• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved *Angry beach bob noises

    ARK: Survival Evolved *Angry beach bob noises


    *Angry beach bob noises

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:48 AM PDT

    This about sums up my Ark life right now

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:35 PM PDT

    Colorblind Options

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:56 AM PDT

    Colorblind Options

    I'm not entirely sure if Wildcard reads the Reddit threads here, but I'd like to hope so.

    I'd like to mention that color blind users are still waiting on options for their respective types to be supported.

    This isn't something that should have to be added by a mod and many devs (Indie & AAA) have already started picking up the slack for this issue.

    Adding support for this can be as simple as a HUD color swap with drop down listings in the options and some imagery displayed to the right for clarification.

    Here are just a few examples of games and how they do it currently:

    Ghost Recon Breakpoint: (albeit a bit of a letdown otherwise, but great effort from the devs here)

    Default Colors

    Deuteranopia

    Tritanopia

    Destiny:

    https://i.redd.it/gj8ugb8svpt31.png

    Fortnite:

    https://i.redd.it/6ozpnyabwpt31.png

    There are many others, but I don't have every game installed that I know I've seen this extensive style of options on. This is just to name a few of the more popular or recent releases that have done it correctly and efficiently. Overwatch was left out because iirc people (friends included) have complained that their color palette choice appears to be a straight mockery of actual adjustments color blind users would need to enjoy the game properly.

    Now, I'm not entirely sure how easy it'd be to do something like this in their own engine, but I do know that Unity has a free asset now for developers that applies a filter right on the camera for hassle free adjustment. It was mentioned here 2 years ago:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/6qvh3p/my_colorblind_vision_effect_is_now_free_on_asset/

    To end my rant, here's a quick < 5 min mockup of a simple, but effective UI inclusion of color blind options:

    https://i.redd.it/tbxfchb28qt31.png

    TL;DR:

    Color blind users still have zero support on this game and are often forced to use mods to gain any form of adjustment needed to fully enjoy the game. Wildcard should really get on this now as it's becoming a frequent addition in development.

    submitted by /u/itsBorked
    [link] [comments]

    Best settings for breeding on single player?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:08 PM PDT

    Hello I found a lot of settings but they were mostly 1-2 years old and I am looking for any current.

    I play on valguero and would like to reduce the time so it will be faster...I don't want to spend whole day breeding one dino tbh...I would like some settings with which I can get wyverns to 100% for example...or do wyverns need different settings than for example argent or rex?

    Thanks for tips.

    submitted by /u/Rauzje
    [link] [comments]

    Clanmate's Owl was a little bugged last night...

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    Returning, kinda

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Due to some potential upcoming surgeries (nothing serious or life threatening, just 3 months leave-worthy), i'm going to have enough time to come back in and start breeding for muts. I like the look of the deinonychus, and want to see what i can do with them.

    My question to you all is this:

    Is it better to start with low levels (lvl 30 for dein i believe) and control which stats get upgraded from the ground up, or to just hatch lvl 120+ eggs until i find a "close enough" breeding pair to start from?

    submitted by /u/Nytherion
    [link] [comments]

    Can I deploy my Phoenix on Aberration?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    I'm moving through Campaign Mode and have been on Aberration long enough to be focused on breeding for Rockwell. I've found that the Phoenix is an excellent way to clean up corpses and provide cooked meat. But, it qualifies as a flyer, right? And with the exception of the Snow Owl, no flyers can be deployed on Aberration. So is it possible to uncryopod it on Aberration?

    Also, and I'm pretty sure this is a yes, can I deploy it on Extinction or the Island?

    submitted by /u/diamondcreeper
    [link] [comments]

    Courtesy warning to all ark/community admins out there

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:42 AM PDT

    A new owner is joining discords, poaching players and fabricating pictures and lies about your current communities. We all know the struggles of growing, and keeping, an ark community alive. One small lie and it could all go away. I share this, because I myself as an owner know the pains of growing something you are proud of. Please message me so I can warn you of this poacher, her server only went live on the 19th of October, and has already poached 8 communities I know of and has the admin discord (about 10 of us from different servers) warning everybody. Good luck to you all.

    submitted by /u/Gurlygirl28
    [link] [comments]

    Good mods to have on single player? And some questions from new player.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:55 AM PDT

    Hello I am kinda new ark player and I love playing ark. I started new game on Valguero and I am having a blast.

    I have some questions so I hope you can aswer some of them.

    1. Are there any good mods for single player? I mean I hate jellyfish stun because it can kill high level of shark without the shark doing anything is there anything to nerf jellyfish to not be deadly + I hate gigantosaurus because they are way OP. I am okay with them being best but killing my whole pack of rexes is just terrible...I would take like 30k hp for them and no the % hp based debuff is there a way?
    2. Other mods that you can't live without? Right now I just have the vanilla ark without anything added. I saw some building mods etc...will this mess my already run game or it will just add and work right away.
    3. How to tame griffon on the valguero or other cool dinos? I know there is mod that will add griffon spawn locations but you won't have saddle so you will have to do some changes in the documents to auto learn all of the saddles and Idon't want that. I saw some youtuber run to other maps and taming dinos there and than teleporting them to his map with some kind of obelisk or smth?
    4. How should I set up my breed and egg stuff? I would love to tame wyvern in the future or breed other dinos but with the vanilla settings it will take ages...I want something faster that will make me be able to get 100% imprint!

    Thanks for any additional tips and good hunting!

    submitted by /u/Rauzje
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone playing on Switch?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:59 AM PDT

    I have this for my switch for on the go play. Is anyone interested in playing with me? Looking for friends. I'm going to be buying this for pc as well, just need to update my ssd to actually hold on the games I have as I am almost out of space.

    submitted by /u/Obadiah1991
    [link] [comments]

    Exposing Youtuber HotrodSlick | Duped Meks, Meshing and & clustering, oh my!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:02 AM PDT

    Anyone getting an abnormally large amount of crashes lately?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    Here is what I have been experiencing since the Genesis patch last week:

    1. Switching servers in a cluster multiple times results in random crashes where the game simply closes without error.
    2. Being in the center randomly everything goes black (except the water)
    3. Randomly when opening Ark and going to the server list, gets fatal errors. Sometimes 3 in a row before it loads without crashing.

    Anyone else getting a LOT more errors since last week's patch?

    submitted by /u/Jamdawg
    [link] [comments]

    The main title music

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    The music makes me sweat profusely and is so intense sometimes I actually get nose bleeds.

    Plz hlp!

    submitted by /u/ziron999
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player suggestions?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    Haven't played since early development. Had a blast back then and thinking of picking it back up casually with a friend. Not interested in pvp but would like to still have to build some sort of defense. Has pve gotten more dangerous over the last few years? Should I stick with the island or play one of the new maps? Can I get by without the new DLCs?

    submitted by /u/kmaho
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel