• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 10, 2020

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Welcome to Storytime Tuesday!

    Tales from the ARK can be wild, hilarious, and/or downright captivating. Consider this thread an open invitation for you to to tell us some tales of survival, tribal warfare, epic taming, thrilling exploration, etc.


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It happened again...

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    I hate it when little kids scream into the mic

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    I drew my brother and I playing Ark

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    The Lunar biome has a single variant, the X-Sabertooth Salmon

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    Rip Little Bruce (Middle) your brothers will carry on on your name.... DARNNNN YOU MAGMA LIZARDS

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    Bloodstalkers are literally the most fun tame to ever exist in ARK

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Tamed a Quetz on Singleplayer Mobile

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Hey Reddit,

    Last week I tamed my first Quetz in Ark, after a year and a half of first starting. For all those in single player, it's pretty simple if you have a bunch of tranq darts, an ascendant longneck rifle and a tapejara (try to use a very low level with no levels in movement speed. Also keep a bunch of stone foundations and walls to protect your tame (my Quetz landed in the swamp so...). I also kibble tamed it, so it was much faster than expected.

    The Quetz was a level 90 and ill try to find a picture of all the stats so stay posted!

    submitted by /u/vietnam_flash_backs
    [link] [comments]

    They be dancing

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    Made a meme to celebrate getting my first rock drake today

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Sad the space whale is not breedable

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    That's all folks, hopefully that changes

    submitted by /u/MrDolphin001
    [link] [comments]

    Baby dinos :)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Tribe taming while offline

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    So last week, I jumped back onto an official server (one of the cluster ones) and leveled up and tamed me an okay raptor. I then needed to leave, so I stuffed us both in a corner and logged out. Shockingly, we didn't immediately die there and I checked on it a few times throughout my work week.

    This morning, I logged in to find that had been "killed" -- though, not by any player. My raptor had also been "killed." Fair enough, I was kind of shocked it lasted that long.

    But then I noticed something else --

    1 - Last night, my raptor stopped following me and decided to go on an adventure and destroyed some structures owned by [][]. Okay, there's explanations for that, like someone put up some thatch walls to hide behind when they bit off more than they could chew.

    2 - The raptor, some time later, was "killed." I assume this meant he drowned in the ocean. Fair enough.

    3 - Where it starts getting weird. After my raptor died, I ...tamed?... another raptor, much lower level.

    4 - The shiny, brand new tamed raptor insta-killed some player.

    5 - The player then killed the newly tamed raptor.

    I am SOLO, and have not been on all week except to log in, look at the raptor, and log back out.

    So, is there is a bug where tribe logs are getting mixed together? Or did the new raptor just decide it didn't like the player that was taming it and wanted to avenge me instead?

    EDIT:

    More Tribe Log Fun: Apparently, I also deconstructed a ton of structures. Like, a page and a half worth.

    Which is interesting, because I only built 1 thatch foundation and 1 mortar and pestle. I didn't even have a base, that's why we were hiding behind a rock in the first place.

    submitted by /u/techleopard
    [link] [comments]

    It was horible

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    Do we have definitive proof of tamed x-Variants being the same as other dinos?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    I swear as im doing genesis missions, my bred 145/150 rexes with ~700% melee are dealing more damage and taking less damage than my 800% tek rexes. Yet everyone is stating xvariants post tame have no advantage?

    I can do say, cheaper by the pack against brute/x enemies and the x rexes will take ~2k damage over the fight, while the 800% tek rexes take ~7k damage and take longer to kill.

    But I can't actually find any proof one way or the other. Is tek rexes base higher level still better than lower level new x-rexes? Is there any way to actually prove this? If they are going to take 3x as much to knock out..resources..they have to be better right?

    submitted by /u/Rydisx
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain the obelisk transfer situation?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Okay, so I'm new, and recently went over to an obelisk. As a learning exercise, I transferred servers. I did a bit of reading, and thought I figured out that I had to "transfer data" on items I wanted to come with me. I did that, and proceeded. When I came to on the new island, I only had the items that were on my person when ported.

    Can someone explain this please? What can go through with you? What's the purpose of doing data transfer on items? Where do they go?

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/geekz3r0
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain the obelisk transfer situation?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Okay, so I'm new, and recently went over to an obelisk. As a learning exercise, I transferred servers. I did a bit of reading, and thought I figured out that I had to "transfer data" on items I wanted to come with me. I did that, and proceeded. When I came to on the new island, I only had the items that were on my person when ported.

    Can someone explain this please? What can go through with you? What's the purpose of doing data transfer on items? Where do they go?

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/geekz3r0
    [link] [comments]

    HOW TO FIND CHITIN ON ARK GENESIS: Along Came Pollen (2020)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Any info when the newest patch will come to Xbox?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Tier 3 loot crates still cist 45,000 and do kot give tek replicators.

    submitted by /u/RedditSucksDick9000
    [link] [comments]

    Good sap source in Genesis?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Has anyone been able to find a place where you can use a tap to collect tree sap in genesis? I am only seeing places for cactus sap.

    submitted by /u/D14712
    [link] [comments]

    How do I keep a Megalodon safe?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    I am in kind of a fishy situation.

    I am currently in the progress of building a giant water dino pen.For Ichtys and Mantas i am going to use dino gates and small pens with a size of 2 by 2 or something like that. I am also building a big pen using behemoth gates for future big dinos like a plesiosaur.

    However Megalodons don't fit through a normal dino gate and they are so small, that I dont really want to build a behemoth gate to store one or two Megalodons.

    How do you store your Megalodons and keep them safe from other dinos.

    I am playing in singleplayer, so I don't fear other players breaking in.

    Thanks in advance for your advice!

    submitted by /u/YumYumFisch
    [link] [comments]

    Longneck rifle and hitboxs

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    1. Is the rifle hitscan with normal bullets?
    2. Is the rifle hitscan with tranq bullets?
    3. Can you "headshot" all Dino's?
    4. Is there a way to see hitboxes of Dino's, like a collision box wire mesh viewer? I noticed that a pterrdon head is actually it's neck for instance?
    submitted by /u/belven000
    [link] [comments]

    PC, Official, PVE

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Looking to do some trading (NOT sure if this is okay on here, but thought i'd give it a try. Looking for Thyla, Argy and specifically Mutated Brontos, message me for details. :)

    submitted by /u/thesubjectofquestion
    [link] [comments]

    A taming rant. Always be aware.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Taming a parasaur as a pack animal when all of a sudden a 140 ptera lands in front of me. Beautiful, I want it. Start the very long tame with raw meat. Parasaur finishes and as I'm figuring out where to get some prime meat, a 90 ptera lands. LIT, ITS MINE NOW TOO. I start that tame, and decide to run off and get a sickle to get some prime fish and speed it up. Gathering narcoberries along the way as I had no narc on me. I do that, get them up to about 70%, and notice 2 diplodocus, finally some prime meat. Kill them, get some prime on the pteras. The 140 is at about 85% when a FUCKING level 10 meganura starts hitting it. RIP my already shit effectiveness. Kill the bug. Both pteras are at 90%, and my parasaur is loaded with extra weight from all the berries I had to gather. I open my inventory to dump the extra berries and a carno starts smacking my 140. I kill it, notice my tame effectiveness is 20%, and then I noticed.... the carno came from the same direction as the 90 ptera. Turn around and see an empty space of jungle floor. Always be aware.

    submitted by /u/CallMeTheDumpMan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel