• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 5, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 05:33 AM PST

    Welcome to Storytime Tuesday!

    Tales from the ARK can be wild, hilarious, and/or downright captivating. Consider this thread an open invitation for you to to tell us some tales of survival, tribal warfare, epic taming, thrilling exploration, etc.


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I mean... it could be time for something less lazy.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 08:44 AM PST

    Look at this HUGE raptor in the Extinction ending cutscene.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 08:12 PM PST

    Small node health on element veins. What is the health based on after completion?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 09:48 AM PST

    Questions about breeding

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 10:07 AM PST

    So a few weekends ago I tamed a 174 male tek Rex with mutton to 255. I bred it with a female tek Rex I had until I ended up with an identical female tek Rex at 255. On the way I got a 250 Rex with a health mutation. So moving forward I should breed that mutant with my 255 until I get a Rex that has the same stats as the 255 with that mutant star and then keep breeding mutants and non mutants until I get a baby with 20/20 on each side? I'm also assuming that if I get a crappy mutation don't breed that in? Also what's the deal with the movement speed points are they hidden points hence why my Rex's have 100% move speed? How do I get rid of them?

    submitted by /u/Progamingcinema
    [link] [comments]

    Rockwell's New Role

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 07:19 PM PST

    So what story role do you think Rockwell will play in the next dlc/ark 2? We've already seen him as aberrations bbeg (big bad evil guy) but now that the story has expanded so much and we killed the creature leading the planets supply of element (yes the king titan was spawned from it but Helena explicitly says he's its brain) what will he do? I suspect he will either take the king titans place or be used as an antagonist and get stomped by some more powerful alien threat since element is stated to have originally come from space, "your too late petty humans for I"*squish*.

    submitted by /u/mindflayerflayer
    [link] [comments]

    Ark gameshare question (xbox one)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 09:00 AM PST

    Hi ! I gameshared with my little cousin and we're trying to play ark together and he managed to download it fine but when he launches it says "Sign in with the account that purchased or installed the app, or if the game is a trial version that has expired , purchase the game from the microsoft store"

    submitted by /u/Jkanjm
    [link] [comments]

    Can't see tame bar? (xbox one)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 08:08 AM PST

    Hi! for some reason no matter what I do I can't see the tame bar and it's driving me nuts >:( I knocked out a dilo and moved Narco berries and raw meat over waited till he had 0 food and yet he still didn't eat what was in his inventory and the bar didn't move up? I tried force feeding but still no bar or anything :(

    submitted by /u/Jkanjm
    [link] [comments]

    Friend can't place stuff? (Xbox one)

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 05:45 AM PST

    HI! My friend can't seem to place stuff on xbox one, no matter what he tries , is there a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/Jkanjm
    [link] [comments]

    How to tame on xbox one?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 04:31 AM PST

    Hi! I'm getting so pissed off with ark on xbox one >:( (got it to play with friends because their pc's broke or not powerful enough to run)

    How do you tame? I knocked out a dilo but I don't see anyway to transfer just meat and the narco berries to it's inventory? when trying to move just those 2 it went everywhere but where I wanted >:( I managed to transfer them with transfer all but then the tame bar wasn't going up? why is this and is there anyway to move just the 2 I want to move?

    submitted by /u/Jkanjm
    [link] [comments]

    Cross breeding Species.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 03:45 AM PST

    I'm not sure if this has been suggested before (I've at least never seen any posts regarding it) but it would be fascinating if WC was to either implement some kind of system to Ark or perhaps a future sequel, if that was to happen, the ability to cross breed and combine species of dinos.

    I imagine it would probably be an absolute nightmare to balance all the combinations, but it seems ripe for some really interesting things.

    submitted by /u/ZeeDoktor
    [link] [comments]

    How do I tame in an area full of baddies

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 01:55 PM PST

    I want a spino. There's a lot in waterwall of the ancients, but how do I tame one? As soon as I start taming I'm gonna get like 10 spinosauruses and a bunch of other mean dinos ruining my tame.

    What do I do :(

    submitted by /u/steal322
    [link] [comments]

    Question Xbox one

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 10:28 PM PST

    So I was on a boat, about to go on an island. I put all my inventory in crates on the boat (I'm a new player). I didn't want to lose all my stuff if I died and I had a sleeping bag on the boat I could spawn at. Yeah, thought it was full proof. Anyway, two T Rexs came right after I unloaded in the crates and broke my crates along with all my stuff. I almost immediately pulled the power cord on my xbox, maybe 10 to 20 seconds. Is there any chance it didn't save and it'll be there when I get back on? Not sure how this game saves.

    Edit:Spelling error

    submitted by /u/Pr3ssure93
    [link] [comments]

    Function Keys have ceased to function.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 07:24 PM PST

    Have several mods installed on private server which are mapped to the F keys. Up until last night these were all working no problem, for me and my players... now they no longer work for me. Mods still work for other players, and the few I've been able to remap work fine for me. The ones that are hardcoded to the F keys though, no longer function, just for me. Any ideas? My function keys work outside of Ark.

    submitted by /u/TigreWulph
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player (maybe) what is the current state of the game?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 07:19 PM PST

    quit playing ages age just before full release our huge base was undermapped on one of the ice islands on the island map, no lifed the game up until that point put up with all the alpha/beta bullshit glitches, just want to ask if its legit now like tribes don't get wiped for in game glitches, balanced dinos… everything really.

    submitted by /u/dsruby
    [link] [comments]

    Still Crashing Xbox One

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 07:05 PM PST

    Update held up for a day, I had no crashes day of, but now we're back home baby! Will it ever end.. Anyone else having issues?

    submitted by /u/Btb7861
    [link] [comments]

    Why are animals too stupid to defend themselves?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 03:09 PM PST

    I set all to Aggressive then go explore on land. My megalodon got killed by manta but it never even tried to attack back or defend itself.

    It's like the wild version attacks but the tamed becomes stupid and gets killed.

    What am i doing wrong????

    submitted by /u/timmy30274
    [link] [comments]

    Cryopods are not freezing imprints on console, but are instead still freezing them to the official timers (8 hrs) post patch.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 12:30 PM PST

    I play on unofficial, and a lot of us were quite happy with the advent of imprint freezing, as a giga would take a full 24 hours to imprint on 10x, every 45 minutes.

    Imprints are not being frozen, they are being reset to official 8 hour timer, even after the "patch" is live. Please fix this.

    submitted by /u/alteraia
    [link] [comments]

    xbox one: where is tek deicated storage?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 06:27 PM PST

    I played ark 3 years ago, went back and only had one conclusion

    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 04:38 AM PST

    Ark is dying, it is a slow death, but it can not be denied. The amount of people playing in servers are getting lower and lower as time goes by, which will force WC to do something in the future when it reaches negative numbers regarding income.

    And you know what is more surprising? It is not about meshing or any other bug that the game has. It is more about how ark has molded players to play around it, stopping new players to join, leading to refunds and a small player base.

    Yeah, i know this is for officials, but isn't this the way the game was thought to be played with?

    I know, people will come and say: "oh, you got raided and now is crying". No, i was not raided, I'm just full of dealing with people with clear psychological problems playing ark.

    I would simply say that if WC wants ark to last, they need to create a few more rules restricting sociopaths from playing the game. It is more than clear that WC has a naive judgment when balancing the game.

    For example, you know what a great rule could be created? The quantity of servers now far surpasses the player base, so, we will create a rule where the number of servers * 35 (half server capacity) will have to be around the same number of ACTIVE( at last 100 hours per month) players in the game as a whole in all maps. Annnnd guess what, the most inactive server (aka, the most opressive and sociopaths driven) will be shutdown and wiped every month until we reach this number.

    What else could be created?

    I had another more complicated idea, but still, effective. To start with, we need a few rules.

    1- Tribes are now global throughout all servers

    2-) Leaving a tribe will put you in a cooldown for joining it again (the cooldown has to be long, 1 month at least)

    3-) Every tribe has a score based on their number of dinos, structures, turrets, etc etc.. (also, the number of c4s used, number of strucutres demolished and blown)

    4-) Damage against another tribe will suffer a modification based on the tribe score against the ther tribe score. Let me be clear with the intentions here, above a certain score, all tribes will be considered the same. I just want to be REAL hard for ppl to raid noobs growing somewhere in the server.

    You can say someone will have an alt account for raiding those noob, despite all the extra work to trasnfer the items, as rules 3 states, this alt will also have its own score raised because of c4s and strcutures used.

    Anyway, have any ideas? Are you a sociopath opressing a heatlhy player base and just want to swear at me or downvote?

    submitted by /u/TheGreatSausageKing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel