• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 16, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 05:12 AM PST

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just came back after a year+ away and...

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 08:57 AM PST

    I'm really impressed with the improvements.

    The Center runs more smooth than I've ever seen it. The hangs are dramatically reduced, building is more streamlined with the pickup ability (this is not to be understated), the new dino attacks are awesome, and it's just overall really improved since the last time I played.

    With their track record I didn't expect it from Wildcard. And now a dedicated optimization patch for Xbox on the way? My body is ready. Props, devs.

    submitted by /u/president_clint
    [link] [comments]

    Devs, well done on this update.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 04:24 AM PST

    Great update , lots of fixes.

    Mana is balanced better. C4 on platformed dinos removal which is a major update because people now have to soak turrets like you should have too ! Mesh fixes !

    Keep it up. I'm willing to wait month for patches like this. Good job.

    submitted by /u/running_is_fun
    [link] [comments]

    Will we be getting a free mindwipe with all the new S+ structures coming soon?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 09:36 AM PST

    For example I'm at max level and can't respec because I already have.

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    I dont get how a dev team so fixated on Lore and story telling(they even had us puzzle together Aberr lore/language for clues) can leave such a blantant and horrible gap in the story for us players.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 10:10 AM PST

    I'm looking at you Scorched Earth Ascension.

    I asked over and over in the extra life stream if we were ever going to get SE Ascension. Ced's reply was "no prolly not".

    Well.....why the fuck not? The story is there about how the characters of the story ascended but magically we as a player cannot. So technically and lore-wise how do we as players get to Aberration?

    I'd also like to point out it's the only Official DLC without Ascension or an Endgame.

    So I ask again...why in thee hell "no"?

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Transfers broken will delete all items on upload

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 11:22 AM PST

    Title says all.

    submitted by /u/WeInvadeYou
    [link] [comments]

    [Suggestion] TEK Freeze-Dryer

    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 11:54 PM PST

    So we have the TEK bed, the TEK armor and weapons, TEK saddles, and a whole assortment of TEK goodies...but one thing we're missing is a TEK Fridge...and a TEK Smoker...and a TEK Cooker.

    So let's put it all in one and make it drop from the Beta Manticore!

    Basically the TEK Freeze-Dryer will function as a TEK Preserving Bin/Fridge/Grill. It runs off a TEK generator of course and has three settings.

    1) Regular- where it functions as a normal fridge but with TEK multipliers on the food, making it virtually impossible for meat and eggs to expire. (Hell, maybe even do that!)

    2) Purifier- where it "cooks" raw meat by cleansing it of all dangerous bacterials (I think having a new type of cooked meat "Purified Meat" which provides a short insulation buff when eaten and restores 20% more food than its regular cooked counterpart). It will purify the meat at the same rate a Phoenix can cook it.

    3) Freeze-Dryer- where it takes cooked or Purified meat and, with oil, turns it into freeze-dried jerky.

    Obviously this is good on any map, but especially on Scorched Earth where the environment is against you. It's worth getting for the food buff, increased timers, etc. but also because it "flash-freezes" canteens and water jars causing them to remain frozen for much longer than the simple "chilled" versions from the regular fridge.

    Also, while I'm here, the Alpha reward from the Manticore should be a TEK Wyvern saddle (it exists, give it to me) and the Gamma should be either a TEK version of a pick/hatchet or some weapon to reflect Scorched.

    TL:DR A TEK Fridge that "purifies" meat creating a new, superior food source as well as making jerky at a high rate and storing meat almost infinitely. In addition it can "flash-freezes" canteens making them into a much longer lasting and superior version to their chilled counterparts. Drops from Beta Manticore.

    submitted by /u/diamondcreeper
    [link] [comments]

    Fix for Meks consuming Element Dust.....does this mean no more starving meks?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 09:15 AM PST

    Title!

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Newest Patch Notes: v288.114

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 05:59 AM PST

    Updated Forbidden Zone spawners

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 09:18 AM PST

    Does this mean better/more map border markers....aka the map edge pillars.?

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a public version archive somewhere?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 11:31 AM PST

    Accidentaly updated and the server I usually play on didn't update yet, looking for a way to get the old v288.114 gamefiles back

    submitted by /u/HendelDendel
    [link] [comments]

    Do unridden Dinos take damage during day at aberration surface?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 07:14 AM PST

    If I leave stuff up there does it get killed during the scorching day if I'm not there?

    submitted by /u/da_fuex
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ark this stressful for everyone else?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 05:36 PM PST

    Only been playing for a month. I don't mean stressful necessarily in a bad way. But I've never played a game where I'm constantly on edge, on alert, looking around to make sure nothing is about to maul me almost 100% of the time when I'm not in my base with the door locked. And even then there's the constant nagging thought that some rando griefer from another server could C4 me to oblivion. I'll be mining metal a short jog from my base with a powerful Dino at my side for protection and I'll STILL stop every few swings to look around. Or I'll land a Ptera on a cliff edge to recharge and look around at the beautiful sunset andOHFUGTHERESARAPTORCHARGINGOUTOFTHEFORESTFLYFLYUPGAWDDAMUUPPPPP

    Obviously this has this led to several soul crushing moments. But it has also led to many thrilling memories, barely escaping raptors and rexes is amazing!

    It just seems like the game is on 11 around 95% of the time. Is this the consensus?

    submitted by /u/mattjvgc
    [link] [comments]

    Tek Bridges Bugged?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 10:20 AM PST

    Anyone else still have problems with tek bridges on extinction? I can place them within 10? Foundations away from my buildings, but if I try to get closer, even if it's green, it just doesn't. Supposedly there was a patch today to fix this? Super frustrating.

    submitted by /u/MrPhelan
    [link] [comments]

    Mesh Memory Optimizations.....

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 09:17 AM PST

    How will this affect performance?

    Will this cause generalized better fps? Better render load in? Better texture loading?

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Best Singleplayer Tames

    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 10:29 PM PST

    I usually only play Singleplayer, it's less... stressful, and I seem to have collected waaaaaay too many tames. This includes useless things like Araneo and the centipede who's name eludes me at the moment. I also have a Megalosaurus, two Carnos, three Raptors, the list goes on. Lately I've begun to branch out and build multiple bases across The Island, and I've begun stocking one with it's own tames. Wanting to not take up so much space with a ton of useless creatures, I've tried to figure out what the best dinos to have are, between gatherers and warriors.

    I have a Doedicurus for stone, Ankylosaurus for metal and flint, Sabertooth for hide, Therizinosaurus for wood, fiber, rare flower/rare mushroom and ability to defend myself. Argentavis for flying and weight, and Megaloceros for thatch. I also tamed a Thylacoleo because I hadn't done so before, but other than his ability to run up walls/trees I'm not sure he's a better mount than my Theriz or Sabertooth.

    What dinos do you tame for your bases, solo players? What are your must haves?

    submitted by /u/inc0rrect1
    [link] [comments]

    I am one of you

    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 04:07 PM PST

    will .ini abuse be fixed soon ?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 04:56 AM PST

    is it that hard to make the .ini file write protected or to make it so we have to download a fresh one everytime we load a server ?

    submitted by /u/eat_sleep_drift
    [link] [comments]

    Just how hard are red OSDs and hard element veins?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 08:36 AM PST

    I play solo official, but haven't played on extinction too much. With transfers opening up, I took one of my 325 melee base gigas over. His current stats are 32khp and 596% damage, with a 78 armour saddle. No imprint bonus, as I raised it on a different character. I was wondering if this guy alone would be capable of taking on red OSDs or hard ele veins, or if it would be wiser to wait until I have an imprinted one on extinction. Or if they aren't even possible solo ahah

    submitted by /u/ostrichluvrr
    [link] [comments]

    LFG: tek rep unlocked, lvl 95, 1k hours (pc)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 06:14 AM PST

    Hey I'm looking for a small tribes server to join. I have 1k hours of pvp experience, I have the Tek replicator unlocked, and I'm lvl 95. My discord is hay#6280 of you wanna talk. (Pc)

    submitted by /u/rk_hay
    [link] [comments]

    Snow owls..

    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 07:29 PM PST

    How the fuck have they not patched the snow owl method for cheating? Shit is so absolutely broken and is murdering official servers. Xbox, btw. Extinction servers are R.I.P.

    submitted by /u/Calbyr
    [link] [comments]

    Out of control dinos ignoring whistles and getting themselves killed:

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 05:31 AM PST

    I don't want my dinos to stand there and let themselves get eaten, so I don't set them on Passive. And I don't want them to just disappear into the forest, so I don't set them on Flee. And I don't want them running off to maul every Dodo in our radius, so I don't set them on Aggressive.

    I thought Neutral would be fine, and it seems to normally be. They usually ignore dinos unless they or I get attacked. Normally. But I've lost 4 great Pteras now due to something dumb and not worth it attacking me and them fighting it till they die while I run around 20 feet from them whistling for them to follow me. It's been against Carnos, Carbys, several dinos.

    Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I've missed, or am I whistling the wrong command? I do want my dinos to fight back. But when it's time to cut our losses I want to be able to command them to run with me.

    submitted by /u/mattjvgc
    [link] [comments]

    Purple drop on Extinction

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 12:41 AM PST

    so today i decided to do a purple drop with a few friends we did claim it for our tribe on PVE offical and, we decided to end it at round 7 it didn't even give us any option to end it we had to abandon it anyone else have that issue?

    submitted by /u/legondz
    [link] [comments]

    Official PC servers increase in dino spawns??

    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 12:15 AM PST

    I think they increased the dino spawn count on our server does any one have any information on that? Or was it done covertly? I mean yesterday I counted 20+ deer in addition to all the other tames on the screen I was looking at close to 70-100 dinos.. It looked like the ground was moving... Now I'm not complaining.. yet anyways... but it just seemed like a lot.. anyone else see or hear anything bout this??

    submitted by /u/cobalt503
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel