• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 28, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Icthy pack.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 06:16 PM PDT

    Season 1

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 05:47 AM PDT

    I just want to clarify some things in Season 1 of Ark genesis there will be a new release of some new creatures right or?

    submitted by /u/Oliverthemedjay
    [link] [comments]

    A question on how transferring works.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    I know that transfers into valguero aren't open yet, but I had a specific question that I have been unable to find an answer to.

    Can Survivors transfer to/from Valguero?

    My reason for asking is that I want to learn the Dino Leash from extinction if possible.

    submitted by /u/angelis0236
    [link] [comments]

    Allo buff with 2 Allos

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 04:48 AM PDT

    I tamed 1 male and 1 female Allo. The higher level male has constant Alpha buff when near the female, even though it's only the 2 of them. Perhaps wild enemy Allos also count, and I didn't notice one nearby? Or did they change the required number from 3 to 2? Or it's just a bug?

    submitted by /u/kittyjoker
    [link] [comments]

    Switching From Map To Map When Using ASM?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 06:31 AM PDT

    People have been recommending that I use ASM, but I have been reluctant to do so. I am trying to emulate a particular Youtuber's season of Ark and it requires going back and forth from map to map at times and since he is using singleplayer from his client, it's not very difficult to do.

    With ASM it seems much harder to do. I know the basic principles of doing it, but I am not sure on one or two things.

    When going from map to map through ASM, does each map have to have it's on query and port set in the ASM client and do I have to port forward in both my router and firewall?

    I am unable to port forward my router because the internet I use is an apartment managed internet. While it's blazingly fast, I have no access to the router. I called the ISP to get access to the router and they will not allow me access. When I asked them to port forward, it seems they are unable to do so. So, port forwarding my router is a no go. My firewall is a piece of cake.

    submitted by /u/lonegreywolf20
    [link] [comments]

    Why I think Cryopod QoL breaks things

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    I'm still a relatively new player, doing a self-hosted dedicated server with only a few major adjustments from official (taming/maturing speeds to no more than a few hours, xp and harvesting up just a bit, but no SP setting, stat changes, resistance modifications or so on). Things are hard. I still haven't even done a gamma boss yet, so I've still got a ways to go (and many rexes to breed) to get to real "endgame."

    The recent change to make cryopods and cryofridges available from supply drops is very fun. Having never touched Tek tier, it's redefining to have near-weightless pokeballs at your disposal; I don't have to think about how I'm going to get the mammoth back to my base when I don't have a quetz yet, I can bring along an extra flyer if I fall down into a hole somewhere, I can keep a situational harvester available on demand, and so much more. They're so versatile and convenient that they quickly became central to my play style.

    But there's the problem, too. That convenience breaks some things that are meant to be inconvenient. I'm on Ragnarok and just did a full run of the ice dungeon for the first time. From watching YouTube videos, this is supposed to be pretty tough: gotta stay warm but also well-armored, need to be quick with a high quality shield or shotgun, and have to either work together or use some pretty exotic workarounds with in-cave allo packs or grappling hook gymnastics to handle the queen.

    Not so with my newfangled pokeballs.

    • Landed my wyvern at the entrance, then pokeballed it. Walk inside, pop out a pteranodon, fly over the cave-boosted bears to collect the entrance loot, then head to the prone chokepoint. Recall the pteranodon.

    • Crawl inside, pop out a first-generation imprinted bear with 30-something wild health and melee (nothing spectacular). Alternate attacks drop the worms in 4 attacks, falling to three as it levels. Even an engram saddle blocks enough to heal up between without issue. Plow through, grabbing some red drops on the way, then reach the waterfall. You hear something up ahead! ...Bear, back into your ball.

    • Jump down, calculating challengers... Rex, I guess I choose you. Similarly unspectacular first-generation imprint with only a brief spino massacre for levels. Not even a contest: the queen gets the rex down to a little under half with an apprentice saddle. It might have been close with engram, but then keeping the bear out for damage would have made up for it. Hooray, the queen is dead! Rex, your duty done, go take a break in your Cryopod.

    • Bring the bear back out, dash around to collect all the loot, grab the artifact, then jump down out the exit. Whoa, it's so far away!

    • ... So it's a good thing we can bring the wyvern back out, who also has enough weight capacity to haul all the loot.

    All in all, I'm pretty sure that my use of cryopods completely trivialized what was supposed to be a really significant challenge. The queen fight was fast enough that I didn't even need good insulation to survive the chamber; with a stack of health potions, you could likely do a whole run naked.

    Which, really, I think is completely OK with what it used to take to get them. You already got through all the gated challenges to kill a boss, so getting a fast-forward button to skip ahead as you rinse and repeat while climbing difficulties is totally reasonable. But without having that challenge at least the first time, the accomplishment is kinda hollow. Great, I did what any Bob who can harvest some honey, tame a couple of 120+ bears, and reach level 53 can do.

    Now, I know that you can "just choose not to use them." You can choose to only use cloth equipment, too, or make your max level 10. Artificial capping is not a substitute for tuned mainline game mechanics, and asking players to opt out or "just look away" to preserve part of the game loop isn't right.

    Alright, long whine, but so what? Should we put cryopods back to post-boss only? I don't know; although those other challenges like figuring out how to get my mammoth back did introduce some extra depth to the game, I can agree that QoLing past that leaves plenty to still do. Instead, maybe we keep it as is, but restrict Cryopod use in certain areas (like the caves with obvious dismount chokepoints) until after you'd have normally unlocked the pod.

    Even better, maybe we go a little bit of both. Make a "basic Cryopod" (or "flawed," or "prototype," "ramshackle," whatever) available earlier on, but restrict it: either make it single/limited use, make the spoil short with no recharge, force a short cryo sickness every time, whatever; tons of options here. Then keep the deliciously amazing pokeball right where it was. That way, you still get nice QoL improvements with the restricted Cryopod, but you can't completely cheese the game without either a lot of work ("earning" it) or getting through the initial gates.

    But I'm curious what everyone thinks. I don't see a lot of worry from the community on the change, but I'm convinced that this screws up the new(er) player progression badly. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Nyrin
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t access this drop. I’ve tried so hard but the drop won’t comply. I wanted loot but got a big slap in the face from wildcard.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2019 07:44 AM PDT

    Anyone know how to fix this?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    Anyone know how to fix this?

    Ok, so everytime I download an update for Ark, it downloads the (usually) 300MB of data, and then just stops, like, it does nothing, the estimated completion time goes to 0 for a few minutes, and then randomly it jumps up to ~25 hours, and then goes all over the place.

    Why does it take 18 minutes for it to download nothing

    If anyone has had this problem and has found a fix, can you please tell me, they do these minor updates and it completely stuffs up my plans to get on.

    submitted by /u/StillHereStillQueer
    [link] [comments]

    Phiomia help

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    I cannot find a phiomia, i search my beaches, but no luck. im on ragnarok, and i spawned in the top left zone.

    Thanks, Maudjin

    submitted by /u/Onidanku
    [link] [comments]

    Valguero: Allowed creatures and players failed to teleport into boss arena

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    Hey everyone.

    A friend and I just tried the first (easy) boss arena on Valguero.

    We had 18 rexes and 2 yuti's all sitting in a circle on the green obi platform.
    When the teleport happened, my character, my yuti and 3 of the rexes did not teleport into the arena, leaving my friend alone to be butchered. So many hours of prep time down the drain.

    Does anyone know of a bug on Valguero or in general with causes creatures and players not being teleported into a boss arena? And any way around it/to fix or avoid it?

    submitted by /u/F6Knight
    [link] [comments]

    �� ARK VALGUERO TEMPLE CAVE - Ravagers Revenge!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 05:56 PM PDT

    Crafting Skill on Gacha's(primarily El Dust ones) question.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    Is the crafting Skill still recommended to level up on Element dust Gacha's? Or no? I've heard that you don't as you mostly just want the resource crystals and not so much the item crystals?

    I started cloning the gacha as well. Awesome little thing.

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal new trailer (Looks like someone is playing hardcore mode with Boosted Taming)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 01:23 PM PDT

    Fastest way to get silica pearls on ragnarok

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    Does UnOfficial have Decay Timers?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 12:42 PM PDT

    I know structures on official have decay timers. Is there a computer version of multiplayer that does not have decay timers?

    submitted by /u/Joelenne88wakfu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel