• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 10, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Imprints on Extinction tames

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    Hope someone can help, my friends and I have a small, paid for server. We are finding that when we imprint things like the Snow Owls and then Cryopod, and then release them again their movement speed is increasing. It gets to the point the server lags the animals move so quick. What was being put down to a glitch to begin with is now a serious problem.

    We thought originally it was our server settings, we wiped the server and started again but the same thing happens. Playing on PS4 so no mods.

    Any ideas folks? Are things like the Velo's and Owl's bugged that way?

    submitted by /u/SlapshotTommy
    [link] [comments]

    He came out of nowhere.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    Best hosting service for higher population ?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    I have had a lot of bad luck finding a host in the past year and I suspect it's because so many use linux which research shows do not perform as well as windows. I also suspect most hosts cram customers on the same machine limiting the performance output which is lame. I've had a lot of hosts lie to me and claim it's my mods or settings even when running without any mods at all. I've tried survival servers, host havoc, arkservers.io and streamline and each experience was similar. Can't have more than 30 people on a server without it lagging. Custom service varies.... sometimes days without a response. Each provider claims they have the best specs and good prices but it's abundantly clear they overseel the potential of their machines. I'd like to find a host that doesn't lie and that actually has powerful hardware.

    submitted by /u/HelenaPrime
    [link] [comments]

    Painting Dino’s

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    Why can't it be normal and not where one click makes a large ass line. I know this isn't priority or anything but I really wish it was smoother. I find painting cool ass skins for my dinos the coolest thing but it can be tricky to manipulate... thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Brroto
    [link] [comments]

    Schrodinger's Burden

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    You make a character, over-encumber their inventory with items, die, and then come back and drag your body around with the new body you control.

    Are you encumbered, or not encumbered?

    submitted by /u/JellyTheGecko
    [link] [comments]

    The highlight of the summer event for me

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 11:44 AM PDT

    How to continue raising baby's while offline, without starving or having your meat spoiled?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:19 AM PDT

    Hi All, Please share your tactics on how to raise baby dinos , while you are sleeping or at work. We don't have access to Tek , so we have normal feeding trough's, but our baby's die of starvation since all our meat has spoiled or we ran out of meat. Not sure what we could different to continue raising baby's while not being online for several hours? Fill enough trough's with cheap kibble?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Roseveld
    [link] [comments]

    SOLO players on official servers, what are your goals / how do you deal with raids?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    I've started playing again this weekend and while I've been enjoying the game a lot, I've also lost many, many dinos due to constant raids from bigger tribes fully geared.

    How do you avoid getting raided / what is your main purpose on the official servers? is ARK just not meant to be played as a SOLO player ? should I simply avoid building anything bigger than a 1x1 base / avoid taming dinos?

    submitted by /u/Atein
    [link] [comments]

    Well here I am, thinking about getting back into Ark

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    A little context, I play on xbox and started around the time it came to the platform. I put over 4k hours into legacy, but quit after the oil/gen/gas crisis. I've taken a stab at a few unofficial servers (put in a little over 500 hours), but the unknown longevity is a huge turn off. I have a SP save on the island that I mess around with, but the resource bug really kills the fun. This is mostly due to the fact that I already know the island like the back of my hand so there's really no incentive to keep building.

    My question for you with PCs, is the new map unique enough to justify getting back into Ark single player offline? The only reason I don't currently play is because of the resource bug, but if the new map is interesting, and worth conquering, I am willing to overlook it. As a console peasant, I'm curious what this new map brings to the table, any and all input is appreciated

    submitted by /u/Reefsmoke
    [link] [comments]

    BLACK COLLUMS IN ARK, HOW TO FIX THIS?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    What are some good mods for ark

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    Recently got ark on the computer during the summer steam sale and I noticed it supports mods. What are some of the best mods you guys have found during your time exploring the ark?

    submitted by /u/Tito341508
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know any small caves to start up in (the center)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    Preferably in the snowy colder area

    submitted by /u/natetyty22
    [link] [comments]

    My life for 2 days

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    I need milk

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:16 AM PDT

    Is anyone on regular official (PS4) that can bring me some wyv milk ? I'll pay you ;)

    submitted by /u/xajvxx
    [link] [comments]

    Tek dino hp resource

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    Does leveling hp in tek dinos scale like ovis's in terms of the amount of resources you can farm of them?

    submitted by /u/ProxyHarmonics
    [link] [comments]

    illegal torrenters managed to get ark down to 20gb from 200gb

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    i do not agree with the idea of pirating or illegal downloads, however a cracking group managed to get ark down from 200 gb to 20.8gb using a repack, crazy

    submitted by /u/curlyocam
    [link] [comments]

    Manticore mishaps

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    Has anyone found a way to kill the manticore and not have it insta disappear? All I want is to make a taxidermy off its body but no matter what I do it refuses to stay in existence on death. I have killed it on both rag and valguero and both do the same thing and disappear the second it dies. Is this just what it does? Or is there some special vodoo magic needed to keep it from phasing out of existence on death?

    submitted by /u/Kiavu
    [link] [comments]

    Event Wyverns!

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 10:01 PM PDT

    Event Wyverns!

    Anyone else out there hunting event wyverns?
    Just hatched these 3 on Official Prim!

    https://i.redd.it/a6wohvfcre931.png

    submitted by /u/TFViper
    [link] [comments]

    How to whip up metal that you dropped from a forge?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 12:43 PM PDT

    Seen this video and cannot find it but the dude was just dropping all the ingots from the forge but they weren't going into the forge like they normally would. Does anyone know how to do this ?

    submitted by /u/Etch3d_x
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have a serious discussion on how big the game is on Steam?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    Hello, I've just bought the game on Steam, and was stunned to realize it's going to take up 200 GB of storage space on my pc. 2 0 0 g i g a b y t e s. Really...? I've known this game for some time, have seen a lot of gameplay and genuinely liked it a lot. But with how un-optimized packages are managed in UE4 (can't find any other reason) and how little the devs care about this issue is just disappointing. Before you say it, I know I can refund the game and get my money back, I don't want to, I know there's a lot of fun to be had in this game, is playing a well-optimized game too much to ask in 2019?

    submitted by /u/PerseusParadox
    [link] [comments]

    Aimbotters on Arkpocalypse EU Aberration

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    Hey y'all I don't actually play Ark anymore but my Turkish friends are dealing with aimbottters on Arkpocalypse right now and I'm trying to help them get in touch with enforcement. I've always had the best luck working through reddit in the past so figured I'd give it another shot. Feel free to respond here or work with my buddy directly: his username is /u/sinnerumut

    /u/Wildcardvalor

    submitted by /u/DontFundMe
    [link] [comments]

    Items and Saddles Turning into Engrams

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 01:22 PM PDT

    I'm vexed as to why this happens. Does this happen if I admin-spawn Ascendant level items?

    The items that seemed to have transformed into Engrams were saddles. Some armor components would simply disappear if I had them either in my inventory unequipped or in storage containers. Saddles, on the other hand, had skins equipped, and I noticed that saddles equipped (with skins) onto my tames would turn into Engrams. I'm well aware as to how to remove the engram, but I don't see any tips on HOW TO PREVENT THEM FROM TURNING INTO ENGRAMS AND/OR DISAPPEARING ALTOGETHER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

    Can anybody shed some light as to what preventative measures must I employ to prevent items and saddles from spontaneously turning into engrams?

    submitted by /u/roninwolf1981
    [link] [comments]

    Building help

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    Does anyone have a small base design for solo players that I can hide in a forest

    submitted by /u/S2_Blizzard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel