• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 15, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 15 May 2019 06:13 AM PDT

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about Alpha King Titan

    Posted: 15 May 2019 05:03 AM PDT

    Hey Guys.

    Me, my tribe and an allied tribe are about to kill the Alpha King Titan. We already killed Gamma and Beta. We have more than one M.O.M.I. and enough players to control 3 Titans + 3 Mega Meks.

    Question #1: Can we build more than one Mega Mek and how many is the limit?

    Question #2: If we make more than one Mega Mek do we still need the three Titans to defeat the Alpha King Titan?

    Question #3: What is in your experience the best tactic to kill the Alpha King Titan?

    Thanks to anyone who can answer any of those questions. Really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/LoveFromBehind
    [link] [comments]

    Using bug repellent to run through the swamp cave:

    Posted: 15 May 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    Is it possible to suit up with scuba/ghille, lather bug repellent, and run through the swamp cave avoiding and running from to de-aggro most the bugs? Prepping for loot running the cave now by breeding sabers and tons of dimorphs. But it seems like it would be easier to just avoid 90% of the bad dinos.

    [edit]

    Would it be worth it to set up a little shack with storage with scuba/ghille and a big stack of bug repellent so I could just warp in suit up use repellent, grab the loot, and run through later to collect?

    submitted by /u/mattjvgc
    [link] [comments]

    Can you ground the Dragon and Manticore with Velos?

    Posted: 15 May 2019 02:34 AM PDT

    Just a thought. Wiki says yes, but not sure if thats accurate anymore. If you can keep these bosses grounded at all times it would make them way easier, right?

    submitted by /u/Guardianangel93
    [link] [comments]

    @devs, friendly reminder that the right crab hand still drops anything being carried constantly

    Posted: 14 May 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    Basically impossible to use the right crab hand to carry any unridden or ridden tame because the crab drops the tame, causing it to warp directly under the crab's body, which makes the crab unable to walk.

    Can provide video as proof of issue if requested.

    submitted by /u/msjs91011
    [link] [comments]

    Where Went all No mods x5 servers?

    Posted: 15 May 2019 08:31 AM PDT

    Hey! Where are all of Pvp The Island unofficial x5-x10 no mod servers with a lot of players on? I really can't seem to find any. I played at the end of 2017 and there was plenty of them. So if you know a server with those settings please let me know :) I play on PC. Have a good day :)

    submitted by /u/MalteVictorin
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard and mouse support on xbox one?

    Posted: 15 May 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    I think the title explains everything, but if it dosent im asking if we will ever get keyboard and mouse support on ark xbox one?

    submitted by /u/SolidsArk
    [link] [comments]

    My Rex's vs Alpha Center?

    Posted: 15 May 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    19 Rexs

    29-30k health

    600-625 melee

    63-73 armor saddles

    1 yuty.

    I heard the center is easier than the island for alpha fight due to bosses taking 3x dmg and being able to do them 1 at a time.

    Is that true and if so will these Rex's be sufficient to do the center?

    Also are the artifacts and trophies transferable from the island to the center? Or do I have to collect all the tributes on the center?

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Mods

    Posted: 15 May 2019 05:37 AM PDT

    I've pretty much always played on my own private dedicated server with my bf and kid, but we haven't played since Aberration came out.

    Back then, the mods we had were: S+, Advanced Rafts, Randomly Colored Dinos, TekBench, Classic Flyers, and Resource Stacks 2.0

    I've set up our new server using ASM with these mods but as I'm looking through Steam, I'm realizing that most of these mods seem to be abandoned? The Steam workshop is massive though and I'm having trouble navigating it. Does it matter that these mods are abandoned, does anyone know of any replacement mods?

    Also, any other recommendations for mods?

    Editing to add another question:

    Are there any maps that include dinos from all expansions/maps? Is that something I can mod in, or edit in with ASM? I love love love the SE dinos but hate the SE map - would love to see griffins and jerboas and the like in a Center map for example.

    submitted by /u/LadyLoki5
    [link] [comments]

    Singleplayer Resource Respawns

    Posted: 15 May 2019 02:50 AM PDT

    So I have done some reading up and research, and I learned about the singleplayer glitch where if a renewable resource (for example a metal rock) doesn't respawn by the time you log off, it stays permanently destroyed. Since all the posts and info I could find on it where quite old I was wondering if the glitch has been patched or fixed, because after doing some in-game testing I found every metal rock that I destroyed spawned back after I put the resource respawn multiplier on 0.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/ff0204
    [link] [comments]

    New Character for Each Map

    Posted: 14 May 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm getting back into ARK after taking a huge break. I never really got far in the game, but this time I definitely want to.

    So I know that you can ascend from each of the four main maps, but then I realized that after you beat the Island, likely you'll be pretty strong. And even without gear and dinos, do you ever feel a bit OP when you transfer to each new world?

    I'm just curious, because I like the idea of starting from scratch for each world, but I'm not sure if that affects how "ascending" works, or if it messes up the story.

    Essentially I'm asking, in my new playthrough (solo, boosted settings), should i keep the same character through each map? Or should I make a new one for each map?

    And if someone wants to answer, am I able to transfer my character between worlds easily?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Dediop
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone to play PVE with.

    Posted: 14 May 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    Hello! I have posted here before with the same question but when I found someone they ghosted me. I am looking to play ARK with 1-3 other players on a boosted server. I am kinda new so I don't know how to make a server but we could play non-dedicated because my computer can handle it. I love ARK but I find it very unenjoyable when I play it alone. Thank you very much for your consideration!

    submitted by /u/RosieH34
    [link] [comments]

    Very frequent disconnects and desync on Xbox official post-May 14 patch

    Posted: 14 May 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    I run a One X and don't have too many complaints about server stability after all the time I've played. I'm used to how things are and can easily spot an anomaly.

    That said, something is seriously jacked in today's patch on for Xbox officials. My character randomly desyncs from the server (particularly on Aberration, server 745). Happened over half a dozen times in as many hours today. Coming from this never happening pre-patch, something isn't right.

    Disconnect frequency is through the roof too. I've been kicked from whatever server I'm on repeatedly today, post patch. They seem to just freeze long enough for the kick to happen.

    I'm not doing anythig that would trigger the desyncs or disconnects... This latest one happened while I was simply moving inventory around. Others have happened standing still, fast traveling, etc.

    99% of this behavior did not exist before today's patch.

    Again, Xbox officials.

    submitted by /u/msjs91011
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a tribe on Xbox

    Posted: 14 May 2019 07:49 PM PDT

    I'm lvl 104 with some tekgrams. Gamertag is LightningWB. By the way its small tribes.

    submitted by /u/LightningWB
    [link] [comments]

    For those who have have bred Managarmr's, what are the things they require when imprinting? Is there a site that gives you that info?

    Posted: 14 May 2019 07:27 PM PDT

    Curious to know what they require food wise. Thanks

    submitted by /u/PewPewwwwwwwwww_
    [link] [comments]

    FMemoryWriter crash today after the update

    Posted: 14 May 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    Twice now the game has crashed with a new error "FMemoryWriter does not support data larger than 2GB. archive name: None." Game worked fine yesterday and there was an update today. Anyone else getting this?

    Not a huge deal but I lost my fave quetzal that I had transferred to my personal inventory just prior to this last crash. I'll try to load a backup, but it's a pain.

    submitted by /u/XonikzD
    [link] [comments]

    Where is everyone?

    Posted: 14 May 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    I was getting bored of single player, and wanted to go on a server, but i found that there was no one playing. the highest amount of people i saw on a server was 16 people. Is ARK just dead ):

    submitted by /u/Piemaster1515
    [link] [comments]

    How to make world settings presets?

    Posted: 14 May 2019 04:17 PM PDT

    I'am talking about these sliders like player damage or day duration. Can i extract a file or something to save it for later?

    submitted by /u/Piksel207
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel