• Breaking News

    Friday, February 28, 2020

    ARK: Survival Evolved - I know people find the Ferox cute but I find HLNA even cuter with her or it’s cheery atitude.

    ARK: Survival Evolved - I know people find the Ferox cute but I find HLNA even cuter with her or it’s cheery atitude.


    I know people find the Ferox cute but I find HLNA even cuter with her or it’s cheery atitude.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:58 AM PST

    finding the crystal is a pain sometimes

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:48 AM PST

    This has happened to much for me

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:12 PM PST

    BloodStalker Appreciation post! I didn’t think these would be my new favorite Dino, but they are now! They’re just so much fun to swing around on. Spidey vibes to the max!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:52 AM PST

    Kinda getting these vibes from HNLA..

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:58 PM PST

    Loving that swamp life

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:43 PM PST

    I wanted to test the structure limit for the new ocean platforms. After placing 3,520 structures with no limit messages in sight, I think it's safe to say they aren't just a bigger, immobile raft. Unless this is changed in a future update, I will assume there is no structure limit for this platform.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:06 PM PST

    I think my sarcos have Scoliosis...

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 06:26 AM PST

    ARK: Man's Sky

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 12:53 AM PST

    I legit screamed like a little girl

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:52 AM PST

    Spent the last few weeks trying to combine the event colored birds with the blue owls we had and the teal argies, woke up to these beauties being matured this morning.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

    My first wyvern I have to ever gotten without commands! Reddit, meet Mercury the Poison Wyvern

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Damn these avalanches hit pretty hard (it spawned on me)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Me on Genesis day 1

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:38 PM PST

    The harsh old west is not a place for the T-rex...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:58 AM PST

    This isn't flying it's falling with style!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:36 PM PST

    This is what an insect from the insect swarm looks like

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:34 AM PST

    Ark Genesis is Getting Too Much Hate (Hear me out!)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:40 AM PST

    So as some of you may know, the highly anticipated Ark Genesis released recently, and the reception it's received has, in general, been negative (at least from what I've seen). It seems like the most unappealing aspect of the DLC to most people are the maps, among numerous other things. However, in this thread I would like to combat these complaints with my own personal opinion and perception of the DLC, and hopefully change your view of Ark Genesis. So without further ado, let's get started.

    ...

    1.) Possibly the biggest complaint I've seen, on both this sub and on other sites, is that the only way to access other biomes is by teleportation. I too initially disliked this idea. However, when I actually began playing Genesis my opinion changed. It feels like with the new maps, I'm constantly doing something and constantly exploring different places. On other maps like the island, I probably would have only explored the beach by now, whereas this map actually promotes exploration.

    2.) People are comparing it too much to Ragnarok. But honestly, I feel like the same could be said about all the other DLCs. Ever since Aberration, if a map isn't the size of Ragnarok, then to some players it isn't worth their time. In my opinion, not every map needs to aim to be like Ragnarok - a big sprawling map that has resource rich areas. And I especially feel this way about Ark Genesis. Wildcard does not seem to be aiming for that with these maps. They appear to be more focused on having the player constantly be doing something fun. For proof of this, look no further than the mission system. Ark Genesis is obviously meant to be different from the other DLCs.

    3.) I often see people say that the creatures are useless and won't matter outside of Genesis. While it is true that the creatures introduced aren't as impressive as those from other DLCs, I think that may have been Wildcard's intent. During the extra life stream back in November, the devs stated that balance would play a huge role in Genesis, after what went down in Extinction with managarmers and the titans. I think the general idea was to make each of these creatures only useful in certain situations and areas. For example, the magmasaur will likely only be used in deserts and volcanic biomes, the giant turtle in the oceans, the astrocetus during raids, etc. See my point? No one creature will be used for every situation. The only exception to this rule would be the bloodstalker, however even now I've seen quite a few posts revolving around how difficult these creatures are to tame. In my opinion, in terms of balance, this is the best DLC so far.

    4.) "It's a PVE map." This statement gets thrown around a lot and I don't necessarily agree with it. While pve definitely was considered in the creation of this map, it's doesn't necessarily mean that PvP wasn't accounted for. I think the problem is that most people aren't looking at the big picture. What do I mean by this? Generally, when it comes to PvP, bigger maps are better to use since you can have a large number of people on one map compete without constantly running into each other. Therefore, to a PvP player, all they see is 5 small PVE maps that are horrible for setting up a base on. However, this type of map may actually work better for PvP players than other maps would, with the reason being the cause for why most people dislike the map. And that's because the areas are sectioned off from one another. Think about how many posts a day go up on this sub complaining about how alpha tribes dictate the other players. On this map, it's much less likely for that to happen when they would essentially have 5 different maps to look over. In reality, they could only ever control one or two biomes, while a player moves over to a different map and starts up there. That, along with the new hexagon system makes Genesis one of the best PvP maps yet in my opinion.

    5.) Finally, my last point revolves around the difficulty. I've seen many people (not just on this sub but on other sites as well) complain about just how difficult the map is for starting out. I agree that it is difficult, but I think it was implemented really well. It's not the same type of difficulty that you'd find on the Island, or Aberration. The challenges you encounter don't just set you back, but rather make you improve. The environments force you to adapt to your environments and get good at the game very quickly in order to succeed. The learning curve implemented was done very well I think.

    I could probably go on even more if I wanted too and talk about the no-build zones, and the items included, but I feel like I covered the main points. I hope this post helped change your view of the Ark Genesis DLC and may even help you enjoy it more. Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/Evials
    [link] [comments]

    I am the true Wicked Witch of the West. How's Genesis going for you guys?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:34 AM PST

    When you see a glitch but dont have a flyer

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 04:48 PM PST

    Those times when people ask you to describe ark genesis with one picture

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Probably one of the worst games for it

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 02:14 AM PST

    My spino at home in the bog

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:25 PM PST

    Wait....this is a thing in genesis

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:52 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel