• Breaking News

    Friday, August 23, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Weekend Free Talk!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Weekend Free Talk!


    Daily Community Thread - Weekend Free Talk!

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    Hello friends! Welcome to your Weekend Free Talk megathread!

    Talk about whatever you'd like! Your comments need not be related to ARK. Talk about your favorite music, talk about underrated movies, talk about whatever you like (within the community rules)! We will still be enforcing community rules regarding user conduct (reddiquette/civility/witchhunting) and server/tribe listings in this thread.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ark "appears" to have uninstalled

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    I've just noticed Ark is appearing as uninstalled on Steam, but the folders are still where they were. I absolutely didn't uninstall it myself, and nobody else has access to this computer. Would this be related to a Steam update? Like it somehow just forgot the location or something (download settings didn't change though, I checked).

    Anyway, reasons for it aside, because the game folder is still there Steam is saying I don't have enough disk space to actually Install. Which folders and files exactly do I need to backup to not lose my singleplayer world, settings and everything in my transmitter? Will just the "Saved" folder suffice or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/Duckeezilla
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for tribe

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    I play on pc I have over 2k hours my character lvl is 95 and I'm very active

    submitted by /u/BoofStick
    [link] [comments]

    ARK in a nutshell

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Anyone else experiencing high cpu temps when running ark lately?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 07:37 AM PDT

    I have a i7-4790k...not overclocked with a coolmaster evo212 cooler. I have cleaned and reapplied new thermal paste and cleaned all the dust buildup out.

    Airflow in the case is good. Gpu is normal temps and my CPU when running ark is only running at 30-50% load with temps reaching 97c.

    Any other game/program I run underload only reach's around 70-75c. Tested in black desert online, div 2, anthem, Stellaris(which is cpu intensive due to all the calculations it runs) and an older game called Mount and Blade.

    Any ideas? It seems worse on my home map scorched Earth compared to let's say valguero. Fps also dips on scorched Earth compared to Valguero. 40-50fps vs 50-75fps.

    Seems to be worse with the last few patches.

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Still no Ice Wyvern

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    So, I did read the Patch notes for yesterday (PS4) and there was a fix for the Wyvern bug.

    Well, still no Wyverns on my dedicated server, therefore no eggs. It's been like it since day one.

    I do not want to spawn anything in because that is defeating the point.

    Restarted several times and nothing.

    So, did this actually get fixed?

    submitted by /u/INF_ERNO
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever tame that wasn't from the Footpaw

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    Sally the Stegosaurus is...a tank. Slow but powerful. Level 1 at tame, though. I found her at the Weathertop just before leaping off to escape a Raptor that I eventually killed protecting my Carbonemys. I later traveled up to the Weathertop a second time to tame it. Now she's my main until I tame something better. I forgot to screenshot her though. I'm PS4, so I sadly don't have computer mods and it takes time to get these screenshots up. :(

    submitted by /u/ApatosaurusKing
    [link] [comments]

    What is valguero map good for?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    Is there a point in having a set up on valguero? Is it good for a certain type of resource/tame/items, I know aberration is the best map for metal, extinction is good for element and Ragnarok is good for griffins but I'm wondering if valguero has something that's easier to get on that map than the others, I know about the new Dino but I'm not really interested in that, thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Gerryboi97
    [link] [comments]

    Doing Valguero boss fight only on Rhinos works

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Can you use a thylacoleo in the Island Snow Cave?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 05:03 AM PDT

    Cave in question: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Snow_Cave

    With the introduction of cryopods, we know we can bring our thylas inside the cave, but we're wondering if It would be a PITA with them getting stuck, or if they can be put to good use in beating the cave faster.

    Anyone used them in this cave recently?

    submitted by /u/madkimchi
    [link] [comments]

    Submitted a ticket asking for help with a player blocking me in on PvE, ticket was "resolved" and the next time I logged in I'm dead and they have my dino??

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    Long title.. sorry... But I reported a player for breaking the following CoC rules:

    Building at their base: I built here and couldnt claim any more land than I have due to others living there. Pookalover12 was on when buildings decayed and was able to IMMEDIATELY take all land surrounding me.

    Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct. - I am unable to continue playing PvE unless I fully relocate everything I have due to Pookalover12 surrounding every buildable position with pillar + ladder spam.

    Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war. - I witnessed her dragging a Thera over to my base in an attempt to kill 2 Brontos I have outside, since I cannot keep them inside due to my inability to build.

    However, as soon as the ticket was "resolved" I logged back in while being SAFELY logged out in my house and saw that I was dead, my tribemate was dead, and the clan I had reported now owned my dino I had on my inventory in a CryoPod, and had parked it outside my front door...

    Did I just get griefed for reporting grief, while nothing happened to the offender??

    submitted by /u/Bulevine
    [link] [comments]

    They absolutely did not fix fire wyverns

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 10:44 PM PDT

    Crashes or Can't Connect?? Seems to just crash the internet connection entirely... (PC)

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 09:58 PM PDT

    My husband and I have been trying to play ARK on our computers side-by-side but it just will not work. We have brand new computers and otherwise excellent 1GB internet connection through a hard wire. Nothing else has had any issues whatsoever, online or otherwise.

    Whenever one of us loads the servers it seems okay with normal pings to NA Official servers but then when we try to connect it either says the connection failed or begins to load only to crash. As time progresses and we try again or refresh the list it seems that our ping begins to fluctuate to ridiculous numbers (10k+) and the connection fails. It's gotten so bad before that our internet seemed to just go out? WiFi wouldn't connect on our phones, Xbox disconnected, etc. just because we had the ARK server list open, as far as I can tell.

    We just want to play on official NA servers. We're from Xbox and we were able to play on official NA servers there with our current IP and router settings so... I'm confused.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/AshleyKetchum
    [link] [comments]

    Improve Performance (SP XBOX ONE)?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 08:15 PM PDT

    Hey, all! Any tips to improve the performance of the game on Xbox One? Graphics settings I may have overlooked or maybe even something within my Xbox preferences I can change that will help it deal with the game better? lol

    I know there's only so much that can be done but I get that annoying thing where everything runs smooth, freezes completely for a second, then goes back to being smooth again. Anything I can do to reduce that would be great!

    This was happening even when I first jumped back into it, so there were no structures to cause lag. I play with the HUD/names off a lot. There's also this occasional appearance of a grainy texture over the game, but that happens rarely so it's not a big concern.

    submitted by /u/hyperphonics
    [link] [comments]

    First time facing this issue. I'm thinking it's related to me effectively disabling local host tether.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    XP Help

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 01:19 PM PDT

    Hey... i'm level 11 in ragnarok and i don't know how to level up fast... i need to get tranq arrows to tame a trike, but i'm too low level.

    Thanks, Maudjin

    submitted by /u/Onidanku
    [link] [comments]

    How to get wyvern milk

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 12:21 AM PDT

    can you kill unclaimed baby gigas for giga hearts?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    title

    theyre so rare on valguero

    submitted by /u/HanzoOneTrick
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to join an active official tribe

    Posted: 22 Aug 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    I'm looking to join an Active official tribe

    My Discord: AdamOfUni#1699

    Level 95 Character

    Age: 18 - Gender: Male. - Are you in a tribe: No. - Days Played: 5500 hours. - Your skills: I'm equally skilled at all task. - Favorite task/job: Breeding, raising, farming, building and a bit of PVP. - How can you help the tribe: I can help by raising dinos and farm. - Timezone: Central standard time. - When can you be on: any time. - How long a day are you on: 8-16 hours sometimes more.

    Why do you want to join a tribe: I would like to join a tribe because I wanna get back to ark and play with some people plus have nothing else to do.

    submitted by /u/AdamOfUni
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel