• Breaking News

    Monday, January 27, 2020

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday


    Daily Community Thread - Bug Report Monday

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 05:33 AM PST

    Mondays are for bug reports.

    Please make any reports of bugs you may find in the game here. Wildcard will be keeping an eye on these threads.

    Information to include:

    Platform

    Server

    What happened when you encountered the bug

    How long has this been happening?


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ARK needs Official medium sized tribe servers (Conquest Season 2)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:07 AM PST

    With the release of genesis coming soon, myself and many other players would like to get back into the game.

    However, official is not an option at all, it's full of duped items, and everything is so saturated(Genetics, BP's, Bases, Etc).

    We would like to see fresh official servers that cater to medium sized tribes -> 15-25 man tribe servers. Conquest did a pretty good job, and with some small changes it would be an awesome set of new servers. Enforcing a no alliance rule on conquest servers would solve a lot of problems.

    submitted by /u/FliteSchool
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friends all just got ark so does anyone have any tips?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    We have no prior knowledge of the game.

    submitted by /u/AnimeBoi42069
    [link] [comments]

    Official Patch Version?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Some of the PC servers are on 304.58 and some are on 304.45 on Official. There are no patch notes for either version. Why the difference and what are the patch notes?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Joeggernaut
    [link] [comments]

    For those of you who haven't played Aberration, but have visited Valguero's ab zone...

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 01:51 PM PST

    Edit: thank you, stranger, for my first ever silver! dance.gif

    This opinion is my own, copied from a buried thread where I wrote this. I figured i would make it it's own post because I'm sure there's going to be more than just one newer person who may be curious about the differences between Valguero's ab zone, and the aberration expansion map.

    Edited to add: I am in no way shape or form associated with wildcard or any of their branches, parent or child companies. Had to say that because it legit sounds like I'm shilling for sales. I couldn't care less. I was bored and figured I'd write this out.

    Just wanna say that the ab zone on val is absolutely nothing like the ab expansion map itself. On val, you can have any dino you want down there except flyers (wyv, argy etc). You can have gigas, rexes, allos etc. Most of the val ab zone is pretty easily accessible once you have a deino, which is an insanely easy raise (think raptor raise time).

    Aberration itself is the toughest map of them all because your strongest dino, even after transfers opened a couple years ago, would be a good stat reaper, megalo or these new spinos that have 1k base melee. No flyers. No gigas or rexes or any of that shit. Blue zone spawns nameless without a light pet. Rad zone is loaded full of seekers, nameless, purlovia, megalos, spinos, wild reaper queens and rock drakes. If you're not adequately prepared, you're in for some hell, lol.

    Val ab zone, when it actually spawns shit, mainly has crabs, spinos, a couple sarcos and anglerfish/salmon. You'll find the rare roll rat, rex (yeah, rexes spawn down there), and bulbdogs/featherlights in the forest parts, and glow tails in rad zone. The rad zone is nearly empty, not very fun at all. It normally has a couple titanoboas, a crab, a scorpion or two, and like 3 seekers. So it's not tough at all compared to aberration itself.

    Guy said he's not played either yet so I took the time to give a fairly accurate depiction of each 'version' of ab. Hell, I failed to mention aberration's most important feature: metric fucktons of metal in blue area, mainly because I was mentally focused on the difference in player experience on the official version of valguero's aberration zone versus the official aberration expansion map, which I'd personally choose the aberration expansion map itself over val's ab zone, hands down (financials aside).

    (edited to add) The lighting, graphics, map layout, colors of the different rocks, trees and plant life are just a few of the things that set the expansion far apart from valguero. On val, most of the ab area is very well lit, however the majority of everything outside of the radiation zone is either green or brown, similar to the easiest spawns of aberration expansion. In the Aberration expansion you have a lot of well lit, dark areas if that makes sense. There's also multiple variants of blue in the blue zone, red/pink/maroon/black in radiation zone.

    Devs stripped all the pretty clothes off of val's ab, and left us with a nearly naked val ab. There's only ONE unique part of val's ab compared to the ab expansion: aberrant dimorphs and aberrant araneo, both of which have like a 0.001% spawn rate on ab expansion. And even then, aberrant dimorphs are basically unbreedable - 2+ years after aberration released - because the egg that comes from breeding 2 aberrant dimorphs will hatch a regular dimorphodon.

    tldr: the aberration expansion map is much better than Valguero's ab zone on official servers, because of how stripped down the valguero ab zone is. The val ab zone is not a good indicator of how the aberration expansion is, because 95% of the features of the expansion do not exist in valguero.

    submitted by /u/msjs91011
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a riddle

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:35 AM PST

    On my server there is a weekly event where you have to find a hidden box with a golden bullet in it (PVE). I can usually find these but this weeks riddle has me stumped, any help would be appreciated -

    • It's on the map Rag
    • Clue: Even though the walls are high, where I sit would make a great fishing spot.

    Update: Get a new clue in 6 days time if I can't figure out before then or no one else claims it.

    Update 2: The owner has confirmed one of the answers below is correct...:( back to hunting!

    submitted by /u/LUXEdeluxex
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ark soloable?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 01:15 AM PST

    Im thinking about grabbing this on the sale, but want to know if its feasible to solo play the entire thing

    submitted by /u/N7Greenfire
    [link] [comments]

    Taxidemry Placement Range

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:42 AM PST

    Does anyone know what the range is (in foundations) once you hit max taxidermy bases in an area? Like Gacha buff is 13 foundations away from another like gender....

    submitted by /u/dbhazbn
    [link] [comments]

    Taming Angler with a Tuso - glitched?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

    I tried it today, grabbed an angler, moved it in a nice quite spot of Rag, was sitting here waiting for Tuso to drop it (I tamed mosas in the same way before, tuso drops its target once it is unconscious). In the middle of it I checked it with my super spyglass - it was half way through in terms of torpor.

    So I waited some more, then lost patience - checked again - and it had zero torpor! It is like it overflowed or something. Has anyone experienced this before? Or is is something new?

    submitted by /u/Aargh_Tenna
    [link] [comments]

    My Ice wyvern dilemma

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

    In the last few months my friends and I have been playing ark on our own server, we pay for it and run it, the map we play in for starting is ragnarok because we are trying to collect certain tames to take to the island (wyvern and Griffin's mostly). Each tribe member flies a color, we have a member who flies a fire wyvern, we have a member who flies poison and one who does lightning. Naturally mine was the ice waverns, my first one unfortunalty passed (RIP Felwinter) and after he passed my girlfriend managed to find another ice egg, we hatched it and this one's AI was very weird, it would walk off on its own even after wandering was shut off, we managed to make it sit still and not move until we had a new friend join our server and accidentally whistled all. Every dino went to her except for my ice wyvern which has apperently flown off somewhere on its own and we cannot find it. We have send out search parties on rock drakes and wyverns and we have come up empty handed each time. Wich leads to the issue. After the dissapearence of my wyvern we haven't been able to find another ice wyvern nest, does anyone have any advise? This is my first time posting and I would appreciate any help if anyone knows what's goin on, I miss my ice wyvern. 😊

    submitted by /u/DrunkennPeasant
    [link] [comments]

    will I be able to transfer my character and tames to pve genesesis on day 1?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 12:48 PM PST

    I started on valguero and it would be the first time I try to transfer my character to a new server. Alot of info I've found is either outdated or pretty vague. Will I keep all my dinos and equipment in valguero? Can I transfer over building materials like walls and foundation and a bed day one?

    submitted by /u/Mac2284
    [link] [comments]

    Does the tribe log show when someone has claimed your dinos?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:44 AM PST

    Help for small Tribes?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Hey gamers,

    I'm a solo player on Ark and am doing alright I guess. But I don't have the time to breed dinos.

    Any big tribes out there who are willing to give away or trade high lvl velonasaurs for defending?

    Any help would be appreciated :D

    submitted by /u/SgtMorningwood12
    [link] [comments]

    PSA Scorpion Still Sucks (Vid)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Explorer notes broken?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 01:17 PM PST

    I'm on PC, windows 10 xbox version my buddy is on xbox... My buddy and i joined a small tribe official island server to get notes and level up. After finding 2 that wouldn't give either of us the xp boost we left the server and joined a different one. Same thing, no exp. The first server you run over the box, the note shows up, you close it that's it. No exp. Second server you stand on the box, it opened and nothing else happened. Didn't display a note or anything. Logging out and back in didn't help. Restating game completly didn't help. Full pc restart didn't help.

    submitted by /u/killernoises
    [link] [comments]

    Recruiting to PVP official Classic

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 03:22 AM PST

    Small tribe allied with alpha tribe on Valguero. Looking to add members. You don't have to have any special skills you can be new but experience is a plus. Msg me.

    submitted by /u/CherishM1971
    [link] [comments]

    Primal fear bosses

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 03:16 AM PST

    Does 1 large wall help structure cap verses 4 regular walls?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Island Pearlcaves

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 01:37 AM PST

    Whats the best one ? / has the least problems with Mek hitting through the walls?

    submitted by /u/Zetoxical
    [link] [comments]

    Ark Rex and Yutyrannus saddle blueprints on the island

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I've got a single player world where I've about prepared everything for my first boss fight ever. The only thing I haven't got is a decent rex or yutyrannnus saddle blueprint to make for my army. Could anyone tell me what cave is best for finding either of these blueprints. Thanks

    submitted by /u/crushtion
    [link] [comments]

    Fish Baskets Broken?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 02:21 PM PST

    I can catch fish in the basket but when i use them to release them the caught fish just vanishes. Are they broken or is their some weird trick to get them to work?

    submitted by /u/SacredDemon
    [link] [comments]

    I am in a small tribe with a couple of my noob irl friends and we keep getting raided by the same tribe, I have no problem with that it is PvP, the problem is that we cannot raid them back because they park their raft at the edge of the world at the world border. Anyone else have this problem?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Fishing script/bot

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Hey Guys,

    is there a working script or Bot for that painfull fishing shit? :D

    would be awesome if some1 can help me

    submitted by /u/silyyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Did ARK'S performance on the PS4 improve?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 02:11 PM PST

    I've been playing ARK on the PS4 since it came out and today I've noticed a lot higher and smoother FPS as well as the textures and particles just look better. I checked the patch notes but didn't see anything. Did the performance get optimized?

    submitted by /u/diamondcreeper
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel