• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 24, 2021

    ARK: Survival Evolved Who you gonna choose ark fellas.

    ARK: Survival Evolved Who you gonna choose ark fellas.


    Who you gonna choose ark fellas.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    Cuddle Puddle! ��

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    Bulbdog irl

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 12:05 AM PDT

    How it Feels When You Finally Finish Aberration...

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    Got hella frustrated not finding any 150 dinos on The Island so i cranked up the difficulty a bit...wish me luck

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    Can we all remember when squid played rag and was considering legally changing his name to “BOB”

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    Looking for some buddies to join me

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Hey people,

    After playing over 1500 hours of single player of this game on steam (yes I'm that sad) I am bored of being by myself, so I am hoping to find some buddies, as I am creating dedicated servers for a cluster, or maybe for a story experience working through each map etc and have an overall chill experience and make new friends, possibly for other games, I wouldnt mind. Names Josh and I'm 17 and from UK to clarify lol, send a friend request if you would like to join me.

    submitted by /u/DeZerted8
    [link] [comments]

    Probably the reason you can't breed griffins without mods

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    Looking for a friend to play single player with. Hopefully someone also new

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    I'm wanting a buddy or two on a non-dedicated server, I've been playing every evening so far. Mostly wanting someone new, I'm also new and don't want to be carried but still want to figure things out and learn through playing instead of being told. I'm on Ragnarok currently, not on single player mode but I've changed the settings so taming and breeding takes less time and max level is higher than sp mode.

    I can't VC, occasionally my fiancee will hop on but it's mostly just me. I just really want a friend to play with, you don't gotta live in my building we can just be neighbors xD

    submitted by /u/ErosandPragma
    [link] [comments]

    Is Wandering Fixed?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Hi! I've had Ark for quite a while, mainly on PS4 but since my eyes are terrible and my telly blocks the edges of the screen no matter what I do I never really got into survival and just messed around in creative and exploring until recently when I got the game on pc and have actually been able to start playing properly and am having an awesome time, but my quesfion is this;

    Playing singleplayer, I managed to tame a very lovely dung beetle. I know you have to set it on wander for it to change poop to fertilizer and oil similar to the oviraptor egg boost as I have 2 of those, but does the dung beetle have to actually be able to MOVE to create? Only I'm worried since any post involving wandering I've googled from years ago all talk about how when dinos are loaded in before pen constraints (and even cages in one instance!) they will simply be able to waltz out of their own accord and I haven't been able to find any answer about whether wandering as a whole has been fixed to prevent dinos from being able to escape their pens.

    So as of 2021 has wandering been fixed? And also, can I set my beetle to wander but weigh it down with rocks and will it still be able to make oil and fertiliser similar to how I can weigh down oviraptors to prevent them from moving about but still get the egg boost?

    Thanks very much!

    submitted by /u/Jaeger-of-Freiheit
    [link] [comments]

    Reasons I use profanity while playing ark:

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    Accidentally dismounting my argy in middair: 1%

    Purlovia surprise: 1%

    Trying to get my therizinos into the tek cave: 98%

    submitted by /u/t6yl99
    [link] [comments]

    (NEW UPDATE) TOP 3 PvP Base Locations After 24 July Patches! Rathole and alpha tribe

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    This is why you never should attack an admin first

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 05:33 AM PDT

    ARK Memes

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 01:23 AM PDT

    Tek stuff and next map

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    Nearly completed the island and got 1 more thing to do.

    Unlocked tek stuff and was wondering what to get first? What would you all recommend as pearls are rare!!

    Also what map should I warp too next. I want COOL tames.

    submitted by /u/Drildosaggins
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest to hardest boss fights on all maps?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm doing a single player run across all maps (paid and free) and I was wondering which boss fights are the easiest and which are the hardest in order, so that I can work my way up. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Averagewomanheh69
    [link] [comments]

    A New Player's Experience (10 obnoxious problems and 10 easy fixes)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    Okay, first off, I want to start this off by saying I love this game. At its core, this is an amazing game.

    But goddamn, does this game have a lot of shitty issues that shouldn't be hard to fix.

    1. Several times per week, I have had something fall through the world. I've had wild dinos I'm trying to tame disappear, my tames have fallen through the world, and I've even managed to die, while offline, and have my corpse fall through the world.
    2. Getting on a flying tame, even with using the appropriate whistles, is way more of a pain in the ass than it should be.
    3. The process of joining a custom server by the +connect option is hilariously bad. The game loads, then it pops up an accept/cancel window. Regardless of whether you hit accept, cancel, or ignore the window, it starts loading you into the server anyway (lol). It sometimes shows a loading screen, sometimes not, but starts loading mods. Then it either kicks you back to the title screen or the server select screen (but you can't click on anything). Finally, it sends you back into the loading screen, and you load into the client. Since this is such a mess, it makes it difficult to tell if you're hanging, broken, or working as intended.
    4. The commands available to single player / admins are weirdly limited. Features that are easily accessible in the Unreal Engine are mysteriously just not included in Ark.
    5. For some reason, they never renamed the window from the default of "Shooter Game". While this doesn't impact the player experience, I find this amusing.
    6. The mod update process is bad. Having players auto-update their mods as soon as the boot the client just means they can't connect to custom servers that haven't been updated yet.
    7. The building process is laughably bad. 7 Days to Die had a better one when it launched back in 2016 than Ark does now.
    8. The darkness. Holy shit. Okay, so this is a mixed bag. When I'm on foot in the redwoods and I can see nothing? Perfect. I love the tension that creates. When I'm flying on the beach and all I can see is the moon and a shadow of my character? Nonsense. It feels like the developers have never actually been outside after nightfall in their lives. That torches are largely worthless adds insult to injury here.
    9. The dino transfer process for a new map is obnoxiously slow and painful.
    10. The clipping / interaction range is weird and obviously broken. I've had my giga get stuck on a doedicurus tail. I regularly get physically blocked by things, yet bafflingly can't interact with what's blocking me.
    11. The AI is terribad. Trying to get new tames into a pen through gates would be funny if it wasn't so sad. No wonder dinosaurs went extinct.

    So this isn't just a rant post, here's easy fixes for all of these:

    1. Give the admins access to the teleport command that's literally part of the Unreal engine. Failing that, fix your code so shit doesn't fall through all the time (that's not as easy, so just do the first option).
    2. Give us a targeted whistle that tells a targeted dino to come pick us up, and we auto-mount once it's in range.
    3. Give us an option to connect by IP from the server select screen. Just don't swap us off the first loading screen.
    4. Give admins the easy commands that the Unreal engine has - teleport, get actors list, get actor information by id, etc. It should be trivial for an admin to search all the tames on a server, find the one that's fallen through the world, and teleport it back. Instead none of those steps are possible. There's several more than this that should be included.
    5. No change really needed.
    6. Create a setting that players can enable to not update mods until you join a server that needs them.
    7. No easy fixes here, S+ did their job for them so the dev team lucked out.
    8. Give us actual gamma controls? The ones that exist don't seem to do anything.
    9. Just give us a setting to let us upload dinos from anywhere. While I realize that this one can be abused, it's super obvious that you're doing it. If it's still contentious, just make it a custom flag.
    10. If a tame is physically blocking my movement, I should be able to interact with it. You can simply trigger the interaction option for a few seconds after a collision.
    11. No easy fix here, but given that the other 10 are easy or done I'm okay with not having a good idea here.

    The kicker is I experienced all of these issues personally in my first two weeks of playing. For a game that's been out for four years and has the resources that Ark does, it has some frankly sad problems.

    And I'm only writing this rant because I'm unable to play on my custom server, because the admin is unavailable, and there's been a mod update... which my client auto-updated. Even with our server auto-restarting and updating daily, we're still running into this problem regularly.

    submitted by /u/RicterD
    [link] [comments]

    Starwing Strike on Gen2

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    OK, so yesterday they patched Starwing Strike:

    • Made some tweaks to the Starwing Strike race so it can no longer be completed without moving the Astrodelphis.

    Of course, today is the first day I tried to do Alpha. I didn't know about this glitch. I can't even get half way through it. Here's the issues I have.

    1. The Astrodolphus doesn't control like it does normally. You have a mouse pointer (or right stick on your joystick) to control it, and it follows. I get that, but its annoying because I invert my Y, so it goes against everything in my brain to do this mission.

    2. The mouse pointer feels more like you are giving your mount a subtle suggestion. It may or may not follow the cursor. Sometimes when I load in I'll just bounce off of walls the entire time with zero control over where the dolphin goes.

    3. Even the times I do have control, I'll go through walls I was no where near, or just end up going through the ceiling during certain points of the "race".

    So is this just happening to me? Am I doing something completely wrong? Or is this mission just flat out broken?

    submitted by /u/Stiggie00
    [link] [comments]

    Beehives not appearing on island

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    I run an Xbox unofficial server and am noticing no beehives spawning on the island. I did a destroywilddinos and also a server reset with Dino wipe and still no hives.

    I saw some posts about this on ark Reddit back in February - does anyone know what a fix might be?

    submitted by /u/Hovmaster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel