• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 9, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved The ark creature everyone forgets about

    ARK: Survival Evolved The ark creature everyone forgets about


    The ark creature everyone forgets about

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:07 AM PST

    I just implemented some changes to how Dododex tips are ranked based on your feedback

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:37 PM PST

    Hey guys! I made some updates to Dododex's tips based on feedback brought up by users.

    The Issues You Brought Up

    1. Some popular tips are old and outdated, and it's difficult to push them down because they have so many upvotes
    2. Popular tips just keep getting more popular
    3. New tips are rarely ever seen, and even if they are, they have almost no chance to rise
    4. I always see the same tips.

    The Changes I Made

    I recently pushed out an update that addresses these issues! The new algorithm is no longer based on score alone. Age of the tips are now factored into ranking, and newer tips receive an extra boost. This means you won't always be seeing the same old tips each time you check the app.

    How the NEW ranking algorithm works:

    1. Tips are ranked based on their score (upvotes minus downvotes) relative to when it was posted.
    2. Tips posted within the past 6 months will get a boost, and the significance of this boost fades out as it gets closer to 6 months.
    3. Very recent tips get a significant boost. You'll likely see new tips with a few upvotes ranked highly.

    Notes:

    • This change was already pushed live to everyone's apps (no App Store update needed).
    • I'll be watching the data and may make adjustments to the algorithm.
    • Looking at the initial data, the hourly average age of tips being voting has been significantly decreasing ever since the change was implemented, meaning more and more new tips are getting exposure.
    • The effect of this change will compound, since new tips will keep rising and those will receive more votes.
    • The Dododex app and site caches tips, so it may take a few days for this change to fully take effect if you've recently browse a creature's tips.

    How You Can Help Improve Dododex's Tips!

    • Share your feedback on the new algorithm update! How do you like seeing newer tips more frequently?
    • Report and downvote old, outdated tips.
    • Report and downvote offensive, spammy, or intentionally misleading tips.
    • Report tips that are miscategorized. Funny/joke tips are only allowed in other categories if they are actually helpful too.
    • Report tips that are about Dododex data errors or feature requests. A lot of users have been posting "Upvote if you think Dododex should add X!" or "This creature can't be carried by an Argent. Upvote so Dododex sees!" -- I truly appreciate this, but this is the worst way to get your request noticed, and isn't helpful to people who are looking for actual tips. I have a dedicated Feature Request and Data Error channel and I get notified about every single one of those. Sometimes I come across data errors in tips months later, and those tips could potentially prevent users from actually reporting the errors directly to me.
    submitted by /u/danlev
    [link] [comments]

    Mek Warz

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:54 AM PST

    WC devs you guys have seriously got to do something about the duped god meks running all over officials pvp servers. Before duping was so rampant there were very few of these god tier gobots around bc getting the bp and the materials plus getting lucky with a good craft skill wasn't very easy so the few people that did have them were careful with using them. Now god meks outnumber mediocre meks so you're getting hit with 450+ Melee that can enrage gigas and shred any tame from distance. Plus since most tribes have at least a cryo fridge full there is no worry about suiciding them against entire bases. There has got to be something done, ark has become a Transformers mmo now, nerf the gun damage to that of normal tek saddle blasters, nerf the rocket boots, delete every mek over level 250, just do something bc these things are ruining the game. Why waste time raising dinos when you can just dupe meks all day? And before people cry about it, if you don't have access to an army of these killer robots then you are just screwed on official pvp. There is absolutely no way to get large numbers of god stat meks by normal game play, bps are rare, cost is high and craft skill is RNG. But that's how it was intended to be, having great meks was supposed to be rare not literally hundreds of the same 3-4 meks, I've been playing official pvp since beta and this is worse than its ever been, forget duped gear and duped dinosaurs, that's got nothing on the mek warz that's killing the game now.

    submitted by /u/z0mbiebaby
    [link] [comments]

    Asia Officials finally being region-locked!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:42 PM PST

    PSA: don't even upload valguero wyvern eggs to the ob. It'll delete those, too.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 07:16 AM PST

    Brand new level 190 ice wyvern egg got deleted from the ob 2 hours after I uploaded it. Full decay timer.

    Only thing I can think is that it was the valguero variant that can't be transferred because it'll delete or turn into a raptor, just like the snow elemental, white cliffs elemental, and polar bear.

    Devs can you fix these bugs already, pretty please?

    submitted by /u/msjs91011
    [link] [comments]

    [Fan Suggestion] Here’s a heavy, post-apocalyptic gaming playlist for Playark. Give it a shot! Hope you use it and enjoy it a lot!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:34 AM PST

    is it still x2?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 09:45 AM PST

    i know the breeding event is over but for some reason i think im getting more resources than i would on regular... im not sure... is x2 resources active still?

    submitted by /u/CurseMark87
    [link] [comments]

    Ark won't update and I can't join servers.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 09:35 AM PST

    I'm trying to join a server with 301.1 using 300.0. My ark won't update.

    - I'm using Linux

    - I have tried to update ark with Steamcmd

    - When I'm trying to join thru steam>view>servers, it gives me a Network failure message "Unable to query server info for invite".

    submitted by /u/u2miner
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to cut a tribemates hair on official PVE servers?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 04:44 AM PST

    I found old posts saying it is possible and there are people on my server who had their styles done by others years back, but I could not get it to work.

    submitted by /u/4350P
    [link] [comments]

    Don't you consider stacking mod as cheating?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 08:00 AM PST

    Hello I am playing ark only single player alone but I am struggling with the stuff I need to go several times if I need to build something and last couple of days I build metal walls around my base for total 30-40k metal and it was pain to move everything but my biggest problem is meat to feed my dinos. The meat stacks only to 20 and I am collecting a lot of dinos and its kinda problem for me when I am doing anything else I cant bother go near feeding through everytime and think about it that's why I thought about the stacking mod it will help me a lot I will give only one big stack and everything will eat...but I have problems with stacking materials like metal, stone and wood I would consider it cheating because I would be able to carry a lot of wood and stuff what do you guys think ?

    submitted by /u/Rauzje
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone explain what..."Network backend upgrades..." means?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 06:10 AM PST

    I read these patch notes as "Did stuff, higher patch number".

    Like the code was upgraded? How does this affect our experience? Will everyone notice these improvement? etc etc.

    submitted by /u/air401
    [link] [comments]

    Breeding for Mutations

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 12:29 AM PST

    Should I keep the original tames & only use the mutated offspring to breed or keep using the offspring to breed mutations?

    submitted by /u/ProxyHarmonics
    [link] [comments]

    Best Heavy-to-Tek turret ratio?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:49 PM PST

    I'm wondering what the best ratio of turrets is to have.
    I usually have about 25% of my turrets as Tek, and all the rest as heavies.
    Is this a good amount? Let's say the base is turret capped at 100.
    20-30 Tek seems like a good number for taking care of golems and their knockback effect.
    Obviously you need a mix of both for a good base. That much simply cannot be debated. I'm just wondering if having more Teks than heavies makes any sense.

    submitted by /u/deskphone1
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously, FUCK ARK

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 07:34 AM PST

    For the third time, I am unable to see any official survers, any of my favorite servers, or my survivers.

    Last time this happened, I tried everything possible to resolve this shit. Including reformatting my fucking computer,to NO AVAIL. Then magically one day, it reappeared. I have never in my life delt with more bullshit. I'm the owner of a tribe, and now I can't even get in to help them, or use my character that has over 200 hours into him.

    FUCK YOU ARK. FUCK. YOU.

    submitted by /u/WeveSeenBuildings
    [link] [comments]

    i flew above an obelisk, got re spawned and now my stuff and bird is missing?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:06 PM PST

    Question about boss order

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 05:07 PM PST

    Hi beautiful Ark players, after messing around with the game for months I'm finally interested in trying boss fights, but I'm curious about the order they should be fought in, and was wondering if better players than me might have advice.

    Essentially, I'm wondering if, in terms of fighting bosses from easiest to hardest, I should go through each boss difficulty before moving onto the next (gamma/beta/alpha broodmother, then the three megapithecus levels, then the dragon, etc.) or if I should do each boss on gamma level, then each boss on beta, then alpha, etc.

    Does anyone have any recommendations for the best order to take on these guys? thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/DefinitelySteveIrwin
    [link] [comments]

    PC L4 Dragon Group to join, Island, Official Servers PVE

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 04:22 PM PST

    I am trying to unlock the Tek storage boxes and would love to hitch a ride with a group doing the Dragon boss on the Island, on official servers. I need beta or above. Just looking for the engrams. HMU if you have a run I can join. Thanks 😁

    submitted by /u/Bearclaws37
    [link] [comments]

    PvP servers

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:50 PM PST

    Does anyone know a good PvP server unofficial tekdrops and maybe a shop in ps4

    submitted by /u/muzza216
    [link] [comments]

    Private S no longer starting after update

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 02:25 PM PST

    Private S no longer starting after update

    When using "systemctl status arkserver", this error message shows up:

    Server runs Ubuntu 18.04, this occured when trying to update the ark server through SteamCMD.

    Nothing else on the server has changed, no ini file, not the startup script, no additional mod, no system upgrade or router setting changes. Server has been rebooted multiple times, to no effect. Any help greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/pandafrickfrack
    [link] [comments]

    Everytime I hatch

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:35 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel