• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 7, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    Posted: 07 May 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    Welcome to Storytime Tuesday!

    Tales from the ARK can be wild, hilarious, and/or downright captivating. Consider this thread an open invitation for you to to tell us some tales of survival, tribal warfare, epic taming, thrilling exploration, etc.


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ARK OFFICIAL SERVERS IN A NUTSHELL...

    Posted: 07 May 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    Tek turret and heavy turret settings

    Posted: 07 May 2019 08:50 AM PDT

    I'm relatively new to tek turrets but I know they are alot more powerful than heavy turrets. My question is should I be following the same setting placement as I put them up? Most on players and mounted with a few of the higher ones on players only? It seems it only makes sense to leave a couple heavys set to tames or players to stop an arthropo whistle, I feel like leaving the teks on players and tames is a free soak with an unmounted turtle? Also I'm wondering what my ratio should be for heavies and teks I've heard of people only putting a few heavies with the majority tek but I thought herbs get an explosive resistance so wouldn't the heavys do more damage to soakers? I know this question could be answered through testing but I'm at work right now and I dont have much time after work I'd rather use it to setup my base than do some testing and leave myself vulnerable for another night. Also it doesn't seem like it makes much sense anymore to leave some turrets on medium seeing as turrets will prioritize rockets now? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Mrherb723
    [link] [comments]

    When you whistle your Wyverns attack this target on a Lvl 4 Pegomastax.

    Posted: 07 May 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    Cryo removes owner of dino. Please disable the ability to cryo a tame that has personal owner.

    Posted: 07 May 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Back in the day id set all breeders to personal tames. That way even the tribe owner could not upload them. But since cryoballs you can cryo them and throw them back down, removing personal owner.

    Either make it so you cant cryo them unless you are the owner or it doesnt remove owner or both.

    Thats all thx.

    first fix the mesh

    submitted by /u/sporadicjesus
    [link] [comments]

    Protecting the treehouse build site from this infernal bird

    Posted: 07 May 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Slightly annoying issue - Ascension starmap particles on The Island have been busted ever since Aberration was released.

    Posted: 07 May 2019 01:47 AM PDT

    Ark Mobile Servers (Nitrado) - My experience

    Posted: 07 May 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    TLDR: Server has to be manually restarted almost once a day. It's never up when you (or anyone else) actually wants to play until you manually start the server.

    I want to start out by saying that I know little about this game. I was just asked by my brother to try to get a private server going for my nieces and nephews to play on without having random strangers online joining them. As it turns out, you can't really self host your own mobile server and if you wanted one, your only option is currently through Nitrado. So here starts my journey.

    So the next step was signing up for Nitrado and testing it out a bit. All seemed well for little over a day and everyone seemed happy enough. Server shows up as expected, no real lag. That's the important thing right? This encouraged me to sign up for a year of the service.

    Fast forward half a day and they can't find the server. So I check the Nitrado app and notice the server is down. Oh, no big deal; these things happen. There's no such thing as 100% uptime. Unfortunately, this trend continued almost everyday for the next week (we didn't check as often as they don't get the chance to try every day).

    My next step was to reach out to tech support. I mean it's been maybe 1.5 weeks and I've had to start the server manually every single time they wanted to use the server. This, to me, is just simply not acceptable.

    This was the first response:

    Dear customer,

    Thank you for your support request.

    We have identified the underlying cause to your request, and our engineers have resolved it.

    Please restart your service if it is not starting.

    If you are still having difficulties, respond to this ticket and we will re-evaluate your case.

    So I tried to stay on the optimistic side. I log in and notice that the server is down as usual. But hey, they said to restart anyway and it may have been down from before the "fix" right? So I give it another 3 days and the trend continues. So I follow up with them again and get this response:

    Hello,

    This is a problem with the game itself. Unfortunately, we have no hold over it. You will need to start the server when you find it stopped.

    We hope you understand. Have a nice day.

    So I'm not sure if this is true or not. I just assumed this is like any other game (I've been running my own private server at home to host a number of other services/games.) In my experience, usually when I rent a server for something, it stays up for continuous server without my interfering. If things ever go down, it generally reboots itself when necessary. Either way, this wasn't the solution we were hoping to find.

    In summary, my recommendation is don't try this if you're on the fence about it. Either the mobile game is not stable and cannot stay running or Nitrado's server is not stable and cannot keep the servers going. The actual reason doesn't even matter, since the end result is the same. As stated before, I'm not trying to blame Nitrado or Ark Mobile as I don't know which one's at fault. It doesn't even matter. The bottom line is that private mobile servers aren't quite ready and this seems to be the only option available at this time.

    Let me know if anyone else had any experience with this or any suggestions on what to try to fix this (other than contacting tech support since that clearly went no where).

    submitted by /u/distung
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Manas can be used to skip the center jump puzzle

    Posted: 07 May 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    The invisible barrier doesn't seem to affect manas, really easy artefact of pack without needing parachutes, walk in and jump up.

    submitted by /u/AcceptableChain
    [link] [comments]

    Anything viable against Managarmrs after the latest nerf?

    Posted: 07 May 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    They have got nerfed like a lot since they were released.They are still dominating every other tame in the game?

    submitted by /u/TheAquaFortis
    [link] [comments]

    Placing Tek Bridges on Pillars

    Posted: 06 May 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    Hey, I was working on a base build and found I could no longer place tek bridges on pillars. I had the green structure indicator, everything looked good, but it wouldn't actually place.

    I've placed bridges on pillars before (have to have a second taller pillar next to the one you are placing on) with success, but I couldn't tonight.

    Could anybody tell me if I'm missing something? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Wasabolito
    [link] [comments]

    Locating Mod/Making Mod

    Posted: 06 May 2019 03:58 PM PDT

    I am currently looking for a mod that will reset XP on death.

    I aware of Hardcore mode but thats more than I am looking for, I don't want Dinos unclaimed/tribe status lost, etc.

    I just want to find a way to have it so where on death you'd lose a percentage of your overall XP. This might not even be possible but if anyone knows a mod or thinks they could make it I would be willing to pay.

    Lose percentage of XP, it wouldn't affect your stat points allocated or delete engrams, it would just keep you from crafting outside of your level. (Hell maybe I wouldn't even care about it affecting anything, just would make starting/leveling harder)

    submitted by /u/ZhadowZGaming
    [link] [comments]

    when u find a rare dino and you think it is too good to be true then it is level 5

    Posted: 06 May 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    ARK not installing

    Posted: 06 May 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    Hey, my problem is that ARK is permanently downloading, it has already downloaded 26.8 GB of 26.8 GB down. This means that the update will never finish (it has been updating for 2 days now), all files are already unzipped and in the download folder (D: \ Steam ARK \ steamapps \ downloading \ 346110). I have talked to a moderator from the ARK Germany forum so far (who came to the conclusion that there is a problem with the installation process) as well as support from Steam Support/StudioWilcard Support, which could not help me yet, here is what I already did: emptied Steamcache several times; Steam download region changed several times; Steam completely deleted and reinstalled on another disk; ARK installed on all my 3 hard drives to eliminate disk damage (over 1 TB of free space); Repair ARK files; Pull ARK files from the download folder to the ARK folder and start the game through the (ShooterGame.exe (usually starts the game)) -> error message; Copied ARK files from the download folder to the ARK folder and tried to repair the files through Steam; Windows registry emptied; Run through CCleaner; Minimum requirements of the PC hardware compared with the hardware recommended by StudioWildcard (sufficient); Driver reinstalled; all anti-virus programs and firewalls were turned off; my modem and router restarted (20min between off and on); downloaded ARK on the mobile data of my smartphone and running Steam, of course, always in the administrator mode. Despite everything, absolutely nothing has changed and I still get the same connection timeout error message.

    All other downloads of games are done normally and do not delay.

    submitted by /u/FreshKD21
    [link] [comments]

    XBOX ONE STILL CRASHING

    Posted: 06 May 2019 01:14 PM PDT

    At what point is there going to be a patch to stop the crashing on this game? I stopped playing 6 months ago because of it, tried playing this weekend, and crashed to the homescreen within 30 minutes.. PLEASE fix this..

    submitted by /u/xOoTx_Sully
    [link] [comments]

    Any good Raw meat tames?

    Posted: 06 May 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    So I'm fairly for through ark but I'm not super active about killing mostly taming and building. I love having livestock to breed and murder for resources, ATM many ovis/penguin

    Are there any tames that'll just give rediculous amounts of meat like an ovis but just raw meat for feeding?

    If not is there any mods that just add a single cow-like creature for meat that's maybe as rare as the ovis but it's only a quality of life thing?

    submitted by /u/OrbViveUser29
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel