• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 3, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I like the summer Bash.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    Loving the new bikini skins.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    Honey Rework

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    Can honey please get a heavy rework? Right now its a bit silly, first off honey spoils in 20 minutes.. which makes zero sense since honey basically never goes bad in real life. Second theres no real reason to get a queen bee since you can just make a ramp to a wild hive and grab 15 honey.

    My suggestion: honey lasts forever, but you need to store in in jars. Two separate types of honey, wild honey and royal. Wild honey is worse for taming but can be grabbed anywhere, royal has to be gathered from a tamed queen bee, and instead of stacks, it would be what % of the jar is full. For example a full beehive would take a week, and would produce one full jar of royal honey, and a bear may take something like 60/70% of a jar. Just a suggestion but either way honey needs some love.

    submitted by /u/gigigamer
    [link] [comments]

    "aquaired Valgeuro 2015"

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    Ark as solo player-High end game and question DLC

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    I been playing Conan Exiles lately and I love it thus far. It made me remember I actually bought Ark many years ago but couldn't run it in the least due to it wasn't stable game at time (and my new 1060 TI has helped). Anyway I noticed a lot of people comparing Conan Exiles with Ark. Watched hour long youtube video beginner guide on ark and yeppppp they seem pretty close. Even controls are almost the same.

    One question have though about Ark. As solo player experience and solo player only is it going to hit a place where there is no content. I know this game focus a lot is on multiplayer aspect and the challenge is against other humans (I...Think) but in terms of PVE challenge all by myself after I get everything opened up/built is there something I don't know in game going to keep me going/playing other than just what there is with breeding/taming?

    I'm just curious. I am going to play game regardless because it looks fun as hell and I am sure I'll get massive amount of hours with it. I'm just wondering if I can expect something that will keep game on my toes and a challenge.

    Finally reason I am so bent on "Solo only" is that my main gaming in past 20+ years has been Everquest then World of Warcraft. I am really enjoying just playing alone and being anti-social since 90% of my gaming time in those 20 years was with other players. Being alone, anti-social, and just doing "my thing" is where want to stay for time being. It's been great lol.... Though I can see myself later joining "right" server but that's neither here or now.

    Finally, is there certain order to get more content with DLC. I am totally lost with your DLC and what priority for content would you all suggest?

    Obviously I know i am going to like Ark lol.

    Sorry for long write up I am bit wordy obviously.

    Edit: Sorry forgot another question. I hear taming Dinosaurs solo can be a problem. What setting will I need to change to make it "do able" (if it needs to be changed at all this is from old post I seen). What would one suggest I set it to where it would be a challenge yet not like impossible.

    submitted by /u/Sirdanovar
    [link] [comments]

    The ideal Ark sequel: Somewhere between itself and Far Cry Primal

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    I finally picked up FCP since it's on sale, and I'm surprised by how nostalgic it makes me for Ark. I haven't played Ark in months because I just became burnt out by it, and only now while playing FCP do I feel the urge to play Ark again, even though I know the experience will be the same as before.

    But now I want to imagine an Ark sequel where the mechanics are more like FCP's, with reasonable taming, no RPG-like stat levelling, and more interesting, less grindy resource gathering performed as you explore, with limits being per resource rather than weight-based. Better, more realistic follow and pathing, etc. And NPCs! Having played Conan Exiles as well, Ark needs NPCs.

    I would implore anyone who hasn't to give FCP a go. It's like Ark as if made by Ubisoft. Not perfectly, but similar.

    submitted by /u/GGardian
    [link] [comments]

    summer event question

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    So apparently the candy colors are only temporary (annoying but fair) but are the wild tames colors permanent?

    submitted by /u/gigigamer
    [link] [comments]

    Summer Bash - XBox

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    So I'm seeing mixed remarks through out different threads.

    Is the Summer Bash on XBox official servers, specifically inquiring on the event colored dinos?

    submitted by /u/sittinfatdownsouth
    [link] [comments]

    Minimum rex stats required for Valguero Boss Arena?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I have been breeding and getting rexs up to hopefully take down my first boss. I've never done a boss fight before and I was wondering how good of rexs you need to be able to clear Gamma difficulty? I dont need to do Beta or Alpha, I just wanna clear a boss arena once for fun. I plan to run 19 rexes and 1 yuty. My rexes have about 25k health each and 450% melee. I'm doing this completely solo and wont have any other riders.

    What stats should I aim for in order to be able to clear Gamma difficulty for the Valguero boss arena?

    I've searched on reddit, steam, and youtube and there isn't much information on minimum requirements to clear Gamma

    I appreciate any info I can get! Thanks

    submitted by /u/HalfBakedWit
    [link] [comments]

    Best tamed stats on offical?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    I was wondering the best tamed stats youve seen for some dinos on offical servers. And I mean before any breeding, mutations or level ups. So fresh tame. The dinos I'm curious about are : Theris Gigas Trikes Pachyrhinos Snow owls And manas Thanks in advanced

    submitted by /u/bendbreaker55
    [link] [comments]

    Ragnarok Donovan Bridge Repair

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:40 AM PDT

    Has anyone attempted to rebuild Donovan Bridge in the northwest part of Ragnarok? Every bridge rebuild video I'm able to find seems to be the castle or desert. I'm still fairly new to building so I am trying to find a picture or video to use as reference when I try to rebuild it.

    Here is a link to the exact bridge: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Donovan_Bridge_(Ragnarok))

    submitted by /u/Zevronn
    [link] [comments]

    Breeding question.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:31 AM PDT

    So I have my stud. And I goofed and was using females with 0/20 1/20 mutations(the 1/20 is on the same side as the studs mutations so I thought it didn't matter.) I got an egg with a melee mutation but it's mutations are now 1/20 2/20(and its a female) is there any way to get this male on to my stud without staining the clean side of my stud?

    submitted by /u/Workaccount10110120
    [link] [comments]

    Yuti eggs only Extra Large?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:08 AM PDT

    I'm playing single-player with no mods. I was having trouble making Extraordinary Kibble so I tried a spawned Hesperornis egg, which worked just fine.

    Out of curiosity I tried making kibble with the Yuti egg and the Exceptional recipe. That worked. So it looks like Yuti eggs have a size of Extra Large in my game, not Special as the wiki says.

    Is this just a weird bug with my game? Or have they downgraded Yutis? Can anyone else confirm please?

    (They're still good for taming Rexes which is what I wanted them for, so I'm still happy I got my Yutis, but the wiki needs updating if this is a thing.)

    submitted by /u/ludovician
    [link] [comments]

    These skins event exclusive?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:14 AM PDT

    Just wondering if there was an achievement you can do instead

    submitted by /u/sporadicjesus
    [link] [comments]

    Unoffical pc sessions saying no sessions found please help!!!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    how do i fix no sessions found on unofficial pc sessions pls help i want to rent my own server but i won't until this works for me?? I really need help any solutions!!!????

    submitted by /u/Theyolodude21
    [link] [comments]

    how to fix no sessions found unofficial pc sessions ark ps4

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:43 AM PDT

    Please I really need help with this any solutions?

    submitted by /u/Theyolodude21
    [link] [comments]

    Summer bash question

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:58 AM PDT

    I can't remember if the event can be run on single player(xbox). I reread the post survivetheark but didn't see anything to confirm or deny it.

    submitted by /u/jamerperson
    [link] [comments]

    Wildcard, Private Servers Can't Activate Summer Bash

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:28 PM PDT

    There was no command listed or instructions given on how to activate the Summer Bash for private servers. Can you please give us some direction on how to activate it? Thank you!

    Edit: I'm using Survival Servers hosting.

    submitted by /u/its-emma-elise
    [link] [comments]

    Can mobile hotspot run ark official smalltribes ?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:52 PM PDT

    I'm gonna get kicked if it can't lol

    submitted by /u/natetyty22
    [link] [comments]

    Not seeing the Summer Bash Event!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    Wondering if anyone else on G Portal are seeing the Summer Bash? I have the correct patch and update on both server and game. I have restarted my servers and made sure the current AktiveEvent is Summer Bash. Still not seeing anything? How do you get the item? Emotes, bathing suits etc?

    submitted by /u/MrJizac
    [link] [comments]

    Screen flashes periodically, and lighting changes abruptly

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:58 AM PDT

    So I don't have the best system, and I have shadow qualities on medium, but I notice the screen flashes sometimes every minute or so, and sometimes I see the lighting change as if I used a command to set the time a few hours forward or something (like the game forgets it is supposed to have gotten darker, then BAM adjusts the lighting). It's really visually unappealing and breaks immersion.

    Is there a way around this? Is this even a shadow quality problem or am I looking at the wrong place?

    I play in Windows 10 with an Nvidia card if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Blart_S_Fieri
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Floating Damage Modification

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    Hi All! I am wondering if there is a way to change the text size / font for the floating damage in ark?
    I want to turn the damage notification w/o ruining much of the visual.

    submitted by /u/blueberry3105
    [link] [comments]

    Ark Steam Updates

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    I have this issue? Whenever ark has an update it takes forever, because it starts and stops constantly. It's the only game that does it for. My connection is fine, I have plenty of space, It will just randomly not use network and just won't download anything, then every so often it will install a little bit. I have multiple other games that I can start their update and it finishes without an issue, which leads me to believe it's just Ark. Does anyone else experience this or know how to solve it?

    submitted by /u/Kirito_SAO25
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel