• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 10, 2021

    ARK: Survival Evolved Hope this helps, Supply drops color corresponding to what resources are in the space biome!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Hope this helps, Supply drops color corresponding to what resources are in the space biome!


    Hope this helps, Supply drops color corresponding to what resources are in the space biome!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    The portal by me

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    SaberTooth TLC Concept #1

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Dunkleosteus TLC Concept #1

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    Critiques, Questions, And Hopefully a Discussion on the Genesis Part 2 Map

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    Hello All,

    I just wanted to pose some questions and/or critiques on things I have observed within Genesis Part 2. I wanted to do this in part to start a discussion or hopefully gain some insight that I am missing. I would like to say that I have 1,200+ hours into the game and I have loved every expansion thus far, and I am currently level 80 on normal settings. This is not meant to be just a complaint thread but I want answers to questions I have as I want to like this expansion. Most of my friends and I have contemplated giving up on this map for the following reasons.

    Cons/Questions/Critiques: (This is not an exhaustive list)

    The Map:

    The map is huge, but to what end?

    · Where are all of the well thought out and interesting areas ie; coves, caves, nooks and crannies, PoI's, etc...?

    · What is the difference if I put a house on the southeast of Eden vs the northwest of Eden?

    · The map feels rushed.

    o It feels like a terrain paint brush was used to paint a blank map and a bunch of Dinos dropped in.

    o The map feels like it has no diversity, if you see one part of the map you have seen the entire map Eden and similar situation to the Rockwell zone.

    o The dinos are the only thing that seems to make the map dangerous. Where are the areas you must prepare for? Snow, Lava, etc...

    A few missing items?

    o Where are the Bees? (This has been added today)

    o Where are the dung beetles?

    o Where is the redwood?

    o Why are Thylacoleos walking around with no trees to perch in?

    o Why are Bloodstalkers walking around on the ground?

    o Why are Gacha's roaming around on the surface next to Predators and Shadowmanes.

    o Where are the Biomes? Snow, Lava, etc.

    o Why are there less missions and less variety to the missions than Genesis Part 1?

    o Why are the missions available at all terminals and not different areas of the map?

    o Why do we have loot tables with saddles for dinos that do not exist in this map?

    o What is the purpose for the ambergris? Is it assumed we will be jumping from map to map in the future to use items on this map that have no purpose for this map?

    o Where are the caves? Are missions now the Caves? Genesis one had tons of little PoI's and caves with baddies. Remember the Space biome with all of the PoI's in the asteroids? Or the ocean biome in any of the maps that had so many areas to explore and everything felt and looks different?

    Imbalance?

    o Why did we decide to give everyone everything? Doing this has negated a lot of the utility dinos. Ever since I got the mining drill off my first drop I havent had to tame any utility dinos.

    o People say that we are given all these things (Tek Suit, Tek Items, Resources) because it's the end of the Ark Saga and we are assumed to be end game players already. But why and to what end? We rush through the map faster disregarding half of the content that made Ark so fun to begin with.

    o Where is the challenge? Is it only the end game? The only challenge I feel exists is when you cannot hit a bird with arrows because of hit detection :P. It doesnt feel like a Survival game anymore.

    All these items compiled together makes the expansion feel rushed and not as thoughtful as previous iterations. I hope that most of these things I have listed can be refuted and that I have misjudged this map. I really want to love this map, but I need to see why I should.

    submitted by /u/dtaduke
    [link] [comments]

    Ark poc is something everyone should try

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    Starting on a new map, suggestions

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    I can't really make a definite discision on starting a new map, I read so many different opinions on transferring you character to a new map. Some say bring your old character, some say begin a new one.

    We just beat gamma broodmother on the island, and we just unlocked our first Tek engrams, and it does feel like a waste to not transfer your character, because we would simply lose everything we worked on on the Island. On another note, I really like the idea of starting naked, so that we feel the rush again of surviving. And of course learning all the new engrams with it.

    I'm already sure that we won't bring any Dino's to se because that would make it a bit to easy, but I'm still not sure what to do with our characters. Do we start a fresh character over there, or is it advised to bring our characters over from The Island? Now that the final DLC is out, what did you guys do? And would you suggest the same?

    I also read that there is a risk on your character completely disappearing on transferring, is transferring then even worth the risk?

    submitted by /u/Buurtjee
    [link] [comments]

    Im still getting prim equipement in cave loot

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    Thats pretty much it. Its supposed to be fixed by now. Anyone can confirm?

    Single player on the island v329.25 fyi

    Edit: im not the only one, the discord is going insane atm. They legit forgot to patch in the patch.

    submitted by /u/TheSasosam
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing my favorite spot to just relaxe in this game (the Island)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    [PC/Steam] Crafting Skill Bonus

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    Disclaimer, and please show me some respect for my preference in provider; I use Nitrado

    I wanted to know what the command line thing is called for the Crafting Multiplier bonus, for crafted items; crafted by one with hypothetically 500% crafting skill.

    I also want to know where I can put it for it to be active on my server, because right now, its not active on my server, and I'm kind of annoyed as I've tried many things to attempt to get it to work.

    submitted by /u/QuietGhost1
    [link] [comments]

    Nitrado servers offline???

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    I got a new server today on Xbox, and it keeps telling me it can't find the "address" no matter what I try. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/christhecool96
    [link] [comments]

    Side By Side comparison of ark steam (left) and ark epic (right) shortcuts

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    Lava on Gen2?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    Anyone found any lava on the new map? I want to know if we can breed magmars here.

    Also, anyone tried breeding 'chelons in the SUMP yet? I assume it works fine right?

    submitted by /u/azneterthemagus
    [link] [comments]

    Gen2 Disappearing and Unclaimable Babies

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    On my Genesis 2 map, a tribe was breeding Maewings and Shadowmanes, the Maewings would drop the egg, it would immediately hatch and then disappear, but the lionfish would give birth and the baby would simply be unclaimable. It wouldn't belong to any tribe, it would simply be unclaimable until the timer expired (on my server its 4 days). I can cheat givetome But that's not very helpful for the people on the server without admin powers. Looking at it's genetic history, the shadowmanes were still treated normally, some would have mutations, others not, they belonged to the same tree, etc. I didn't test any other animals, I'm more interested if any other servers are experiencing the same issue.

    The mods we run are:

    • No Untameables
    • WBUI
    • S+
    • Lethals Reusables
    • Admin toolkit
    • StackMeMore
    • AWesome Teleporters
    • DinoTracker
    • Awesome Spyglass
    • Classic Fliers
    submitted by /u/QuietGrave
    [link] [comments]

    any tribes that can help

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    me and my friend have lost like 4 chars to ark server wiping and are trying to play the new map, problem is we have none of our tek engrams on the new map, specifically the replicator. anyone willing to help by killing a boss for us by being super nice or maybe paypal could help.

    submitted by /u/Shawnh77
    [link] [comments]

    Game keeps crashing + horrible fps + audio problems [EPIC]

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    Every time i open ark, like 5 minutes after, game crashes, if i get in a game in those 5 minutes, i have horrible fps, we talking 30 fps and that generates audio problems i think. I have my drivers updated, graphics are all on low. is there a fix? I reinstalled game multiple times and still nothing new...

    submitted by /u/sMyLLeX
    [link] [comments]

    fps issue with velo hunt on gen 2

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    when i get to the last part my fps just tanks when all 3 velos attack like 1 fps. i have raided bases with 5x that and no issue anyone getting this as well. its a 1050 ti not close to the best but it shouldn't be doing this

    submitted by /u/Some-News-8020
    [link] [comments]

    A few questions/critiques about Genesis Part 2.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    Hello All,

    I just wanted to pose some questions and/or critiques on things I have observed within Genesis Part 2. I wanted to do this in part to start a discussion or hopefully gain some insight that I am missing. I would like to say that I have 1,200+ hours into the game and I have loved every expansion thus far, and I am currently level 80 on normal settings. This is not meant to be just a complaint thread but I want answers to questions I have as I want to like this expansion. Most of my friends and I have contemplated giving up on this map for the following reasons.

    Cons/Questions/Critiques: (This is not an exhaustive list)

    The Map:

    • The map is huge, but to what end?
      • Where are all of the well thought out and interesting areas ie; coves, caves, nooks and crannies, PoI's, etc..? Where are the biomes?
      • What is the difference if I put a house on the southeast of Eden vs the northwest of Eden?
      • The map feels rushed.
        • It feels like a terrain paint brush was used to paint a blank map and a bunch of Dinos dropped in.
        • The map feels like it has no diversity, if you see one part of the map you have seen the entire map Eden and similar situation to the Rockwell zone.
        • The dinos are the only thing that seems to make the map dangerous. Where are the areas you have to prepare for? Snow, Lava, etc..
      • A few missing items?
        • Where are the Bees?
        • Where are the dung beetles?
        • Where is the redwood?
        • Are we missing the trees required for the tree platforms?
        • Why are Thylacoleos walking around with no trees to perch in?
        • Why are bloodstalkers walking around on the ground? Why does this make sense?
        • Why are Gacha's roaming around on the surface next to Predators and Shadowmanes.
        • Where are the Biomes? Snow, Lava, etc.
        • Why do we have loot tables with saddles for dinos that do not exist in this map?
        • What is the purpose for the ambergris? Is it assumed we will be jumping from map to map in the future to use items on this map that have no purpose for this map?
        • Where are the caves? Are missions now the Caves? Genesis one had tons of little PoI's and caves with baddies. Remember the Space biome with all of the PoI's in the asteroids? Or the ocean biome in any of the maps that had so many areas to explore and everything felt and looks different?
        • Why do we have less missions than Genesis Part 1.
        • Why are all the missions available from any terminal and not on certain parts of the map?
        • I have heard the opinion "Just go to other maps to get things etc when clustering opens up" It is my opinion that it may be bad practice to fill current content holes with old content. (I am not including dinos in this as I think going to other maps for dinos is a good thing)
      • Imbalance?
        • Why did we decide to give everyone everything? Doing this has negated a lot of the utility dinos. Ever since I got the mining drill off of my first drop I havent had to tame any utility dinos.
        • People say that we are given all of these things (Tek Suit, Tek Items, Resources) because its the end of the Ark Saga and we are assumed to be end game players already. But why and to what end? We rush through the map faster disregarding half of the content that made Ark so fun to begin with.
        • Where is the challenge? Is it only the end game? The only challenge I feel exists is when you cant hit a bird with arrows because of hit detection :P. It doesnt feel like a Survival game anymore.

    I hope that most of these things I have listed can be refuted and that I have misjudged this map. I really want to love this map but I need to see why I should.

    submitted by /u/dtaduke
    [link] [comments]

    I’m playing solo, how can I transfer my Genesis 2 character to another map?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel