• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 30, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 05:12 AM PST

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Most PvP players in a nutshell

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:38 PM PST

    So I could actually hit something with poison/lightning wyverns.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 05:09 AM PST

    Pranking my mate when he's offline with S+ mannequins

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:05 PM PST

    Most PVE/Unofficial Players in a nutshell

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:20 PM PST

    Make CP take less stone.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 08:01 AM PST

    With beaver dams giving paste for days what is the point in grinding it and on top of that if alpha tribes put turrets around dams how are others suppose to ever keep up with that.

    submitted by /u/ZT8Z33
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha Rex

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 12:04 PM PST

    There's a 145 alpha rex dangerously close to my in walled base. Could 3 230-270 rexs take this monster on which does 300 per bite?

    submitted by /u/mindflayerflayer
    [link] [comments]

    Invited a friend to extinction and we've gotten our feet wet on OSDs. Now we have a question...

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 08:13 AM PST

    We have decided we think we want to try a Legendary OSD. I read that they were changed recently, so I'm here hoping that some of you who've done them the way we want to on official servers have some tips.

    We have 4 gigas. All with great saddles 90+. The ones we ride have somewhere in the area of 600 melee and the unridden gigas have somewhere near 500. Imprints are 90+ on ridden and 70+ on unridden.

    We were wondering this would be enough power to take out however many waves it is until you get good loot from these drops? I've read four, five, and seven rounds, so I have no clue what info is good and if it's even relevant after the recent changes.

    I would greatly appreciate any input from people who've done legendaries with only gigas... (no manas no titans no anything else). For those of you who know how the legendaries operate in terms of loot/waves, I'd love to hear from you too regardless of how you fought the waves.

    submitted by /u/msjs91011
    [link] [comments]

    There guys were placed anonymously at my front door. I suspect one of my Ark buddies!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:47 PM PST

    Lower Water Detail

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 05:48 AM PST

    So my PC seems to crash during water content. Could be random, won't always be immediate when I touch the water. I run over 50 FPS when I'm on the surface/land and mostly smooth with everything on high or better. However for some odd reason Ark will straight up freeze during water content. I'm assuming it's just too demanding for my computer. I have an i7 with a 1080 so I shouldn't be having problems running this game at all however it's probably my computer. I've updated Bios, Drivers, Checked local files. Nothing really seems to fix it except lowering the graphics. I like my graphics on land however, is there some settings in the .ini file I can just change to specifically lower water detail so I can experience water content again and not be so fearful of it.

    I also get this error a lot.
    https://i.imgur.com/U3FTwsk.png

    submitted by /u/bakednowning
    [link] [comments]

    Do cryopods still change imprint timer to official times on unofficial servers?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 06:29 AM PST

    I tried looking around for an update on if this is fixed or not but haven't found anything yet.

    I read awhile back that you should not cryopod babies you want to imprint on unofficial servers that have mulitpliers as it not only resets the babies timer (which I guess is fine if you pod it immediately after a care), but the main reason was that it reverts the timer to an official speed. So a spino wants care every 47 minutes on a 10x server, but if it was cryopoded and thawed it would spawn with an 8 hour timer - making it impossible to imprint further (as it is still maturing at 10x).

    Just curious if the correctly multiplied (albeit reset) care timer is now displayed on unofficial servers for babies when they are un-cryopoded?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/TheCyberSniper
    [link] [comments]

    REQUEST #1092282 ACCOUNT MESHED WITH 46 CRYO'D DINOS

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 09:10 PM PST

    Today at 23:04

    I was taking my 46 cryopodded managarmrs over from the Grotto and I happened to randomly fall through the earth. I instantly logged out until I had a teammate look for my body in the area that I had fell through from. Then I had logged in and I'm in a "meshed" area under the map but not dead and no way out unless I die. I wish to not lose my babies. Please help restore my account back into the grotto safely as I have no idea how this situation precipitated with my cryopodded managarmrs. I thank you in advance for taking the time to read.

    https://gyazo.com/7f018ae1877285a08cbb7d560e78901f

    https://gyazo.com/eb5d89ab91c295af340f55895333dbe3

    submitted by /u/Psychosophy23
    [link] [comments]

    i'm still having a blast!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:51 PM PST

    Just as the title says, I noticed there's a lot of negativity about the current state of the game or the sort, so I wanted to inject some major positivity by saying I am still LOVING this game. I play strictly PvE (hard pass and no thanks on ever playing this game PvP) and I am having a hoot on an Official Aberration Server. Admittedly, I got it Jan 4th so I've been playing for little less than a month, but I already have hundreds of hours invested in the game!

    I just got my Greenhouse going so I have been taming every Ovis I see, juuuust broke into the blue zone for the first time (and started up a metal base there with an anky I tamed), and even peeked into the red zone (ahh radiation!) - so all in all I have really been having a blast. Hell I even built a spino pen near my Green Zone base now that I have a healthy supply of Raw Mutton to try taming one of the bastards.

    Next up on my list will be trying to learn the intricacies of breeding and imprinting.. and I haven't even touched Scorched Earth or Extinction yet! :)

    submitted by /u/Morgoloth
    [link] [comments]

    Wildcard it might be about time to improve the A.I.'s path finding

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:04 PM PST

    I've been meaning to post this for awhile now but I have been to busy to get around to until now but since Extinction was released last November it really showed how bad the A.I. is at path finding. Doing easy or medium O.S.Ds and element nodes usually takes more of my time to do then hard ones because the smaller dinos (mainly dilos) get stuck on rocks, corners, or the bottom of cliffs because they're A.I. is designed to run directly at their target, not to find the quickest path to their target. This needs to get fixed soon I'm tired of having to spend five to ten minutes each round to look for a small hand full of lost corrupt dinos.

    submitted by /u/Delta_Spartan
    [link] [comments]

    Just ran into a Yutyrannus for the first time

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:11 PM PST

    scared the hell out of me. currently playing on The Center (xbox one) for the first time and while i was on a metal run i noticed a feathery looking trex. it noticed me almost immediately and when it roared my mount ran i the opposite direction without me able to do anything about it. ended up taming it.

    submitted by /u/trippy4pple
    [link] [comments]

    Mesh Optimization?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 05:36 PM PST

    I notice in the recent community crunch the notes state a number of structures and saddles have been mesh memory optimized. What exactly does this mean? I saw this for things like c4 or hatchets among other things. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/oxycane
    [link] [comments]

    Do imprints affect stats that get passed on?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:16 PM PST

    Need Help: Extinction Forest Floor has no clipping

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 03:53 PM PST

    I and my tribemate cant walk over the forest without clipping through it and falling to the underground water world. Everytime me, or a new test character spawns in the sunken forest(lower), we fall through the world. This bug can only happens on our dedicated server, on single player, we walk over the lower forest fine. Dinos and items are also falling through the world

    I have tried the following:

    1. Disable all mods

    2. Reinstall Ark

    3. Reset all server data

    4. Use lower tier settings (im at max)

    submitted by /u/Orelix15
    [link] [comments]

    The managarmr needs to be nerfed.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 02:21 AM PST

    I was on a server when in chat I saw there were two people riding lvl 300+ managarmrs and I didn't think much of it at first. The next day my base was completely wiped and so was the whole server. Has this ever happened to you guys, is it a common thing to happen?

    submitted by /u/Micro1549
    [link] [comments]

    Gacha's Eat Too Much

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 02:15 PM PST

    Are Gatchas supposed to consume 4 troughs of berries in an hour or so? Like literally filled up 10 troughs, their all juvenile, and put 5 of them in front of it. Logout and when i login a few hours later 4 troughs are empty.

    Yes I am aware you can put them on wander and they eat nothing, however I don't want to spend 40 hours online to raise them.

    submitted by /u/worldgate
    [link] [comments]

    Bluescreens after closing game

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 01:47 PM PST

    After I close ark I get a bluescreen and I don't really know why. I have tried numerous things, like installing new drivers, reinstalling the game, verifying game cache, etc.

    This only happens with ARK and I have plenty more games on this PC so I dont really know what the issue is with this game in particular. If anyone knows anything, I would appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/thetom21
    [link] [comments]

    How awesome would it be for the next DLC include Hybridization or be about that?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:27 PM PST

    Just popped into my head.

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel