• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 05:33 AM PST

    Welcome to Storytime Tuesday!

    Tales from the ARK can be wild, hilarious, and/or downright captivating. Consider this thread an open invitation for you to to tell us some tales of survival, tribal warfare, epic taming, thrilling exploration, etc.


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Sneak peek of Dododex's upcoming KO features: X-Creatures, Seconds Between Hits, Hits Until Flee, Headshot Chance of Death

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:33 AM PST

    Why did this happen to me.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:37 PM PST

    I made a scorpion to demonstrate the power of procedural animation in games

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:10 AM PST

    It is current year my dudes.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:05 AM PST

    Are you tired of swarms in the Genesis bog? Here's a mod to fix it

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:50 AM PST

    We got tired of dealing with insect swarms in the bog, so I put together a little mod. =)

    • Bug Repellent Standing Torch: Pushes/fears insects out of your base.

    • Bog Slime: Gives the player a buff that makes them invisible to insects.

    Enjoy! =D

    Demo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhehzWMZEps

    Insect Repellents: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2012747951

    submitted by /u/RedDwarf_Mods
    [link] [comments]

    Is mindwipe tonic still broken?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:35 AM PST

    Last week someone posted a screenshot showing something like a 100 days cooldown for mindwipe. Is this fixed? Is it only genesis? Has anyone had problems when mindwiping recently?

    submitted by /u/Bragok
    [link] [comments]

    Ferox Stats and Breeding are completely 100% broken at the moment and really need attention.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:27 PM PST

    Currently, the first time you morph a Ferox, it completely rerolls it's stats permanently. It only happens on the first morph, and it causes an entire stat shift on the Ferox. This means whatever stats you saw on the pre-tamed / post-tamed Ferox will immediately be lost upon morphing, and it will now permanently have new stats for life.

    In addition, this completely borks breeding. A new, fresh baby will have this same re-roll the second it morphs in to the mutated Ferox form. This means all of your bred stats immediately disappear and reroll, and any imprint bonuses vanish because it's technically a "new" Ferox.

    This eliminates all purpose behind breeding at the moment and makes the taming process incredibly confusing. This should be addressed, and hopefully soon.

    submitted by /u/daymeeuhn
    [link] [comments]

    My ferox doesnt feel good

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:03 AM PST

    Still scares the living day light out of me!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:00 AM PST

    PSA Ragnarok Lava kills Magmasaurs

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 11:31 PM PST

    GG Wildcard

    submitted by /u/eqs10
    [link] [comments]

    My Honest Review of Genesis So Far

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:49 PM PST

    In my view, Genesis has some good, and some bad. I'm glad Wildcard tried something different at least, but I think they should ditch certain parts of this experiment for Part 2.

    No Flyers was utterly stupid - Aberration I get, but that was in a cave and the environment was part of a challenge. Not only is this map is open air, but also has tameable flyers everywhere, including BRAND NEW VARIANTS. It just makes no sense - why include those, why change their stats and models, why even add the new flying whale, if you decide last minute not to have flyers? The non-buildable zones were also dumb but more understandable, buuuuut since this is a multiplayer game they should have known to at least have a hub zone or something. But neither of those are gamebreaking for me because they can be disabled on unofficial, which most players use.

    My issues mostly lie in the new mechanics. I'm really torn on the mission thing. On one hand, they give something interesting to do, and I do feel like I have more goals to work for than on the open ended sandbox of other maps. And some of them can be kind of fun. However, I don't feel it really gels well with the main Ark gameplay. It takes open sandbox survival mechanics and throws an arcade over it, and the whole thing just feels weird and unfocused, like a janky mess of genres. It certainly takes away some of Ark's uniqueness. Sure, some of the missions can be fun, but it's not what I play Ark for.

    I'm also really torn on the new 'shop' mechanic. Sure, it's convenient, but it also feels like it cheapens the game, heck, the Ark experience by giving all these resources for so little effort. This was the first time, for instance, I didn't have to do any adventuring to get pelt for fur armor to survive the snow, because I just bought everything I needed from HLNA, with tons of hexagons left over. It almost feels cheaty in a way, even though it's an in-game mechanic. Again, just like the missions, I feel like this takes away some of the uniqueness of Ark and undermines its own mechanics to try to be more mainstream. Instead of this great fresh experience, it feels like any generic game you could pick up from gamestop.

    While I'm kind of torn on missions and the shop, I don't like teleportation, at all. It really hinders the feeling of freedom and a large open world, plus it's just irritating and inconvenient. I get what they were trying to do, with mini maps instead of one larger one, but I think they seriously need to drop this in part 2 and never do it again (unless they're physically connected, a la Extinction). Good experiment, now let's never speak of it again.

    However, probably my favorite part of the expansion are the biomes themselves, as well as the difficulty. The environments are beautiful and fresh, and are all meant to test player's mettle after playing the initial maps and DLCs. Even biomes we've seen before, such as alpine and volcanic environments, are lovingly crafted and have unique new challenges. The Island, Center, and Ragnarok all had volcanoes, but the crazy hostile volcanic area in Genesis just blows it out of the water in terms of visuals and unique challenges. I've never cared for Ark's swamps, but the bog biome has incredible aesthetics, with a permanent fog and the regular background splatter of raindrops making me feel like I was in a real prehistoric forest. It even feels oppressive after a while, and I mean that in a good way - it felt real and immersive. I'm pumped we finally got some focus on the ocean (though we really need a whole map focused on it... I'd pay ridiculous amounts of money for that, Wildcard!), and the asteroid field was one of the most hilarious and wonky experiences in-game I've ever had. They all look beautiful, too. I also really like the difficulty. I've seen people complain about how the 'easy' area of the bog is too difficult, but honestly, I really like it. The bog is just about the only biome someone can start in fresh without immediately freezing, burning, drowning, or a mix of the above without any preparation. I think this DLC is primarily aimed at people who have already played Ark extensively, hence many of the biomes being extreme compared to what we've seen in the past (and in-universe that's the point of the Genesis simulations), so I think it's supposed to be hard. From the bog I had to find ways to craft gear to survive temperatures in the snow and lunar biomes, get tames strong enough to handle the hostile volcano, and find swimming mounts to get anywhere in the ocean. The bog's not exactly easy, but it's definitely the easiest one here, and as this is supposed to be for experienced players I think that was the point. I, for one, actually really enjoyed the uptick in challenge. (Not mistaking challenge for monotonous mechanics like insect swarms, of course.) I just really wish these areas were part of a proper map, or even had their own full map to focus on them - looking at you again, my long-neglected ocean. So the environments and the increased difficulty are definitely a plus for me.

    While exploring and surviving was my favorite part, and I really like the new X-creatures, another large disappointment with this DLC was the lack of unique animals. Only 5 new tames? Really? Not counting the insect and parakeet swarms (which I see more as mechanics anyway), only Moeder and the final boss are the only other creatures. Other DLCs had 12-16 new animals IIRC. I defended the lack of new beasts in Extinction because of the robots and tameable titans, but this is simply major letdown, particularly for a game where taming awesome new creatures is such a central part of its appeal. Even if they added a miniboss to each area, like Moeder was for the ocean, that would have gone a long way to me excusing this, but this was a huge disappointment for me. Not to mention, the animals feel really unfocused this time around. Even though there were weird beasts in previous DLCs, I felt at least there was some general theme they were going for, but not here. But here, there's no focus or theme (besides random extra limbs for some reason), and despite how awesome space whales are, the creatures just feel weird to me.

    And maybe that's how I should describe this whole DLC: Weird. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be in terms of the map or in terms of its wildlife, and it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be gameplay-and-mechanics-wise with missions and currency that seem to mix genres, and mix genres poorly. Also, the fact that it was a simulation kind of hurt my immersion with the world, feeling like a video game equivalent of the "it was all a dream" copout, though that may be personal.

    I will say this: I AM having fun with the DLC so far. I love exploring the environments and the missions are an entertaining if not weird addition. However, I'll ALSO say that even with its recent release, I've spent more time playing older maps between then and now - something I've never done with any other newly released DLCs.

    It has its strengths, but it's definitely my least favorite map so far, and the only Ark map I've really been critical of.

    Pros: Environments; Difficulty

    Cons: Bizarre gameplay choices (flying, base building); Teleportation/non-continuous world; Few and unfocused creatures; Weird mix of mechanics (missions, currency).

    submitted by /u/DefinitelySteveIrwin
    [link] [comments]

    Genesis - Are Mission Spawns tamable ?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:18 AM PST

    Title says it all, maybe somone has tried. ALSO can the mission Reaper-Queen impregnate you so you can try and get a reaper yourself ?

    Any feedback highly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Ar2rias9
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting start.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:10 AM PST

    Booted up the game for the first time having seen a bit of gameplay I figured I might as well just try it since steams having a sale.

    I spawn next to one of those acid spitters like my screen is still black and I can hear it roaring. After running away I seen what I now know is a raptor. Thing is, it didn't look like a normal raptor. It was giving off this reddish glow. So turned around and went the other direction. Ran into this big ass dino my friend told me is called a spino and described him and then laughed....

    So this is how I got introduced to this game. All at the 1st easy spawn point on the little peninsula beach.

    submitted by /u/Kainoa25
    [link] [comments]

    Ferox stat change due to speed stat

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:07 PM PST

    This is not a fix for the stat shift after transforming, but I found out what is causing it. The little ferox wild level in its speed stat, which the big one does not have, as you cannot level its speed. Thus the "wasted" level into speed are causing the random stat change. I tested it on 3 ferox so far and the highest stat all of them got was their melee stat.

    The easiest fix for those would be either disabling the speed leveling of the little one or enabling speed leveling of its big variant.

    submitted by /u/LadyAddax
    [link] [comments]

    Im sure most everyone knows this but for those who dont. Alpha Dodo Basketball - How to complete Everytime.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:54 AM PST

    Questions from a primarily island/sorta new player

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Hey all hope someone can point me in the right direction. I'll give some backstory for context.

    So I play on xbox official pve servers. Mainly the island because I dont own the expansions. I play with a couple guys, but we're all older with families so we dont have endless amounts of time to do all the super long things.

    We have some good rexes and other assorted dinos that other tribes have been kind enough to give us when we were new, but we want some more of the exotic stuff like wyvern and drake's. Where do we go if we want to buy one or two? We dont have a ton to offer right now, but would be willing to farm for a couple with saddles (even primitive).

    Second question, are deino saddle BPs still in loot drops? I know the engram is busted right now, but we did manage to hatch one but cant get a saddle.

    Also, how viable is having bases across multiple servers? Especially for casual players like us? I know people on our main server constantly transfer between different servers but is it actually worth it if you arent playing this game 8 hours a day?

    submitted by /u/LastJAMbo
    [link] [comments]

    High Tier Gear in Genesis

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:00 AM PST

    So back in Extinction, the way to get Ascendant gear is through Gacha Crystals and Meteor drops, now we are in Genesis, how do we get higher tier gears other than the Red crate which seems to hand out pretty weak stuff.

    submitted by /u/SilverRonald
    [link] [comments]

    Volcano Biome Eruptions

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:44 AM PST

    Is there part of the biome where they don't happen? Or is there another way around it like staying out of render range?

    I wanna tame things over there but everything dies before the tame is even done. I haven't seen anyone else complain so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/alearie
    [link] [comments]

    Day Night Sensor

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:30 AM PST

    I am trying to create a day night sensor using a Megalosaurus and a tek sensor. I have everything pin coded properly (pins and such). However I have noticed that the hit box on the Megalosaurus does not seem to change when it goes to sleep. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this with different results.

    submitted by /u/FMJuIcE
    [link] [comments]

    [Xbox One] Need More Tribe Mates

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:12 AM PST

    [18+ ONLY]Hello, I'm on a boosted server that's 50x, Ez craft server and we're looking for more people to join us/or make an alliance. It's a cluster, and we are right now built on Center, it is a very popular server. Need players who know how to do just about everything and help grind bullets for heavies and tek turrets, and need more players who are good at building turret towers/chandeliers. Need active players who won't be lazy. Message me if interested.

    submitted by /u/ShadowSkull076
    [link] [comments]

    Flak bps on Genesis

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:54 AM PST

    Do they exist anyone had any luck?

    submitted by /u/StokFlame
    [link] [comments]

    Saving characters on Cross Ark

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:48 AM PST

    Just clustered two servers on our private cluster. I made a character to help some friends that had never played before on a fresh island server in our cluster. I wanted to keep that character as a crafter, but I'd still like to go to the island with my high level character and not delete my future tribe crafter. The dilemma is we only have 2 servers.

    I faintly recall a way that you could keep a character uploaded, and not be deleted when you transfer in another character. Can anyone confirm if this is still possible or another work around?

    submitted by /u/sabanknight
    [link] [comments]

    I’m new to ark (PS4), any tips?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Ark was on sale this past weekend, and my friend and I, out of boredom decided to purchase it. We've started up on an official PvP server on The Island and have been in love with the game since. The only issue is that we kind of have no idea what the hell we're doing. We've got a nice small hidden stone base, and have been trying to farm metal but don't know an efficient method for it. Some players we met in our first hour got us sick, and we don't know how to cure it. We're currently around mid level 40s and don't know how to tame dinos effectively either. In our 6ish hours we've tamed an iguanadon that got slaughtered by a raptor. Please provide tips, thanks!

    submitted by /u/raidendepth
    [link] [comments]

    How do I "unBob" myself?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:53 PM PST

    I'm a solo player. Basically, I've noticed that I have 700 hours into this game, and have a few survivors on different servers in thier 80's, but I'm stuck in the same basic gameplay loop, regardless of what map I'm on. Pretty much its: tame a parasaur, build up to metal tools, build some 1x1 stone buildings to hide in, make a crossbow, tame a few raptors, pteras, trikes. Tames and a base or 2 get offlined, repeat. At 80, I have all the engrams to make way, way more, but I keep finding myself not progressing forward any more than this.

    submitted by /u/CallMeTheDumpMan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel