• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 9, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved How to save 66GB of disk space by compressing ARK

    ARK: Survival Evolved How to save 66GB of disk space by compressing ARK


    How to save 66GB of disk space by compressing ARK

    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 08:18 AM PST

    How to save 66GB of disk space by compressing ARK

    I have recently re-discovered the "compress" file/folder attribute that allows you to apply NTFS compression and decided to test it on my steam folder. Here are the results:

    ARK - reduced size from 165GB to 98.7GB (Whooping 66GB saved)

    ALL of my other games (GTA V, DayZ, Far Cry 4) - 138GB to 133GB

    Looks like the other games are applying some compression by default, therefore the savings are not that great.

    How is the performance? Well, I have ARK on SSD and havent noticed anything after a day of playing like this, no new FPS drops or noticeably longer loading times, so I can 100% recommend this compression for SSD users. I am not sure about HDDs though. Anyway, if you are running low on disk space, feel free to try it, as undoing it is just as easy.

    So how to do it?

    1. Right click your ARK folder and open properties.
    2. Click the "Advanced" button near attributes.
    3. Tick "Compress contents to save disk space".
    4. Then just click Apply and choose "Apply changes to folder, subfolders and files".

    It should be done within an hour, afterwards your "Size on disk" will be much smaller than "Size", as you can see on my screenshot below:

    https://i.redd.it/78t0atm0ikf21.png

    submitted by /u/scammer69
    [link] [comments]

    Smooth Flying Spino

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 09:24 PM PST

    Aberration is Incredible

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 09:07 PM PST

    I've been playing Ark since it was available in 2015 and I've been purely playing on PVP servers. Unfortunately I was on a break when Aberration came out so I didn't really experience it back then. So trying to stay somewhat competitive I ended up sticking to normal maps like Ragnarok and The Island.

    BUT NOW I've decided to give Aberration a proper shot. Before this I'd never really left the Fertile Zone and always transferred out.

    This map is breathtaking. It's stunning. It's amazing in so many different ways.

    • The visuals are fantastic. I find myself turning the gamma level back to default just to see how beautiful it's meant to be.
    • The level design! Having the green, blue and red zones along with the surface and rock drake trench lets me explore so much at different paces and at different levels of progression.
    • The difficulty feels real again. Other maps almost nothing short of bosses felt difficult. I usually get to feel some semblance of danger whether it's the crabs in the green zone, the jellyfish in the blue zone or literally anything in the red zone. Getting my first Rock Drake egg was a standout experience as well.
    • NO FLYERS! I understand the convenience of flyers but without them the world feels relevant again. No flying over literally any threats and terrain like on other maps. Of course that will change once my Rock Drake grows but it was difficult enough to obtain that it feels like a real reward and it's still not even really flight.
    • I haven't done Rockwell yet but I have an idea of how amazing the fight will be. The lore that leads up to it is excellent as well.

    When Extinction was released I didn't understand why so many people felt SO disappointed. To me the map felt a little unfinished but still kinda cool. Now seeing and experiencing what we had beforehand shows me what all Ark maps should aspire to be. If the next DLC map is anything close to Aberration, then I'm frothing with anticipation.

    submitted by /u/SmiteNZ
    [link] [comments]

    Since the s+ building competition has been extended, couldn't wildcard extend it past release so that console builders can get involved too?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 11:27 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I play Xbox and would love to get involved in the competition however I (maybe wrong) don't believe console players can get involved as the beta is only on PC.

    If that's the case couldn't we petition wildcard on here to open the competition to console players to get involved too?

    submitted by /u/TREEHUGGER_HD
    [link] [comments]

    Argentavis Vs. Alpha T-Rex

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 08:48 PM PST

    New to PC, question about Mods.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 08:07 AM PST

    Hello r/playark

    I've been playing on Xbox for a few years and am now moving over to PC gaming. I'm picking up Ark this weekend and have a mod question.

    I see on server adds, links to Mod lists on steam. Do I have have to install/uninstall mods every time i want to try a new custom server?

    Sorry if the question is newbish, but I don't know anyone who plays Ark on PC to ask :P

    submitted by /u/Silverbak77
    [link] [comments]

    Ragnarok

    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 12:29 AM PST

    I was wondering how people get the gliders in ragnarok I've been playing on a pve prim plus sever and a few People have them and glow tails?

    submitted by /u/Angel_joe
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Yutys are Immune to Mana's freezing

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 05:16 PM PST

    Noticed this a while ago but don't know if ya'll know

    submitted by /u/rororoxor
    [link] [comments]

    cnidaria stuck in my mega (xbox one)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 01:25 PM PST

    hi! I was exploring and I was using the infinitestats cheat to just get a look but there's a cnsidia stuck inside my mega and I can't mount him to use the ghost cheat and there's a lot of dinos I am wanting to tame relatively nearby where I am is there anyway to make the destroy wild dinos cheat only do it within a short range?

    submitted by /u/Jkanjm
    [link] [comments]

    Ark is a steal rn

    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 02:49 AM PST

    Ark is a steal rn

    if any of you guys dont got ark rn and just lurking in this subreddit go ahead get ark right now its even cheaper then what i got for it in 2016

    https://i.redd.it/plzetuxvvif21.png

    https://i.redd.it/6lni6o8lvif21.png

    submitted by /u/QinkyTinky
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to hide electric cables? (xbox one)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 09:07 PM PST

    Hi! I am sorting all my cables out and I am curious is there anyway to hide cables on xbox one? I am sure I remembered seeing a way on PC but not found it on xbox

    submitted by /u/Jkanjm
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Desktop Logo Patched? Are there any new crosshair applications like CDL or Overwolf that aren't patched?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 05:39 PM PST

    Ultra stacks, auto engram and gravestone not working

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 04:24 PM PST

    I have 8 mods on my server they are all being detected by Ark. When I press escape the menu says mod "ultra stacks" (this and auto engram and tomestone are not working) and when I load in it says mods /8. But, when I load in, the engrams are not unlocked and the stacks only go up to 100 instead of 10k. I have tried to switch the order of the mods in the code but no use. The harvest rates work just fine along with the other mods (better reusables, S+, classic flyers, and classic gliders) And I need help, Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ruosboss
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get infinite stats to disable? (Xbox One)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 01:51 PM PST

    Hi! I am on a xbox one private server and I used cheat infinitestats on a megalodon and it worked but now I can't seem to deactivate it? I've tried

    - Logging in and out

    - cheat infinitestats false- restarting my server

    Anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Jkanjm
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think about my Arksona? Her name is Pili Weiss

    Posted: 08 Feb 2019 11:58 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel