• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 14, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Unusable oil node on valguero

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    Cave has always been the meta.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    I remember back in legacy raiding ice cave on center. Although we all know people built in the other caves as well.

    Thanfully cave meta has been fixed. You can cryopod your 100k hp turtles at the entrances, and they are reworking the choke points on the bigger caves.

    Lets talk more about how increasing turret dmg out of caves. So people can have outside bases again along with their caves.

    submitted by /u/Mui_gogeta
    [link] [comments]

    Titanosaur saddle suddenly disappeared without a trace... now he's naked

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:09 AM PDT

    Is abberation worth playing?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    I bought the dlc when it launched but got annoyed by the massive creature Spam and never tried it. Are the creatures like drakes still Important in todays meta or should i get extinction?

    submitted by /u/MentorAjani
    [link] [comments]

    A Reminder That Fabs Are Still Fucked Up On PS4

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 09:06 AM PDT

    I don't know if it's intended to have the bullets go through saddle armor too, but they do, and it shreds through soaker HP.

    submitted by /u/calebmock
    [link] [comments]

    Body by Beach Bob

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Primitive plus half the servers were rolled back other half wasn’t

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    This is on Xbox, Ced tweeted Monday it'd be a slow rollback and most servers were rolled back by morning. In our cluster though only 2 servers were rolled back while Aberration and Center remain broke. Brick still doesn't work and we can still get RPGs amongst other official items on those two maps

    submitted by /u/KevinLG1990
    [link] [comments]

    Small tribe Questions

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    If the gathering rates are 3x what are the taming and breeding rates?

    I noticed I couldn't transfer items from a rag server to another rag. Did they block all transferring for small tribe servers?

    submitted by /u/SoikaSauce
    [link] [comments]

    Texture/Lighting bug for Stone structure (Ragnarok)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 10:16 AM PDT

    Texture/Lighting bug for Stone structure (Ragnarok)

    Currently doing a singleplayer game on Ragnarok. I'm setting up my base at Viking's Bay. However, when I placed down my stone buildings, I get this weird visual glitch. I don't know if it's a shadow glitch, texture glitch, or lighting glitch, but I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it.

    I placed some images below to show what I mean. (BTW, it's not caused by the torch)

    https://i.redd.it/xe7b7bc06gg31.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/r38ndcc06gg31.jpg

    submitted by /u/IkeFanboy64
    [link] [comments]

    Solo PvP

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    So I'm starting solo on valguero later. Anybody got any good tips for a solo newb?

    submitted by /u/DiggerNave
    [link] [comments]

    Preparing for rockwell

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    So im preparing for beta rockwell fight, i have never fought rockwell before.

    Does anybody have any suggestions for what to bring, like weapons or dinos?

    I have all the stuff needed to spawn the boss.

    submitted by /u/ilusfarm558
    [link] [comments]

    Can I disable HUD (XBOX ONE SINGLEPLAYER)?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    Not just floating names, I mean hiding the entire HUD. Every answer I find is for PC and the last one I found for Xbox One that said no was from a years back so I don't know if it's still true. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hyperphonics
    [link] [comments]

    Argy taming effectiveness

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 04:13 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, just a quick question because I cant seem to figure it out. When I go to knockout an argy, dododex says it takes 5 headshots with a crossbow and tranq arrows to knock it out but I've shot it more than that and it's still awake. And then when it eventually passes out it has no taming effectiveness and I use prime meat whenever I can.

    So basically what I'm asking is how to do I get the taming effectiveness for the argy to be at 90%+?

    (Would starve taming cause the taming effectiveness to not work?)

    submitted by /u/BrotherTheresa1
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to build in Beaver Fall Cave

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    Does anyone have any tips for building in here as a solo player? I've cooked up some ideas but I'm not sure how it's going to hold up in a raid defense. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Pyyrhus
    [link] [comments]

    Wyvern painting?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:01 AM PDT

    Can anyone else not paint their wyverns on valguero or am I trippin hard right now?

    submitted by /u/khakiisrl
    [link] [comments]

    can you change rates on non dedicateds?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 02:34 AM PDT

    title.

    cant connect to dedicated bc mods timing us out but dont want official rates

    submitted by /u/HanzoOneTrick
    [link] [comments]

    what makes a good base location in the current meta

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:21 PM PDT

    ive always assumed any high cliff or secluded island that you can occupy in its entirety is what makes a good base location. but with turret limits and cryopods, this has mostlikely changed since i last played. ive also been told caves are bad cuz of the x6 damage to structures in caves. so whats the best location? why are people now telling me that theres no good location in the island anymore?

    submitted by /u/NexGenration
    [link] [comments]

    Collaborative Google Map like Ark War map

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    Collaborative Google Map like Ark War map

    Hi guys, I have been working on a collaborative map for ARK the Island where you can see other users mouse on the map, add markers and polygons and also access all resources and information with their exact GPS location.

    Looking for early users to try it out and let me know what they think, I have been using it with my tribe and helps a lot. Rember its a BETA, if you would like to test it out with your tribe, I can send you your own map instance. All I want in return is constructive feedback.

    PM me if interested...

    https://i.redd.it/c3tlc2shr9g31.png

    submitted by /u/ywadi
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone found Glowtail on Valguero? (Console / Official)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 12:31 AM PDT

    I know Glowtails are supposed to spawn in the radiation zone on Valguero but I've cleared it over and over again and haven't found any. Do they spawn on console official?

    submitted by /u/Not_TheFace
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice on Deinonychus

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get my head around breeding for mutation. What stats should I go for them as priority? And does levelling them up help at all or should I just breed them unleveled?

    submitted by /u/Daarthfox
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever found a clever way to build over this death pit? It's in Church Cave on SE, at the very back.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    Add an Aberration and Extinction version of the Dodo Rex for Fear Evolved 4

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    If you could choose an Aberration and Extinction creature to be dodo-ized, what would it be and how would you find it given daytime works differently on those maps?

    Also, what cool skins would you add for each?

    I'd love a DodoDrake that gives you Zombie Mask skin and maybe a Shattered Crown skin (aberrant crown).

    As for Extinction I'd have the DodoEnforcer that is a TEK version of the DodoRex that requires you to use Titans to take down. Apparently there are some skins that were voted on and never put in...I feel this is the perfect place to insert them.

    What are your ideas?

    submitted by /u/diamondcreeper
    [link] [comments]

    Imprint/Maturation timers (I'm sorry its been asked a million times) just looking for some fresh advice

    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    So my roommates and I just got our own dedicated server. We mostly play in a group of 3. I just need a little advice, and see what people think.

    What do you have your maturation/Imprint settings at to get the most chance for 100% imprint?

    Currently the top 4 dinos we raise are: Rex, Argentavis, Wyvern, and Deinonychus, but I'm also looking for setup with as close to 100% as I can get in as many dinos as possible (I know official settings are the only way to get it perfect, we just don't have enough people or time to run official settings)

    submitted by /u/DauntlessOp13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel