• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 10, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved “Video games cause violence!”

    ARK: Survival Evolved “Video games cause violence!”


    “Video games cause violence!”

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 10:36 PM PDT

    The Quetzalboatlus

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    When the Alpha with tek decide to do a base check

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    Huge issue with HLN-A, Needs fixed ASAP

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:44 AM PDT

    The new HLN-A skin is really cool, I immediately bought the season pass when I saw that it came with the pre-order. After using it for a couple days I've run into a huge issue with it though. For some unknown reason it's been programmed with an extremely loud, obnoxious voice that triggers all the time and can't be turned down or muted. It even happens everytime you or your dino shit's, which if the developers didn't know, that alone is every minute or two. It's like hearing a bad knock knock joke over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. You can try to ignore it for a while, but if subjected to it for too long it can cause serious real life consequences.

    I play Ark with my entire family and we've all bought the season pass so we could get a family photo with our HLN-A skins. It only took 2 hours of wearing them before we noticed some serious side effects with my grandparents. My grandpappy started to think there were voices everywhere he went and couldn't figure out what it was. He was so paranoid he stole my parents car, he cant legally drive, and he still hasn't come back yet. When we came back from looking for him, we found my gramama in a coma still in her gaming chair with ark open.

    If anyone at Wildcard see's this please add a mute button before it's too late and more people get hurt.

    submitted by /u/Kaykon
    [link] [comments]

    Wyvern TLC

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    Lets face it, though the Wyvern may be cool and it gets by with its capabilities now, I imagine I'm not the only one that feels like this multi-day raise, milk-sucking monstrosity deserves to be a bit more special.

    I think a really important thing to consider is making unique Wyverns more...unique, make each Wyvern really fill a niche different from the others, and not just have them be the same thing with different breath attacks. I'm not talking just gameplay though, I'm thinking a complete overhaul of their visuals to encapsulate what these new unique wyverns do.


    Make the unique UNIQUE

    Make the Lightning Wyvern (who already looks vaguely aquatic) a mount capable of diving in the water and swimming well, staying under water dismounted, and fighting in the water and most definitely make them immune to things like jellyfish and eels (lightning, duh!). Allow them to use a pulse of lightning in the water that does something similar to those two creatures, or perhaps instead of using their breath in the water they create this electrical DPS field around themselves that can be toggled. Stun, damage, or both.

    I think Fire Wyverns should be the staple Wyvern, the poster boy of them since he is Mr. Fire (the alpha only comes in fire, after all) so we need to give him an overhaul as well, but maybe not as drastically as the others since he is the personification of a Wyvern. Basically, I'd just want to give him more options, such as a longer range flame breath and maybe the ability to shoot exploding fireballs as well; could be quite fun, though I don't have many bright ideas when it comes to fire.

    Poison Wyvern. Now this is a curious bugger, basically a giant Dilo on steroids, I feel like we should really feed into the whole poison, acidic aesthetic and perhaps make him more like a fast, rapid reptile. Still an imposing wyvern for sure but make him a little smaller and lower health but give him both agility in the air as well as on the ground, perhaps give him the ability to do dashes and lunges and instead of the poison gas ball, perhaps give him a stream of acidic, noxious goo that exudes the same damaging gas but also adds an armor debuff to what it touches.

    As for Ice Wyverns, we all know the Mana does what the Ice Wyvern should have, and that is freeze shit, so I'm not sure where to go with this one. I have literally no ideas and I'd love to hear what you guys might have in mind. I might edit this in the future if I come up with something.


    Now, as for general changes to all the wyverns that would be nice QOL, which basically comes down to an easier to control flight system (look at the control you have with a snow owl vs an Argentavis, that kind of difference) I'm not saying the Wyv shouldn't have wide turns like it does now, but make it so you can land it much more easily and give it the ability to stop on a dime like a lot of other flyers, the slowly-moving-forward thing after stopping is an annoying, stale mechanic that I wish no flyer had.

    A second change I'd really like to see is that all the breath attacks are as easily turned off and on as the Managarmr. The Mana's breath attack is fantastically versatile and weaponized, and I'd love to see the mighty Wyvern, who currently is all about their breath attack, have the same sort of lethality and control over their own horrendous halitosis.


    These are just my opinions, things I've been wanting for a long time and things I might not be alone in wanting; just thought I'd share my ideas and dreams and see if anyone else would like to apply their own input to them.

    TL;DR Lightning aquatic splashy boi with lightning aoe, fire boi more fire more boi, poison lad fast as fuk boi also ACID. Let da bois spit good like giant ice cat and give better flight control for maximum danger zone

    submitted by /u/Cuttlefishophile
    [link] [comments]

    Right click Tek Gauntlets not possible with HLN-A

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:51 AM PDT

    Go ahead, try to do the Tek gauntlet attack with HLN-A companion out.

    WC please fix, this is Pay to Lose right now :(

    submitted by /u/BarrowsKing
    [link] [comments]

    Ark Valguero Forsaken Oasis Entrance?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    Hey guys, where is the Entrance for the Forsaken Oasis?

    submitted by /u/Sgt_NoHand
    [link] [comments]

    Dont mind me just Reminiscing bout the good ole days of Ark!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Basilos randomly dying on depth and having their Oxygen bar drained to insta die is still a problem :(

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    Basil3.0 here I come :(

    This is the second Basilo that I've bred and raised that has instantly died like this :(

    It randomly happens at depths or it will happen once you get hit by a salmon and its oxygen reaches 0.

    I gave this basilo God mode and infinitestats to get rid of the oxygen bar because last time I didn't give it god mode it just died instantly. I am not sure if the oxygen bar was still there with this one but just invisible :(

    submitted by /u/HammerTrollerHD
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I find an Argy like this?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    DLC model seems weird

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    Hello! Recently I got a friend into Ark, who pulled in other friends. Initially we were unsure about the game so grabbed just the base game. As you can guess, we ended up loving it, and have been playing it like crazy since then.

    I had a look at the DLC to see if the experience could be made even better, but it seems like they are all new maps where all the new content is contained. If I could throw money at the game to get more things to build, more dinos to find, and even more map to explore, I would do so in a heartbeat. But the way that all the new content is cordoned off in its own maps makes me hesitant. I don't want to travel to another map, and since we are renting a dedicated server we also can't.

    Is there any point at all to the DLC if you're not able to change maps? It seems like a really weird way to do it, and I can't imagine it's good for sales. I just want everything on one gigantic map.

    submitted by /u/LevelStudent
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of my first mutated dino

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    Valguero spawn issues in Abby cave on unofficial?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    Recently our server hasn't been seeing any dinos spawn in the Valguero Abby cave. The server has had no tweaks or changes since the spawns were appearing there; they've only stopped spawning since the last week or so. Did repeated dino wipes, no changes, no dinos respawning.

    Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/ArkFrore
    [link] [comments]

    POLL : Would you rather have conquest mode return or classic season 2?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    I personally had a lot more fun in Conquest compared to classic mode, i'm curious what people here on reddit think of bringing it back?

    Here is the poll:
    https://www.strawpoll.me/18455784

    I would do some tweaks to conquest:
    No titan transfer for conquest for 6 + months or no titan transfer?
    No cave building

    limit tribes to 10-15 players

    increase rates to x3

    submitted by /u/MrDolphin001
    [link] [comments]

    Is it really 4x?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:38 AM PDT

    Haven't played since Atlas dropped. Heard about Genesis and then a 4x event so figured I'd screw around on Ark this weekend.

    Anyways. I have a level 100 on console. On official pvp. Transferred to Valguero and have been picking up rocks but I'm only getting 3 rocks per grab. If it was 4x shouldn't I be getting 8 or at the least 4?

    Also, the harvesting health seems way off and broken. Every tree goes down in 2 or 3 hits max. Same with boulders. And I never yield more than 50 stone or wood per harvest.

    Anyone else having these issues on Xbox? Doesn't seem like 4x at all. Especially when everything destroys after 3 hits.

    submitted by /u/TeknicallyChallenged
    [link] [comments]

    I can't see taming effitivness after knowing dinos out

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    I'm playing a single player game so the "server" goes down she. I log off, I've had this issue earlier on the map as well. I get the blue popup window when I'm close to the tame, but there's nothing about effectivity in it. Is it a bug or a new setting somewhere?

    submitted by /u/Trippeltdigg
    [link] [comments]

    killing Cnidaria

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    Monster Hunter Mod ARK

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:06 AM PDT

    I know the original got taken down a year to two ago but recently iv been seeing you tubers using a newer version but i juts cannot find it anywhere. Anyone got the link or know where i can find it?

    submitted by /u/CatherineSnow001
    [link] [comments]

    Theory - Beaver Dams sometimes spawn without paste

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    Change my mind!

    submitted by /u/wepo
    [link] [comments]

    Val abb dino spawns bugged

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    dinos arent spawning in abb on Val since the update. fix this.

    submitted by /u/patchyfinebottom
    [link] [comments]

    Not able to go to other maps as the same survivor

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:18 AM PDT

    So I've beat the bosses and ascended on all maps except Scorched (since I don't have that dlc), but I can't seem to find a way to progress to Extinction after defeating Rockwell. I'm instead brought back to the main menu. If I select Extinction, I'm brought to character creation with no option to use the one I used on Aberration. If I get back onto Aberration then I'm still brought to creation and the survivor I was playing as before is totally lost, skins, fancy new implant, and all. I've tried using obelisks, terminals, and transmitters to see if I could upload/download any survivors but all it does if I try is let me do the fast travel thing. I can't even go between arks as the same character without ascending. There's no way for me to jump between as far as I can tell. I'm playing on PS4 in single player. I don't use official servers or make my own dedicated sessions and stuff. Every time I ascend the game just acts like it never happened. What is going on or what am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/FandomTrashForLife
    [link] [comments]

    Broodmother Question

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:10 AM PDT

    What would her alignment be? Would she be lawful neutral like the overseer considering her place in the system, unaligned since animal, or something else like lawful evil?

    submitted by /u/mindflayerflayer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel