• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday


    Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:33 AM PST

    Mondays are for bug reports.

    Please make any reports of bugs you may find in the game here. Wildcard will be keeping an eye on these threads.

    Information to include:

    Platform

    Server

    What happened when you encountered the bug

    How long has this been happening?


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Snowball Effect

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:23 PM PST

    It's no secret that when one thing goes wrong in ARK, there's often a domino effect that means many other things will then go wrong too. But sometimes it just feels like there's a bad luck cloud billowing overhead that only gains strength as more bad things happen.

    1. My dad came home very angry from work, and decided everyone else had to be miserable as well. I was in the middle of trying to tame some anglerfish in Aberration, because while my farming of just about all other mats was going well, I was hurting bad for electronics. My Rock Drake had got caught by some Cnidaria and a few Electrophorus decided to join the party. I had killed the Cnidaria and was trying to get on his back to get him away from the Electros, but my father started screaming and cussing for me to get off the computer (I guess to listen to him yell? Cause...he didn't really want me to do anything...? Also I'm nineteen and am visiting and don't really live here but that's all besides the point, sure) so I had to just kind of sit by and listen to the Rock Drake die.
    2. I remember that we tamed a crappy angler AGES ago, and it is buried in cryfridges in an old tribe... so a former tribemate brings me that one. Attempting to toss a karkinos out of cryo into the shallow water at the edge of my base (Idk, that just so happens to be where I chose to throw it out), I toss the angler in. The electrophorus smell the weakness in the air and descend like the dogs of hell upon the poor defenseless angler. It is dead in seconds, before I even am able to walk to where it's at in the shallow water.
    3. I am gifted a Rock Drake that someone didn't care about! And I had saved my good saddle off my old Drake! Things are looking up again! What's that? My finger twitched and I accidentally released it next to a rock elemental trying to transfer out of SE, while I had the cryo cooldown debuff? Three or four hits later from this level 60 rock elemental and it's dead. I didn't have any other tames within reach to even attempt to save it, and while the rock ele started following me, its knockback threw me so far away it lost interest and went back to smacking the drake.
    4. So screw it, I finally cave and grab my very good Rock Drake I had really wanted to avoid using as an everyday mount to use until I can hatch some more eggs. And I am told there's a very gentle spot to tame anglers at in the aberrant caves of Valguero, as the water's very shallow and calm. So I visit there! And I realize the tribe I'm in still bears an old name, as I've since left the tribe name it resembles, but I was the only one to ever come to Valguero from that tribe. I don't really have a name in mind but don't want it to be the old tribe name, so I attempt to change the name and was just gonna click "Accept" on the 'Tribe of....' name. ........ Turns out, I hit leave tribe! So now my Rock Drake and freshly tamed Angler are chilling without any way to retrieve them. I sent in a ticket, and I was the only person in that tribe, so I really hope they're able to get them back to me but that takes time and ughh.

    None of this is ARK's fault, this is all just a horrible string of bad luck and bad thinking on my part. But I feel like ARK and I need to see other people for about a week, at least, I can't take anymore shitty mishaps lol I'll just play something else until the ticket gets a response or until I believe my tames might start starving back at my main map.

    submitted by /u/Silfurgames
    [link] [comments]

    Corrupted dinos not spawing

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:14 PM PST

    So i finally started playing extinction recently, but after the newest patch, it seems corrupted dinos and OSD's havent been spawning at all, ive wiped the map of all wild dinos and they still arent spawning?

    submitted by /u/Sir_Stapes
    [link] [comments]

    despite the bad, i have to give praise for the good

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:20 AM PST

    wildcard isn't perfect. honestly i wouldn't say that any modern game dev is. not even Wube software after how they handled the oil changes in factorio. however, i do have to give praise to wildcard for one thing:

    THERE'S NO GOD DAMN MICROTRANSACTIONS!

    you could argue all day long about paid dlc making the game pay to win, but i would argue that what you get from this dlc is well worth the price tag and theyve had a habit of just releasing that stuff later on free maps anyways. plus all you need is one tribe mate with the dlc and they can bring you over all the shiny new toys, or you could find someone in a tribe whos friendly with you who is willing to get you some stuff for a price, or even for free if you're realy close and they're just a nice guy. and even further, open transfers are usually disabled on new maps for quite some time.

    i am perfectly fine with all of this personally. but the day wildcard starts implementing the ability to buy items/dinos that actually affect gameplay is the day i put this game down for good (at least on official). sure you have that on mobile, but thats a separate game and doesnt affect the base game.

    i could kind of maybe turn a blind eye if they allow you to pay for skins, but only if you get to choose the skin you want and its not some bs system where you buy their ingame currency thats needed to buy the skins and you can only buy in chunks that'll always leave you with some extra left over effectively wasting your irl cash. but even then, such MTX would make me very concerned about the game's future, as this is almost always a very slippery slope.

    personally i think that in a world where every game dev on the face of the planet wants nothing but MTX plastered all over their games, the fact that wildcard hasnt done this in the base game deserves an applause. but maybe im just being a bit of a fanboy. so what do you guys think on this?

    submitted by /u/NexGenration
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best hidden spot on valguero?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:06 AM PST

    We play small tribes and we're curious if there's any good hidden locations outside of Aberation zone. Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/TankPlays
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Microraptors

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:15 AM PST

    Does putting points into movement speed actually hurt them in PvP? Because I feel like if I use a faster Microraptor it will overshoot the enemy player and fly around them rather than actually stunning them off the mount as I intend to. Does anyone know what I should be putting points into, and does movement speed make it less likely for the Microraptor to land his stun or does it make it easier?

    submitted by /u/flppyflip3
    [link] [comments]

    The Wizard on Center 57 | TPG | ARK OFFICIAL PVP | R57

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:10 AM PST

    Scorched earth ascend to aberration

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Is the ascend done cause I can't transfer items or myself from scorched earth to aberration lmk ASAP before making a new character

    submitted by /u/speedyjrgun4
    [link] [comments]

    Constant whistling on Windows 10 Ark

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:35 PM PST

    I logged in today after awhile away and everytime im near any tribe tams or building i my character constantly whistles. I have tried unbinding all whistles, restarting the game, my PC and nothing. Anyone have a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/StarKiller0012
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if 2x taming ends mid tame?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:00 AM PST

    I think this just happened to me and its honestly annoying if that's the case.

    My pteranodon was at 91% then when I came back with the last prime meat I needed it was at 56%.

    WTF

    submitted by /u/ashprime5436
    [link] [comments]

    Reaper not gaining pre birth xp?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I have two alliance members who got a baby from a 145 reaper queen and when they were killing stuff no xp was added to the baby. and the babies came out 145 despite the fact they killed things. Is this a new glitch?

    submitted by /u/JuppyGuppy
    [link] [comments]

    Changing what appears in tribe log?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:34 PM PST

    Is there a setting or server variable or something to change what events are and arent recorded in the tribe log? My tribe makes heavy use of cryopods and the "[Member] froze [creature]" messages are kinda clogging up the tribe log

    submitted by /u/DDDragoni
    [link] [comments]

    GENISIS RELEASE DATE?????

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:58 AM PST

    Its almost Middle of january

    Genisis should release by december 2019 and yet we still dont have a date

    I bet they delay it again for another month or 2

    Also just downgrade all meks to primitiv just like you did with Rocket launchers Back in legacy. While you at it

    submitted by /u/hasefanatiker
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me with this happens when i subscribe to EcoTrees mod

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:23 PM PST

    On ps4 official pve

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:36 PM PST

    We were offline, none of our members were online... And everything was killed our base was attacked by a wild corrupted giga... Which was odd since we were in the sunken forest at the bottom, thought it was just getting arked when someone mentioned that someone was kiting dinos to peoples bases... So started looking and sure enough the wild giga only destroyed our cryo fridges And fridges , so I started looking I went to all the terminals and all of a sudden there at one in the city, was our carbonemys that had been cryo prodded... So I went to the terminal and low and behold the idiots had literally left a bunch of our kibble that they couldn't transport in the terminal... Like is there anyway to get to wild card and like ask them to roll back the server or like replace our crap? I'm talking 100% gigas. Reapers, Phoenix, tsuos, Rex, mosas ect.

    submitted by /u/Apnp_apnu
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a ragnarok boosted modded drop code?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:36 PM PST

    Hard to explain question about uploading items single player

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:35 PM PST

    Ok so I'll try to explain this best I can, I was playing prim plus single player and I uploaded 50 items into the obelisk, I then was playing on the normal version of ark single player and I was able to take out a few items that were uploaded from prim plus, I then went back to prim plus to take the rest of the stuff back out of upload but nothing was showing up but it still says 34/50 and I can only upload 16 items now and then it says the upload is full, is there a way to clear everything out of the upload or make the other things show up so I can take them out, sorry if this wasn't explained very well

    submitted by /u/Gerryboi97
    [link] [comments]

    Still Recruiting For Small Tribes, Official, PVP, PC!!

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

    Hit me up on Discord if you are interested!
    I will be starting a new season on Twitch as a new Streamer!

    Check out my Reddit feed and you can see more information about it!
    Alternatively, you can add me on discord!

    CanadianYoomer#1995

    submitted by /u/CanadianYoomer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel