• Breaking News

    Monday, April 22, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday


    Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    Mondays are for bug reports.

    Please make any reports of bugs you may find in the game here. Wildcard will be keeping an eye on these threads.

    Information to include:

    Platform

    Server

    What happened when you encountered the bug

    How long has this been happening?


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Builder’s dream

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 11:58 PM PDT

    The bulb dog mystery

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 09:12 AM PDT

    So today I have learned that on official abberation there is a way of getting light pets to tame out at 400+.

    Anyone know how this is achieved?

    submitted by /u/KyAT_CAD
    [link] [comments]

    Boundary instagibbed with two manas

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    Just lost 2 manas on the island when we were hunting for event dinos I knew the possibility existed to be targeted for deletion if you hit the boundary but I was scouting on the ground jumped once and instantly deleted. How is this a thing? I know Wildcard is far too incompetent to restore our manas but they have a few bigger issues on their hands than the ones they are tackling (REEEE VAULT STACKING)

    submitted by /u/Floor-Scrap
    [link] [comments]

    Procrastination

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 02:04 AM PDT

    Excessive dashboarding on Xbox One S

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 07:39 AM PDT

    Too much dashboarding on Xbox One S. The issue is even more prevalent on the original Xbox One, which people do still play on. I'd classify this as a definite game breaker, it's not just a minor inconvenience to have the game randomly dashboard you above the element water on Aberration forcing you to lose weeks of grinding for mats for good haz/weapons/drake/saddle/etc.

    The dashboarding issue seems to happen most often on Aberration and Extinction. Haven't spent much time on other maps lately to see if it happens with the same frequency. Will check with my friend on it.

    if you're coming to clog up comments with pc master race or get a better console please don't waste your time. People out there can't afford it for whatever reason, so this is (another) attempt at making ark better for those consoles

    Dashboarding is a surprisingly common occurrence on my One S, and even worse on my friend's original One. I'm not a game programmer, but it seems like there is a memory leak in one of the process causing an immediate dashboard in a hard-to-replicate situation.

    • frequent dashboarding after teleporting to an area with a large number of structures (>2000) and less than 200 creatures in render

    • completely random dashboarding when standing still in an area with a moderate number of structures <1000 and <100 creatures

    • completely random dashboarding when gliding on rock drake between map segments on aberration

    • completely random dashboarding while flying a wyvern around extinction, possibly due to lag loading map segments

    Sometimes these dashboarding occurrences happen shortly after a long client freeze >10 seconds.

    None of this happens on my One X, leading me to think it could be a low memory issue instead of an actual memory leak

    Here's for my fellow Xbox gamers who might hopefully get better optimization to stop the frequent dashboarding 🍻

    Tldr too much dashboarding on Xbox One S and Xbox One, gamebreaking experience, no real link between all the dashboarding instances.

    submitted by /u/msjs91011
    [link] [comments]

    Starting on a new wipe (unofficial)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    I am curious, what do you guys think is the best way to start a new wipe on an unofficial pvp server. For the record, it's right around 5x gather, 5x xp (I could check, but I know it's close to that).

    I plan on going solo, but can join up with friends for a few days if that will be significantly better. I can play on either rag, center, or ext, but would prefer rag.

    Normally, my first move would be go to edge of redwoods, level up through foundations, then rafts until I can tame a ptera quickly and make a saddle. Then, I go into the wyvern pit try to grab an egg, then hide and hatch it. Then, simply, level, build a small hidden base.

    In the past, I've seen other go try to tame griffins immediately to pvp, since there isn't a huge defense for it early on. I've also seen people tame an equus early to knock people out. Then, some just farm and try to move towards getting a base asap.

    So, I am curious if you guys have any other ideas, know different ways to level quickly early, think another map is significantly better early on etc. If love to hear any ideas!

    submitted by /u/ekwag
    [link] [comments]

    Wildcard, would you mind to add the ice wyvern to the dev kit?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    Classic Flyers mentions they can't/won't add ice wyverns to the mod until they're in the dev kit, so WC,

    would you mind terribly to do so? there's a good handful of people who would greatly appreciate it

    <3

    submitted by /u/Tesseract4D2
    [link] [comments]

    What caves should I hatch and store Therizinos in?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    I've just now learned that you can hatch larger dinos inside some caves to get them inside. I have a decent Therizino line. What caves should I hatch them in? I've read the Island ice cave is one. Are there more on the island?

    submitted by /u/mattjvgc
    [link] [comments]

    Lots and lots of lag

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    So I haven't played in a while so I'm not sure exactly when but I'm assuming it came with the Easter Update. Anyway. I'm getting lots of lag. Everywhere. It starts out okay and slowly gets worse and I'm not sure what to do. I've even deleted all of my files and created new survivors but it just keeps happening. Im on Xbox so I'm guessing the best thing to do is to just wait it out for the next patch.

    submitted by /u/SkinTightOrange
    [link] [comments]

    700 hours played and still have so many questions.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 04:49 AM PDT

    Here is a few.

    1. Never transfered before. I do reside in a cluster of all maps. Can I just transfer my best saddled Dino and start a new base on other maps?

    2. Never fought the bosses. 10 rexes or whatever seems about far for just a boss. Ain't there a quicker way?

    3. Never bred before. Do all eggs need incubating and all that time spent to grow them?

    4. I read about the tek rex. Any other dinos have cool tek armour or do any dinos have any other armour minus saddles.

    5. Guns. Made a few different guns, it's the ammo that's the problem. For how long it takes to make ammo am I best sticking to crossbow?

    6. Caves/volcano/dungeons. On the various maps. How best to handle these?

    7. Fishing. Is it true fishing is good for loot drops if so. What the best bait/method.

    8. The loot crates, no the drops from sky. Are these worth going after, like the cave or underwater cave ones?

    submitted by /u/An4rchy17
    [link] [comments]

    Credit to my friend Troublemaker0707 for drawing my character

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 02:24 PM PDT

    Good Allo Stats?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 12:20 AM PDT

    I'm trying to breed an army of Allos for my Overseer fight on my singleplayer Island playthrough. I seem to be having shite luck with Allos tho. I've tamed 4 (2 135, 2 145) and the highest health I've gotten is 4200. Is this good post tame/Pre breeding or do I need to keep looking?

    I've also got 419 melee, which I feel is pretty good

    submitted by /u/diamondcreeper
    [link] [comments]

    Poor performance/stuttering coupled with texture flickering on the Island map only

    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 12:16 AM PDT

    Recently me and my friends have been playing tons on a 'dedicated' server I have been hosting from my PC on the Aberration map. My performance was great whilst running the server, and I could easily run the game on high settings in 2k resolution whilst running the server. We decided to then switch back to the Island map, hosting it off my PC again. The experience was awful. To start with I noticed really bad texture flickering on the ground, and my game would run *okay* before crashing. It crashed about 4 or 5 times before I decided to try running the game in 'Extremely low memory mode', and I can play now, but every 10 seconds or so I get really bad stuttering. The game will go from 80 down to 10 fps for a few seconds, and it does this all the time. I don't understand why I'm able to run other maps fine, but not the Island. Does anyone know why this might be?

    Any help for this issue is much appreciated,

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ToastV4
    [link] [comments]

    Item Stat Value maximums for unofficial servers

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 07:30 PM PDT

    For those of you do not know, unofficial and single player do not come clamped at the same values as it is on official. The unofficial server I played on discovered this when they added "SupplyCrateLootQualityMultiplier" to the .ini file. I do know know if it possible to generate quality calculations high enough to reach the caps without that additional multiplier being increased. It became further noticeable when they changed crafting speed to crafting skill. I also do not know if this clamp is the same as what is on official mechanically speaking. In the sense that, from my knowledge, you can get loot over item clamp on Official but certain triggers will reset it to the clamp's maximum. I've never seen that happen with the unofficial clamp and it may just be the highest possible number those variables can be set to based off their numerical variable size in Unreal. I do not know for sure though, that is just one of many suspicions I have on its inner workings.

    So I recently got curious recently about what all the different maximum values were. So I replicated some of the settings from our unofficial cluster to my singleplayer and started using the console commands alongside crafting skill to document the Unofficial Maximum Values of various stats of various gear that I considered relevant. So I didn't do it for Stone Picks for example because by the time you would get loot that could hit that (if its even possible without specific settings or overrides) you would move on to Metal Picks which is just strictly speaking better.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zuXnW3IZ6IqDvWD8uXwx9ZfSrDDUEJXtsZpjGmLykHs/edit?usp=sharing

    If you noticed something I missed, please feel free to comment. I'm especially hoping to document all the saddles that aren't capped at the normal value, which seems to be the popular (or once so) turret soaking creatures for PvP which I do not play. If enough of you ask, I will take the extremely small amount of time it takes to add the stone pick and hatchet too!

    submitted by /u/0xlaserlogic
    [link] [comments]

    How do I rotate my dino while painting on ps4

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 11:22 PM PDT

    Credit to my friend Troublemaker0707 for drawing my character

    Posted: 21 Apr 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel