• Breaking News

    Monday, June 10, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday


    Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    Mondays are for bug reports.

    Please make any reports of bugs you may find in the game here. Wildcard will be keeping an eye on these threads.

    Information to include:

    Platform

    Server

    What happened when you encountered the bug

    How long has this been happening?


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Possible mesh fix, from this video seems quiet good, anyone has info if it would work or not?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 03:45 AM PDT

    Ragnorak Map, what on earth are these? I've found two in the desert with K Mode

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    Playing on the Ragnarok map and found this lovely easter egg in the swamp. Shrek's hut??

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    Stream next Monday, more info coming in the community crunch later today!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    At Xbox E3 they showed some gamepass stuff and ark was in the clips.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 07:50 AM PDT

    A could of swore I saw a Dino I have never seen on the clip. Can anyone confirm?

    Whilst am here, has any new info come about the new dlc that was listed?

    submitted by /u/An4rchy17
    [link] [comments]

    Justice for the arthropods

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    I'm a very, very big fan of arthropods (mainly arachnids), both in game and in real life. I've always loved adventuring with my many-legged pals , but I feel like there's something missing. This is probably due to the fact that they're unable to procreate, which really hinders their usefulness.

    Unfortunately, all the arthropods in the game are lacking this one critical attribute. While at least one of them, the arthropleura, is still incredibly useful in certain situations, the arthropods of the Ark are severely outshined by their vertebrate counterparts.

    If WC ever decides to buff or rework our invertebrate friends, the ability to breed them would be a most welcome change!

    I therefore hope that one day we all see legions upon legions of tiny, ill-tempered and all-around nasty baby insects and arachnids.

    Justice for the Arthropods!

    submitted by /u/Malfisken
    [link] [comments]

    No Solo/duo servers, clear your storage the wait is over

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    Making Single Player more challenging?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    I bet this has been posted before, but here I am.
    I'm not particularly looking for SP settings, I know which rates and OK to play with in SP that still take time but not too much time.

    I'm really just looking for how to make the game more challenging.

    I'm not sure if there are mods that make it so? Maybe like an NPC raid simulator?

    I've previously tried Difficulty +'s mods, and those get absolutely insane with levels, and stats. (though I might be doing it wrong not sure) I've tried also custom dinos from the Workshop.

    submitted by /u/Ulimaatissaq
    [link] [comments]

    Rafts clipped inside rocks: legit?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 05:26 AM PDT

    As title, i was curious to know if clipping rafts inside world rocks (not harvestable) so that structures on raft are "protected" is a legit move or a bannable offense like meshing.

    In the early days was a nice way to protect yourself from accanite raiders or save some resource (always with the risk of stucking it forever xD).

    submitted by /u/dax85
    [link] [comments]

    Quetzal + Hatchframe Build Should Not Be Possible

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:52 AM PDT

    Before you throw complaints about, "Oh, you were raided by this and you want it nerfed", I'll stop you there. I've yet to be raided by a Quetzal Hatchframe build, but we have done countless Quetzal + Hatchframe raids.

    Believe Hatchframes should be disabled on the Quetzal or shift the Quetzals hitbox to make this build useless. It is extremely easy to cheese enemy defenses and cause a lot of damage with this build, from our experience.

    It forces players to develop new builds to adapt to this 'toxic' cheese build. On the bright side, non-mega tribes can farm bullets off mega tribes lol.

    submitted by /u/TancredHM
    [link] [comments]

    Spino randomly stuck in ground and wont let me ride it, even though it has saddle(extinction)

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:27 PM PDT

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/gameboard19
    [link] [comments]

    Another suggestion for Meshing

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 12:52 AM PDT

    Yeah, i know, bothering again with more meshing posts. What can i do though, i love this game.

    Anyhow, here are some interesting and way more practical ideas that havent seen touched as far as im concerned, just need a dev or someone who understands about the engine to tell me if this is doable or not code wise, not as an opinion.

    Basically the jist is using collition check from the projectiles or check projectile proximity with meshes.

    Let me explain in more details. Basically settings some types of projectiles(bullets,rockets,tek explosions, etc) to have a nearby check while its traveling in the air. I dont mean this for stuff like bullets , sniper ammo or this kind of stuff which would be hard to track mid air and useless for meshing someones base, the focus is strcuture damaging projectiles.

    So, tag projectiles such as tek explosion, rockets, cannon balls, mek cannon, tapejara/rex tek explosion with a constant check around it while traveling in the air, whilst blacklisting turret tek explosion and turrets so theres no unecessary server resources being used. The reason for this is to have the bullet check the proximity of the ground or mesh right after is has gone out of the actor/mesh to disable itself from doing damage or straight out deleting itself. This would not affect normal gameplay.

    //

    In sum, the rocket would go out of a mesh,have its constant ray trace opposite to its trajectory see that it went thru a mesh, then disabling itself if its true. Basically have it check whats behind him, and if theres an actor or mesh, disable it. Or any collition check behind it for that matter.

    //

    Of course there would be limitations to this as rocketing a foundations sticking into the mesh so this would be useless as its not going thru any meshes. Or doing it from underneath specially. However most of the raids are done sideways in a wall, its more uncommon to see it from below.

    Another recommendation, make the tek chestpiece require "floor" in order to work. Basically how the structures have a maximum height that prevents them from being placed too high up in the sky with the "too high above ground". With this, it would make using chestpiece over the void (aka under a lot of meshes that have void/water under them) to be unmesheable, this is a bigger issue on extinction and aberration specially since they lack tp zones.

    Like i said in the tittle, im looking for an actual awnser for this if it is possible code wise, not an opinion. Thank you for reading

    submitted by /u/erwin1234777
    [link] [comments]

    Taming Trodoons - Glitched?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    Hi I've play on PC PvP officials. Maybe it's me, but I'm having the worst luck taming Trodoons. I can't seem to find any up to day video on taming them, so I imagine taming them hasn't changed in forever.

    I was wondering if anyone had a perfect full proof way of doing it with no issues every single try?

    What I've been doing is building a 3x3 building with a ramp, an a door exit. I have a level 15 Troodon I'm needing for mutation breeding/cloning.

    I wait till mid-night to 3am. The walk a baby wyvern/rex/giga, honestly it doesn't matter what I walk up there it never attacks it. They're all very high level, on neutral, and/agressive. Then I sit an wait, for it to attack it. Now I've piked it down to about 100hp in health to make it even easier for the trodoon to kill still nothing.

    Set them to wonder, blah, blah. The ONLY thing I've found to work an even that rarely when it does. Is witha full grown wyvern, again like a lvl100 or whatever, pike it down to 100hp, an i sit on it in the cage, an wait for it to start to attack me, I'm watching the health go down slowly more an more an more an more, an right before it kill it I jump off an BAM insta tame. But even that recently, simply isn't working.

    I've found myself sitting waiting on it to attack me, an it simply never does. Other random things I've tried. Having a tribe mate hover a male near by, to give it mate boost? eating wild flower? hitting with pheromone dart? Nothing.

    So I've tried other Trodoons, nothing. Still the same thing. Someone save me from this hell. This thing is pickier than a wild panda IRL. Please any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ark1one
    [link] [comments]

    Boats just completely ignoring pillars and metal dino gates.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    well we live on the viking bay cave and we built in the entrance some pillars after building a behe door . Yesterday some people tried to raid us using boats (one of the best strats and almost the only working one for that cave ). I thought we were safe but the boat just passed by our pillars and dino gates like if they werent there. Thats bs in our case since like that we dont have defense against boats or cant stop them efficiently :c

    https://reddit.com/link/byt9mb/video/zejybocqdg331/player

    submitted by /u/wyvernsareop
    [link] [comments]

    What dinos should I be focusing on now?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:56 PM PDT

    Context,

    Played heaps of ARK, had about 1300 hours logged before quitting over a year + ago.

    I Played in a group of 4, and was pretty much the base builder, on official pvp servers. We got raided constantly(!) However it really taught me how to build a base (and a need for satellite bases..) and how to move fast.

    Anyways, I'm a solo player now, the lads really dont want to come back, and I have been back for a few weeks on a small private server that runs vanilla ARK Ragnork map but has a 4x tame timer.

    I have the "essentials" an anklyo, Argi, trike, ptera, even have a dung beetle doing work and a Pelagornis(?) That giant pelican thing.

    I'm completely self sufficient, and due to my server only having about 12-14 people, and those people having themselves a big ole war down south (I'm over by the redwoods) , I've been able to build fast and quietly.

    I've been enjoying the changes to ARK since I last played, due to previous experience I knew exactly what to do to get set up fast and efficiently, but now I have no idea what to do.

    Mainly because sooooo many dinos have been added since returning to the game and I don't have much experience with Ragnork (we pretty much lived on the centre).

    What are some (now that I'm stable) priority dinos I should be looking to get? (Keep in mind i have 3 flyers, an ankylo and my trusty dung beetle)

    Also is the ocean worth expanding into? Some freaky shit out there now...

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/DexJones
    [link] [comments]

    My Entire Team of Pters Vanished

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:21 PM PDT

    Not dead in tribe log.

    Was hunting dimes. Told them to kill a hyena that tried to jump me. Slingshot two dimes next to each other. Turned around and all pters gone except one. Hyena dead. Killed it's mates earlier so no others. Killed everything in area that was aggro'ing. Just gone. Checked the area. Checked the sky ceiling in case of a circle jerk (accidentally command a follow that causes them to circle all the way to the world ceiling). Nothing. Just disappeared gone.

    Only thing I did differently than any other hunt is talk in public chat. Paranoid hackers can delete your pets if you talk in chat now.

    submitted by /u/DK_win
    [link] [comments]

    Tek Cave lvl requirement?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    Is there a tek cave lvl requirement? (alpha btw)

    submitted by /u/BundaPump
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel