• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 20, 2019

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Storytime Tuesday!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    Welcome to Storytime Tuesday!

    Tales from the ARK can be wild, hilarious, and/or downright captivating. Consider this thread an open invitation for you to to tell us some tales of survival, tribal warfare, epic taming, thrilling exploration, etc.


    All community rules are in full effect here, so please, no witchhunting!

    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When I see someone complaining about getting meshed in this subreddit

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    How long does obsidian take to respawn on servers?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    Are longnecks working as intended?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    /u/wildcardced

    EDIT: Saw another post in bug reports where a guy claimed that he asked around and found that the below issue only affects PS4, not Xbox or PC. I can't confirm regarding Xbox & PC, but it definitely is on PS4.

    I know that WC had the PC beta, and then implemented a "40% increase to armor penetration" for longnecks.

    It has been released on console, and now people are basically a one shot kill with mediocre primitive and ramshackle longnecks, even in top tier armor.

    Did some informal testing:

    Shot a friend with a primitive 110.?% longneck. He was wear ascendant flak with exceptionally high armor. One shot to the chest resulted in him going from 400 HP to 88. A loss of 312 HP.

    A longnecks base damage is 280.

    280*1.1=308

    It appears that a longneck is ignoring 100% of armor. Considering that most tribes have 200% plus longnecks, This would make you a one shot unless you had 560HP, regardless of armor. While I think it would be good to force players to invest a bit more in HP, this seems excessive.

    Furthermore, during testing, the rifle shot did not damage the durability of the flak. A lot of fights in this game revolve around wearing down your enemy and draining their resources, however, not in sniper fights neither side experiences any attrition to their armor.

    We fought off a raid the other day, and the fight quickly devolved into a one shot sniper battle where players just respawned and grabbed their undamaged armor. The shots are ignoring saddle armor as well, so tame sniping is not a real issue.

    The impacts are as follows:

    Armor quality is now significantly devalued, and only really matters if trying to beer run a turret or survive attacks from enemy dinos.

    Longnecks are devastating at all quality levels. Beach bobs can grind up a prim longneck and some ammo and one shot many players and tame snipe. High level longnecks are not survivable.

    Sniping in general is extremely overpowered, and makes raiding on any dino that leaves you exposed almost impossible.

    I did agree with giving these a buff to make using longnecks more effective, but this just seems OP at the moment.

    submitted by /u/MrTarkanian48
    [link] [comments]

    F**k rockwelll...seriously

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    This fight is just garbage as a solo player even gamma and I feel like it has a lot to do with dumb dino AI

    The multitasking that is required is just garbage and even when he's down it feels like my spinos are too dumb to move or attack

    submitted by /u/ShatteredMemories_
    [link] [comments]

    GRAND THEFT MESH - JAT

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    Bolas not working?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    Has anyone else experienced bolas just not working on certain dinos? Seems to have happened when we moved to the Extinction server. Multiple people report not being able to bola simple dinos, and I too have seen it fail in cases where it has always worked before: bola'ing a charging raptor, a sitting lymantria, etc. It does still work in other cases, like Parasaurs.

    submitted by /u/grumpy_hedgehog
    [link] [comments]

    Poop

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    I spent half of my Sunday completely redesigning a new base that focused around dino poo ramps for more efficient gathering.

    What was this game about again?

    submitted by /u/fievelm
    [link] [comments]

    Wiped on two servers in 3 days

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    The fuck is wrong with people? This is the second time we've been no-warning wiped with no explanation. How is a three man tribe supposed to survive?

    submitted by /u/resampL
    [link] [comments]

    Tribe structures, joining and leaving

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    If i'm in a tribe and the structure are player owned, if i leave and make my own tribe (i intend to make the tribe structures personally owned aswell eventually). Will the structures be tribe owned when i make the tribe? I know if you swap from tribe owned to personally owned the structures stay tribe owned. ( I intend to jump tribes alot kinda)

    submitted by /u/Lunarstorm95_
    [link] [comments]

    Ark 2 confirmed but it's a LONG way away. Jesse Rapczak interview excerpt.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    (Xbox One Single Player) No crate spawns in caverns of lost faith

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 10:12 AM PDT

    I know the west underwater cave is the easiest to farm drops, but I have none spawning. Not even the artifact spawns. I know the skylord cave is bugged, but is this one too?

    submitted by /u/thackattack42
    [link] [comments]

    Still getting meshed. still no response from WC. 200+ reports last 3 months.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 02:33 PM PDT

    60$ Game

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    About to start Ark on Xbone for the first time

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    Anything I should definitely know? Like materials I shouldnt use too early, things to stock up on, etc?

    And is there a way to not be available for pvp? I dont want to get raided in my sleep or anything. I just wanna build a settlement and take dino's with my friends until Shadowkeep comes out

    submitted by /u/PocketsMoreau
    [link] [comments]

    My megaloceros is really bad a gathering thatch. Help?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 02:35 PM PDT

    I'm using a male megaloceros (reindeer thing) to chop down trees and getting less thatch than if I were to use a metal pickaxe. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

    Edit: well he was murdered by an alpha raptor so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

    submitted by /u/laserlemons
    [link] [comments]

    ArkMapShare.com, a real-time map-sharing tool

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    Ark how to tame a parasaur

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    Asia/OC servers are garbage

    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 01:29 AM PDT

    Asia and OC servers are garbage and shouldnt be in the same cluster as the rest of us.

    Those servers are often down or crashing for the rest of the world, no one can see them except asians.

    Those servers are so instable for everyone, that peoples are hiding on them, because no one will do a large scale raid there.

    Those servers were used(still used?) for duping chars because of how unstable they were, when you go on asia, you have 70% of chances to dupe your char, or to loose it.

    Often the cloud is disable on them, the updates are delayed, so sometimes you are stuck on them for hours because they don't update at the same speed. -Not that much anymore, since the game don't have any update anymore. :]

    submitted by /u/CheatersEverywher
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for alpha rockwell on smalltribes

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    Looking for alpha rockwell spot for 20 heavies or anything else ingame on smalltribes

    if ur interested msg me discord Hatem#8422

    submitted by /u/ArkOnly
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having their mounts just leave, as far as possible, when you get knocked off?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    I don't know if it's Valguero only, or the fact that when this happens it's normally Enforcers, but I'm having a lot of bullshit lately. Wondering if it's just a glitch on this game or on all games... Or just with Enforcers.

    My Equus would run a short distance and stop, but my Enforcers just keep on going. And they're not set to passive flea they just...go. I had one Enforcer leading five others and I got knocked off and they just ran off so far that they ended up in the water and I had to forcequit to reset because there was no way I was gonna get them back.

    I thought maybe they were just going after something, but there was nothing for them to go after. When I recently got knocked off by raptors I lost my lone enforcer and had to go get my Argent to look for him. I searched the immediate area and found him running into my base, in the water, over and over again. I think the only reason he is not across the map is because he ran into a wall.

    It is driving me crazy. If they were anything else, they'd be dead. But then they'd also be floating on the water instead of under it...

    So is this an Enforcer problem, a Valguero problem, or an all around mount problem?

    submitted by /u/iDiru
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to 100% the game.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 04:31 PM PDT

    If I decide to collect all the explorer notes then I know it might be a hell of a grind from what my friends told me. I think the story from what I know so far is super interesting and I want to know more. I haven't played the game in awhile and recording my journey might be my way to get back in the game.

    I want to complete all the canon maps including the new one coming out some time in the future. What are all the canon maps? What is the approximate time if I try my best to collect the explorer notes for each canon map that's out so far? I will figure out how to defeat bosses and stuff later.

    submitted by /u/MDwesLARL
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any good battleship designs they wouldn’t mind giving? PvP official

    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel