200 food per hour.

    Or is anyone raising a wyvern atm? And he can check the draining like every 10% maturation and give me that data so I can interpolate a formula?

    submitted by /u/Introser
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about transferring servers

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:18 AM PST

    Whats the best way to tame troodons?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:26 AM PST

    Question about switching servers within cluster (Genesis)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Hey all,

    It's been a while since I've played Ark. If I start playing on an unofficial server cluster now that will open a server for Genesis (when it releases) will I be able to send my dinos to the Genesis server? Or will I have to start over fresh on the Genesis server?

    Any info helps.

    submitted by /u/Fuzzywuzzywazabear
    [link] [comments]

    Any tribes recruiting small tribes Xbox (6man)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:52 AM PST

    Help this noob figure out what killed him

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:06 AM PST

    So I'm new to Ark, been playing about a week trying to play solo PVP, i've been doing fine, been jumped a few times but oh well, all and all it's been fun so far. However, my mind was down last night during my first "raid".

    I found a base in near a volcano while i was just running around exploring, i didn't see any turrets so i figured what the hell lets get a closer look, i got up to the base no problem, it was all metal and i didn't have / don't have anything to break in with but found a couple storage crates. Opening the crates my eyes lit up when my noob a** saw some purple items (which i this point i've only seen green). I quickly snatched up the items and was on my way to a drop to upload the items, success i figured! however... on my way down the mountain i just randomly died!!! WTH!. I had also grabbed some cooked meat from one of the crates which i ate shortly before i died, my first thought was maybe the meat was poisoned, but to be honest i'm not sure what killed me. I know my death was caused by a player because i had to wait 60 seconds before i spawned but no where did i see what or who killed me, my tribe log didn't show me anything it just says i was killed like it would if i jumped off a cliff. (very familiar with that)

    Anyways after getting eaten by everything in a game while trying to get back to the base i finally made it back but my body/stuff had already decomposed, oh well i figured so i checked out the base some more . While walking around on top of the base it happened again! same exact style of death, but what the heck killed me?! there was no where for anything (i know of) to be hidden and how do i watch out for the unknown?

    I figured it was a IED but i didn't hear/see and explosions, my body just dropped and i was dead, the screen said "You Died" i thought maybe it was a turret but i'm pretty sure it would say i was killed by a turret. So i don't know what the hell... If any of you could help me avoid this type of untimely death in the future i would greatly appreciate it.

    I'm playing on an official server and when it happened i was the only one in the server.

    submitted by /u/_rhx
    [link] [comments]

    do official servers ever wipe?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:14 AM PST

    i want to get into pvp finally but i don't want to get into a server and there already be 4 different tribes with gigantic metal bases already owning the whole server. do they ever wipe so i could have a fair chance?

    submitted by /u/xNevi
    [link] [comments]

    Technical Question/Problem on localization

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:34 AM PST

    Yo, in all google search i found it there is a mention on LocalizationManager.exe for localise files in other languages... when i go in /Tools/ Folder... it's empty.. trying to search, no result... where is this .exe? or how can I convert the files from/to xlsx?

    submitted by /u/ffmomo
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] How can I disable certain Dinos?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:34 AM PST

    I'm trying to figure out how to disable certain Dinos from spawning in my PS4 dedicated server. I'm not hosting from nitrado, so I can't use outside tools.

    submitted by /u/Dazd95
    [link] [comments]

    What was your first time in Ark like?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:25 AM PST

    It was the beach of The Island. First day was okay. First night came, and I kept being spawncamped by raptors(before they could pounce) for almost 2 days... I then realized that it would take me less time to start from scratch and remake my top tier flint axe and pick...

    submitted by /u/Nazamroth
    [link] [comments]

    Single player - New character - Can I transfer dinos?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 11:15 PM PST

    Hello! I have a character on the isle but I want to start over with a new character. I don't care about my items and structures but I'd like to move some of my dinos over to my new character. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/8stormfox8
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to get more higher level dinos consistently on ark ps4?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:35 AM PST

    Currently playing singleplayer on The Island and consistently find level 8s, very rarely do I see 100+. Any way to get higher leveled dinos more often?

    submitted by /u/Powduh_
    [link] [comments]

    No nest spawns on Rag/SE/Valguero Xbox Single player

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:23 AM PST

    I checked around the internet and found that this is a common problem, and usually destroywilddinos helps. However I've been trying this and whatever other tips I could find for hours and nothing works. SE has dozens of wyvern spawns but no nests, valguero has a shit ton of deinonychus but no nests. Ragnarok doesn't even have a single wyvern spawn ANYWHERE, let alone nests. What gives? Is the only option left to me to spawn these eggs/creatures?

    Edit: No wyvern nests on valguero or rock drake nests on aberration either.

    submitted by /u/GrimReaper415
    [link] [comments]

    The Hardcore mode description

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:27 PM PST

    In the settings for singleplayer there is an option for Hardcore mode, it says something the the like of "when you die your character will be reset back to level one". I was moving to SE because I ascended on the island and wanted to have a fresh start leveling again. To my utter fucking shock when I died the game deleted my character, countless hours lost. Now I, for the last hour have been recreating my character through the console by force joining the tribe, making myself the owner of the tribe again, reclaiming dinos and structures, leveling, leveling my chibi, spawning in and killing all the alpha bosses on the island, etc. There needs to be an updated description of what "Hardcore mode" means in Ark.

    submitted by /u/Wafflefrogs101
    [link] [comments]

    Any 6 man small tribes discord’s looking to join a tribe don’t care how big I’m level 99 with tek engrams and like to grind please let me no as I don’t like doing solo on 6 man

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:33 PM PST

    Where is this On the Center?!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:09 AM PST

    Looking for this underwater cave/crack or w/e. These guys are hurting my poor feelings. Someone pls tell me where this is on center. https://imgur.com/a/Biu25ET

    submitted by /u/CamoK14
    [link] [comments]

    Question on where to build

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 01:37 PM PST

    Hello

    So the server owner has set as a rule that if players are to build in a rathole you must at least be able to squeeze in a turtle so I was wondering where the best rathole for that would be

    Please no "SeRvEr OwNeR iS rEtArDeD" please I know its d a dumb rule.

    submitted by /u/I-N-V-A-L-I-D
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help - Chunk Loading Issues

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:30 PM PST

    I usually play Ark on my Xbox One X, but recently I upgraded my PC (specs to come) but I've been having issues with getting it to run properly (W10 version to crossplay with friends), and I was wondering if you guys could offer some advice (like settings to change, ini lines to add/edit, etc)

    The current problems I have are flying to my friends house, I can see the texture of the mountains in the background kind of ripple. Like when you take a picture of a tv screen and you can sort of the see the way the camera can't quite capture the refresh rate or whatever. I'm not sure how to get that to stop happening. Another minor being world shadows not loading in unless it's in a circle around me (especially noticable on a flyer). The first definitely doesn't happen on Xbox and I'm pretty sure the second one doesn't either. (I'm sure at least the shadow one is a setting I stuffed up)

    Now the Major issue... My PC loads the game really quickly (especially compared to Xbox), I load in (from entering password to moving around) in about 5 seconds. When I tried playing on the PC, first thing I did is fly on the Wyvern to my friends place, when I got there, none of the water around his house had loaded. The ground wasn't loaded in properly and I kept falling through. I signed out and back on, and it had loaded just fine, so I flew back to my place. About halfway there, the trees stopped loading in and the none of my dinos had loaded in correctly and even after 5 mins it hadn't loaded in. The distance between our places isn't all that far, like from about the midpoint of the map to close to the bottom in a straight line (Valguero)

    I don't have issues with FPS drops, or screen tearing, or lag, or anything like that, just the ones mentioned above.

    Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 9900K (8-Core/16-Thread, 16MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.7GHz across all cores)

    32GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

    2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC with 11GB GDDR6

    Any help I could get with this would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/PhantmLeader
    [link] [comments]

    How high to tame a Dino you don’t really want?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:01 PM PST

    So I'm trying to get a decent breeding pool to start cross breeding some dinos, and I found a 145 carno. Thing is I'm not that interested in carnos. I've already got a walking around rex and for a smaller mount I want to do Allos. So I'm stuck in the toss up, do I tame it because it's a high level or do I kill it because I don't want any?

    I'll make my own decision on that but it made me wonder what others do when they happen across a high level Dino they weren't looking for. How high level does it need to be to divert you?

    submitted by /u/sal880612m
    [link] [comments]

    Console mouse problems

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:38 PM PST

    I'm having an issue on ps4 mouse and keyboard were when I double-click to learn an engram, my mouse, after learning an engram, doesn't allow me to learn an engram for a few seconds and then makes my mouse teleport to the top right of the screen before I can learn another.

    submitted by /u/Nobudy_Cr8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel