• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 26, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved - when you whistle attack all

    ARK: Survival Evolved - when you whistle attack all


    when you whistle attack all

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    Little fuckers........(Decided to remake an old meme)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    Such a travesty...

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 10:51 PM PDT

    Me thinking about all the dinos im gunna tame when i get home from school...

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    Wish me luck I’m bout to start the alpha fight

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    My t rex when i give him mutton for the first time (yes his name is rex ramsay)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 04:24 AM PDT

    Chaaaaarge!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 09:04 AM PDT

    Epic Gamer Title

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 12:26 AM PDT

    My adventure with ark: survival evolved

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    When I was playing with my friends on gta they told me about this new game that was in preview (Xbox beta) and told me I should buy it immediately and after reading the description and watching the trailers I instantly paid $15 for a game that would take me through a journey I didn't expect.

    I'm in no way trying to draw this game in a negative light because if it weren't for some bs with kiting or glitching I never would have met the friends I have today.

    When I first played ark I was addicted to it and didn't stop playing for years, I first played single player with my school friends for 2 years but when they moved and stopped playing I went to officiall pve primitive plus when it was big. On that server I got to experience just a little bit of what ark really was I started out with nothing but a raft from my sister who had just tamed a trike. On that raft I got to experience the grind of building a house after finding a spot that wasn't pillared and dealing with the occasional raptor or carno I played prim+ for about a year and got tired of dealing with the other tribes fighting so I took a break from ark and let my stuff decay I had a scorched earth server but I didn't get too far with it after raising a couple wyverns but it was deleted due to the great migration.

    I had moved from Virginia to Tennessee and after getting everything moved in I was wanting to play ark again because of aberration just then released and that's where I met arks glitches and exploits galore, I had a base by the edge of blue and green zone right above the drake trench I had one day met this somewhat established player named starplayer because of a trade for a drake egg and he eventually told me about his friends were just starting a new ragnarok server and that he would like for me to join him build it up for wyverns because he never played scorched so he didn't know how to raise them. That ragnarok server is where I met my best friends and worst enemies, I've never had so much fun and anger in me at the same time when I'd get a 190 poison egg but disconnect and die shortly after. Star player and I had built a full metal base filled with gigas and wyvs and his Scottish friend and British girl were very good at grinding metal and artifacts but eventually starplayer left because he had met a girl and she didn't like him playing a "baby game" he said

    I was left with the wyverns and gigas and could've taken everything from his friends but I decided to stay and try and get to know them and I'm happy I did because we were unstoppable, we would destroy every tribe that dared to fight us or kite us, we went on from fighting players to fighting alpha bosses. WE.KILLED.THEM.ALL and I still remember that first alpha rag fight we had every tame ever and were known as silver moon by the time we were getting bored I decided to try and get everything for the last boss fight..ROCKWELL! I had never even attempted him from all the frustration of others who attempted him told me and also side note at about that time hod gaming was banned for exposing the mesh tactics and I was starting to lose my faith in wildcard (this is my opinion guys ok I don't play ark anymore so i don't know if they fixed it and it's perfect or worse, I just didn't like how they globally banned him over a video). So I was telling them about Rockwell and who he's the last boss we need to fight and they agreed on 1 condition, that I supplied everything for the fight and summoning for alpha and I agreed instantly because even after 4 years of playing ark I had never actually fully obtained everything for a fight by myself and believe me it was a chore to get the alpha king barbs when you're scared as **** of the surface and the constant disconnection issues up there further pushing my attitude towards wildcard but looking at it now The most memorable parts were the challenges and fear of the surface reapers and it's disconnecting issues. I had gotten all the artifacts and tributes for the fight and shotguns and shells and health cures.

    The rush and teamwork to find the perfect drop spot to start the fight was challenging and frustrating but memorable and fun.

    In my opinion, Rockwell is the coolest and most challenging for teamwork. (We had an extinction server and were good at it but I personally don't like extinction or at least the boss king titan because we fought the alpha and got crap loot and it just overall wasn't challenging enough for me and I even solo'd the alpha king because we were gonna let extinction decay.)

    When we finally found a drop and got organized, we started it up and I'm not going to lie, I knew this fight would be my last on ark and was revved up and ready to fight but I was scared when the timer started because I thought of the disconnect possibility and all of us die and lose everything. But I'm glad that I was proven wrong and we got teleported in and in my entire 5 years of playing ark I had never felt so scared and tiny, but pumped up when Rockwell screams and slowly rises up out of the molten element, it was awesome and will never leave my mind of him rising up and screaming and that feeling of "we are so FUCKED". We beat Rockwell with 5 minutes left because of a player who died wouldn't stop complaining about his death was bs and that we should all die and restart we tried to get him to calm down but he insisted that we all die and restart so I kicked him out of the tribe and the party (he was a random guy from ragnarok that wanted to fight Rockwell) and we went back to our fight and after we killed him I ..... I never thought that I would actually feel like we had beaten the game especially since we played since day 1 for five years and I never thought I'd 100% ark but I did and it felt like I was actually ascending with my friends after the fight.

    I know this is a lot to read but I didn't even really talk or go into detail about extinction, scorched earth, or a lot of aberration but It would have been too long.

    All in all I just want to say, even after all the setbacks of the great migration and updates from wildcard and the breaks I'd take after getting bored I still had tons of fun with ark and met people who I never would've met if i didn't get kited or setback, it definitely was frustrating and made me want to just stop playing and play something else but I didn't and I'm happy I didn't.

    Ark definitely had/had issues today and probably will forever but I'm never going to forget ark it was the most addictive and challenging and fun game I've played and I've met tons of friends and enemies from it that I would never have the enjoyment of meeting and playing with.

    This story of my ark experience is not trying to show or hide issues with ark it's literally my take and experience with this game and I hope you can respect that. It's nice to tell this to you because it may be an eye opener or make you look back at your journey of ark, that is all I will say. Goodbye and happy arking.

    submitted by /u/GDRAGN
    [link] [comments]

    Gosh I love this game.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 07:35 PM PDT

    Ps4 couch co-op question.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    Is ARKs ps4 local co-op good? Trying to find something to play with my gf. We really liked 7d2d and this seems to be similiar. I read that the co-op is very buggy and menu texts are too small to read but all those reviews were couple years old so is it different nowdays?

    submitted by /u/Zontiss
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot to post this, but I'm super excited to be breeding my Spinos and Theris for eggs!! Im gonna be breeding for color traits soon! (Also, just began playing the center and Valgeuro, and their both so cool!)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    Placed my generator next to a trough and now it looks like cyclops squidward

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    Has it happened to you guys?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    The payoff of several weeks of mutating different dinos into some nostalgic colours and honestly, it’s time well spent

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    Ark life����

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 11:02 AM PDT

    Ran into a Rainbow on the way back to the base

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    Ark Guide/Cheat-Sheet for Beginnners

    Posted: 25 Sep 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    Ark guide for the New and Intermediate.

    This guide is from a solo perspective and intended for a PvE solo/singleplayer or small tribe.

    .............

    Make your base and perimeter walls at bare minimum out of stone tier, most dinos will break wood, but not stone. Alpha dinos WILL break stone, but not metal.

    Always having a pike on you and wearing flak armor will help you survive getting pounced by raptors. Even primitive stuff helps a big deal.

    Get your health to 400 long term (having the spare health has saved me from many disasters in caves and other situations when I've been pounced off my mount etc).

    Fortitude to 50 (makes a difference, specially in aberration and scorched earth) it helps your insulation, so you can tolerate more temperature ranges before you begin overheating or feeling cold, this will also reduce your food and water drain.

    Once you have equipment with better insulation values you can probably drop from 50 to 10-20 and invest the other points elsewhere. But beware that fortitude also gives you a higher torpidity tolerance, being able to take 2-3 scorpion jabs versus being knocked unconscious by just 1 can be the difference between a close call and a disaster. That's why I personally go for 50 fortitude(25 points invested).

    Weight to 300 lets you carry a decent amount. Others like to go 400-500 on weight. With recent changes to armor weight values, I go to 400 now.

    ..........

    General Dino utility guide for you

    Rex for meat and hide

    Diedicurus for stone

    Anky for metal and flint

    Castoroides for wood (roll rat in aberration)

    Therizino for fiber (level up delicate harvesting)(good at wood too, level up power harvesting, have beaver or argy on follow to offload)

    Bronto for berries (will end up with plenty of thatch and wood too, have argy on your platform saddle to offload wood and thatch)

    Megatherium for thatch (does end up with a bunch of wood too so have your beaver or an argy on follow to offload)

    Bear for honey (decent at berries and fiber, best option for fiber in aberration)

    Baryonyx best at caves

    Sabertooth cat is best for chitin

    Ravager and megalosaurus are good at chitin and organic poly in aberration (kill crabs and trilobites)

    Pelagornis for organic polymer(kill the penguins)

    Dung beetle for fertilizer

    Achatina for cementing paste

    Bee hives for honey

    Beelzebuffo(frog) also gets cementing paste when you eat ants and dragonflies with it. Best place for it is swamp cave, located in western redwoods where the pond is. The first tunnel of the cave, bugs are up to lvl 450 (beware of arthroplueras, they are very lethal).

    Ovis for wool (use scissors to shear, don't kill. Wool takes care of your pelt needs, no need to farm pelt)

    Angler (water dino) good for silica pearls

    Dunkleosteus (water dino) good for oil

    Equus(horse) is a mobile mortar and pestle

    Argy is a flying smithy (has weight reduction for many resources)

    ..........

    For a more cookie cutter minimalist setup, you need to know your priorities and not waste time where you don't need to.

    Keep your main base small and compact, with plenty of storage, make a separate building as a hatchery, and a separate building to be a dino pen to hold your kibble dinos and utility dinos.

    Having separate structures for your hatchery and kibble/utility dinos will help keep lag more manageable, and also your kibble/utility dinos won't be eating up the food troughs that are for your hatchlings.

    Make a separate kitchen building with an industrial cooker, a few refrigerators, and a crop farm. You can attach this as a side structure to your main base if you want, and just run pipes to a water source.

    Focus on having the kibble dinos that are relevant only, tame low lvls (only need them for eggs), have 1 male and several females, and get an oviraptor to boost egg production.

    Tame up achatinas, raiding beaver dams for cementing paste won't be enough later on, and farming chitin and stone to make cp takes too long.

    Get beehives for honey, beetles for fertilizer. Get some tree platforms up and sap taps.

    You can make due with just doed, anky, beaver, therizino, argy, angler, and baryonyx. And breeding raid dinos (Rex, therizino, yuti, daeodon)

    [in aberration, karkinos is your argy replacement, the crab can pick up your tames and take them to resources, as long as the crab has enough weight and can move, you can carry your overburdened resource dino].

    Doed for stone (use grinder to turn stone into flint), anky for metal and berries, a beaver or therizino(power harvesting) for wood and another one for fiber(delicate harvesting) [grinder to turn wood into thatch]. In Aberration Bear is your fiber dino and Roll Rat is your wood dino.

    Grinder will also grind up useless saddles and equipment you get from drops.

    Once you have tek unlocked, that's when you will need to start breeding mosas and squids to be able to farm black pearls with more ease.

    With new dinos from extinction and valguero. You can further optimize.

    Gachas can provide you with the harder to come by resources. Such as black pearls, obsidian etc.

    End game dinos like rockdrake, reaper, wyvern, giga, mosa and squid, just make life easier for you, giving you more power once you are able to get your hands on these.

    The endgame meta changes every time new content or patches are released. You can consider this Cheat-Sheet/Guide to be obsolete with the release of genesis maps and dinos. At least until we know what we are getting and what will be possible at that point.

    ..........

    Starting a kibble farm, for new players.

    Assuming you are starting out and already have a tamed trike to help you get berries and seeds, maybe got a raptor to help with meat. You already unlocked large crop plots and water pipes.

    Start by making a 4x4 box at least 2 walls high with access to a nearby source of water. Put 3 large crop plots per type of advanced crop(12 total) [advanced crops are rockarrots, longgrass, savoroot, and citronal], put 1-2 preserving bins, a cooking pot and 1-3 cooking fires in there to turn this into a cooking station so to speak.

    I included a video showing my first crop farm, for visual reference. This is after I had upgraded it from stone to metal.

    Next step is getting some beetles, ideally you want at least 2 to get your fertilizer production up and running quickly. You can just use spoiled meat to tame them.

    Now you will need to start taming your egg production dinos.

    For basic kibble you need extra small eggs. The best source is dodos, I suggest you tame up 1 male and 10-15 females.

    For simple kibble you need small eggs. The best option is raptors because they take up little space and you can line up a bunch easily.

    For regular kibble you need medium eggs. The easiest early source you can get is scorpions, because they only take spoiled meat to tame. Later on I like to get baryonyx and line those up like raptors.

    For superior kibble you need large eggs. Your easiest source will be argys, they are relatively easy to come by and tame. It is at this point you will want to setup sap taps for a steady supply of sap.

    For exceptional kibble you need extra large eggs. At this point you will want therizinos and rexes. After the kibble rework, therizinos are even easier to tame if you already have rexes. For a Rex you need a behemoth gate size dino pen or base, best to just keep them outside, but standing on foundations so the eggs don't glitch through the map.

    For extraordinary kibble you need special eggs. These are eggs obtained by special means, Rockdrake eggs(Aberration), Wyvern eggs(Scorched Earth), Deinonychus eggs(Valguero), and golden hesperonis eggs, depending on the map you are in. Yutyrannus eggs are also in this category.

    Some tribes get rid of their entire kibble farm dinos and replace them with the highest tier, like Rex, therizinos, bronto etc. depending on the map and dino availability.

    I personally prefer to keep a kibble farm with all tiers, because I rather use lower tiers of kibble which is cheaper to produce, for taming lower tier dinos, instead of using the highest tier kibble which is more expensive to produce. It comes down to personal preference.

    To have an easy supply of honey you want to tame up at least 2-4 bees. You just need rare flowers. It helps throwing a glow stick on the queen bee when you see her so you can follow her movement more easily while taming.

    Make your dino pen according to these particular dinos, think ahead on how to optimize space to fit everything in there in a nice and organized way and make sure to leave room for your utility dinos (anky, doed, beaver/roll-rat, a therizino/bear for fiber).

    If you have access to Bronto in your map, making a saddle platform base with multiple fridges and a chem bench can make your narcotics runs significantly easier. Fridge slot-capped with 48 stacks of spoiled meat, a single run through the swamp, come back home with 4800 narcotics per fridge, plus extra berries.

    ..............

    Starter crop farm stand-alone structure. You could also make the base as wide as the top and add more fridges or industrial grills to the bottom if you wish to make it an all around cooking station.

    https://youtu.be/mId_89cAmGY

    Here's a taming boat design that is capable of taming all of the dinos listed here.(spino and giga are too big for this boat, need a different type of trap for those).

    https://youtu.be/SJ6ytMG6XPk

    submitted by /u/Valeyu20
    [link] [comments]

    Can otters even be hit while they're on your shoulder?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 10:37 AM PDT

    I don't know how careful I need to be with them

    submitted by /u/Astilimos
    [link] [comments]

    How to guarantee stats on eggs?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    I always see people they can "guarantee" a specific stat on an egg, how is that possible?

    submitted by /u/Musella74
    [link] [comments]

    Quite new to ark and I’m only level 38. Is it normal for a level 2 Pteranodon not to tame at 98.7% ?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    Looking for PC unofficial server: classic flyers + small tribes?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    My friend and I have been searching for a server on PC. We play on official at the moment, and our only obstacle to finding an unofficial one is the stupid rates some servers have (25x wth?) as well as mods that make the game too easy.

    Are there any mods out there that have just classic flyers with small tribes and s+? Or something like that?

    submitted by /u/theRevvB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel