• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    ARK on Xbox One A reminder on /r/ArkOne Rules and Etiquette

    ARK on Xbox One A reminder on /r/ArkOne Rules and Etiquette


    A reminder on /r/ArkOne Rules and Etiquette

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Hello! As our sub continues to grow, our constant influx of new users may not be as versed with our sub's rules, so I thought I'd make a quick reminder post to refresh everyone memory.

    1. Post to the weekly thread for anything related to server recruitment, "looking for 1/2/3/4 more survivors...", "looking for a server like...", and so on. Any posts made outside of the weekly thread will be removed. This thread refreshes each week on Friday afternoon's PST, so make sure to add your server or recruitment post back each week. Accounts made to just spam servers posts will be banned. (You are welcome to create those accounts and add to the Weekly thread though, just spamming discords and your server as a new post will get your account banned.)
    2. No for sale or for trade posts. If you've got some things to buy, sell, or trade, please do so over at /r/ARKbuyandsell/. These types of posts will be removed. If you've got questions of the value of an item or what to trade/sell something for, remember that each server will likely have a different economy, and your mileage may vary depending on the other survivors.
    3. Remember not everyone is a seasoned vet at playing Ark. With the game being available on Game Pass and new content becoming available, we usually get an influx of new players. The game has a steep steep learning curve. You are welcome to post and ask for help, but try searching too. Many of the questions you might have likely have been answered in the past. Never feel bad asking for help here, we all woke up on a beach one morning and were ate by a raptor right away. Welcome to Ark!
    4. Don't spam self promotion. This isn't a hub for you to spam your youtube channel over and over. Always try to remember the 10/1 rule when posting. Excessive spamming will lead to removal of posts and up to a ban of your account. Join the conversation, engage those who respond to your posts.
    5. Leave the salt in the cabinet. Too many times we've had to remove posts that start with two people talking about something random and it leads to a shouting match and a wall of vulgarities. You are welcome to post frustrations, to debate, and to disagree, but don't start flaming one another. Everyone plays this game different and everyone has a different understanding of how the game operates. One survivor might really enjoy grinding on Officials and other might enjoy fibercraft/instant tame/instant max level servers. There is no one correct way to play this game which is one of the best aspects of it. Use the report option for users who are harassing or bullying other users. This is a place of discussion, not hate.
    6. Use the report option for anyone who is abusing the rules. Automod will step in after a small number of reports and the mod team will address as needed.

    Ark is a sandbox open world game with no real direct course to get to the end game. It has some serious flaws, some bad programming, and some of the best times we've all ever had playing a video game. Just remember, not everyone enjoys the game the same way as you do. Keep that in mind when anyone is asking questions, making suggestions, or promoting the server they built. Good luck out there survivors!

    submitted by /u/Travis_Stewart
    [link] [comments]

    Soooo I made a TEK parasaur farm

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    Megalainia defense system

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:01 AM PDT

    Spider deinon, spider deinon,

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 11:49 PM PDT

    What’s stopping me from just parking my base next to a terminal in extinction and keeping my Dino’s uploaded when I’m offline?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    That way on official servers I can't get wiped for my tames

    submitted by /u/Logran46
    [link] [comments]

    Valguero: duped bees and bugs?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:08 AM PDT

    SP XB1 on a non-X, standard Xbox, I've been having some fairly ugly performance issues and regular crashes that happen at save time (meaning 30 minute rollback each time). I hadn't had much of an idea why it was so unstable, but now I have a guess after a short, aborted attempt at The Lair.

    I'm pretty sure I have many, many duplicates of some spawns on my map. I had noticed extra stacked beehives and knew that was an issue, but holy meganeura, The Lair was a new level. Graphics went to low-framerate potato as soon as I got to the cave proper--I didn't know why but assumed it was the gas graphics. How wrong I was.

    After accidentally aggroing through bug repellent trying to fend off a snake, there were so many bugs and death messages on the screen that the game turned to a slideshow: one frame and a big burst of cacophonous audio every 3-5 seconds.

    I don't know exactly how many I killed in that first room, but it leveled me cleanly from 100-102; with 6 base XP, an estimated average level of 300, and the standard SP x2 multiplier, that looks to be something north of 2000 of them just in the first room's entrance aggro range.

    I haven't tried loading the savegame up in a utility yet, but I'm going to hazard a guess that there are way too many actors on the map and that I'm often running out of memory during a save.

    Has anyone else encountered a bugpocalypse of this magnitude before? I know it's supposed to be packed, but I don't think it's supposed to be that packed; it's like it's added a copy every time I've restarted the game.

    I think I'm going to have to try a destroywilddinos to see if that solves things, but I'm a little worried about the game melting now.

    submitted by /u/Nyrin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel