• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    ARK: Survival Evolved Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!


    Daily Community Thread - Mentor Wednesday!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Welcome to Mentor Wednesday! Do you have an ARK-related question that needs answering? Can't find it anywhere else on the web? Well You're in luck! Simply ask your question down below, and the knowledgeable community of /r/playARK will answer it to the best of their abilities!

    Be sure to sort by new to see the latest questions!


    Rules


    • Absolutely no down talking. You were all new to ARK once, so there's no need to belittle anyone just because you might know more.

    • All hateful comments that derail conversation will be removed. This thread is a place of learning, so keep it civil.


    You can find the full Daily Community Thread schedule here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gatdayum this game can be gorgeous.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    I might have a couple...

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    My first set of Tek armor. Went full "Tony Stark".

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Basically Ark...

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Where would a tame dissapear to if it was left inside of my warehouse? No death log notice.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    ARK Crystal Isles Where to Find The Artifact of The Depths

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Dying To Little Baby Dinosaurs - Ark: Survival Evolved Lets Play - Episode 2

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    i dont know why? it was working fine an hour ago but now I keep getting this please help I want to play crystal isles

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Otters Ark Genesis

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Anybody know where I can find one? I'm at the ice rink with the fishing mission and killed dozens of salmon. Im on an unofficial server

    submitted by /u/PrinceNemo17
    [link] [comments]

    I miss this game... (Best BR ever made IMO)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Can anyone help me with this flickering, please? I just got back to this game and no matter what I do the grass flickers like crazy...

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Confused about breeding and dino melee damage

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    I thought I understood everything about breeding but apparently not. Somehow my animals have very different melee damage percentages despite having the same number of melee levels. All seven are showing (37 - 0) with super spyglass, yet their damage percentages vary from 230% to 280%. Why? All were born from the same initial pool of parents, none have been leveled up. No mutations anywhere. They should have exactly the same melee percentages, but they don't. What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/jaded_backer
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get better fps and less stutters?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    i play ark and i like the game but I have to play on the lowest settings and I only get 30 fps, I though it might've been my PC but even when I play on the highest settings I still get 30 fps and frequent stutters so I knew it wasn't my pc's fault. is there a way to get better fps? i thought that there might be mods but I don't know if there is a good one also I wondered if there is a mod like optifine so I can have more options to get the best experience from the game. i really want to play the game but when there is so much fps drops and stutters It makes me not want to

    submitted by /u/king__turtle
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of Party Dodos and get the old dodos back?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    I want them gone, I want to test out taming on a regular dodo but I barely ever find them, only these stupid ones with hats. I dont know if you can tame them cause when I punch them or hit them with a slingshot they just die, any idea?

    submitted by /u/ChristianMinecraftbt
    [link] [comments]

    Is this how it really is..

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    So to start with, I'm one of the new Epic guys, I'm not out to troll or cause problems, I'm just here to enjoy a new (to me) game.

    Last night, after a couple of days of learning whats what, me and a mate decided to have a proper go at it, after coming across plenty of rogues who wanted to kill us, we managed to find a secluded little spot to set up camp.

    Over the next 4 hours or so we'd built a nice little home, had a couple of tamed dinos and made friends with a few neighbours. I for one was hooked.

    Logged off really pleased with our progress and looking forward to the next session.

    I have literally just logged in on my lunch break to gather a few more supplies and was shocked to find I had been killed by some lvl 400 and something, I was being asked to pick a zone to spawn in and my beds were not available. I picked the nearest zone and raced to our base to find it all gone, bar a couple of foundation pieces.

    Is this it now? is this game just a case of do what you can, when you can, but don't expect it to be there when you get back? is there no kind of offline protection to give some kind of peace of mind whilst away from the game.

    I'm all for a bit of PVP if I am there to defend myself, but this kinda sucks. Is a private server the best way to go with this game?

    TIA for any replies

    submitted by /u/Massive_Roy
    [link] [comments]

    I'm New. Tips For Beginners? (playing singleplayer)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Arc is free on epic games rn so I got the game. Any tips for a new singleplayer and local play noob

    submitted by /u/rly907
    [link] [comments]

    Homing Pigeon and Crystal Isles

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Wondering if anyone has been able to use this mod on the new map. I think it is due to the height of the ceiling, but it could just be a corrupted mod from our Valguero playthrough. If someone has this working I will move on with the latter assumption.

    submitted by /u/I_T_Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    No Wyvern egg stealing in Crystal Isles?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Did they remove Wyvern egg robbing in the new map??? 🦖

    submitted by /u/peachindahood
    [link] [comments]

    Cloning low level questions

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Ok so is there any point in cloning low level Dino's? I know that low level reapers are still good when cloned at low level and people clone low level females to breed a lot of Dino's, but is there any other uses for cloning low level Dino's? Like say a low level magmasaur just a bunch of cloned throwaways for mortaring a base. Or maybe some low level throw away gigas for use. Idk just trying to understand the whole cloning low levels

    submitted by /u/NAGOL03
    [link] [comments]

    How to report epic games players?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    With free games week, comes the influx of trolls, griefers, hackers, dupers, spammers, advertisers, multi characters, and alt accounts (created for the sole sake of doing all those things) as it happens on most games..

     

    In most cases we just report and move on.. however, there seems to be no way to efficiently report these new trolls and griefers

    They all have generic names like [][][][][], 123, .... , ldjshbfsdhj or names which match the name of 30 other people on the server.

    Since these accounts are created through the Epic Games launcher there seems to be no way to know or find their account profile link via steam in order to report them... so what do we do?

     

    Where and how do we find their details to report the trolls and griefers?

    I asked this on the official forums, but no one seems to have an idea, and no method was made public (That I found).

    Enabling steam names will only give you a profile name (which is not a static name), not an account link or player id, and epic connected users don't show up in the steam players list.

     

     

     

    Topically relevant note:

    I personally think this epic games free week is utter BS,

    Our nice tight knit community we had going on our server has just gone completely to shit in a few short days, we are constantly at 70/70 with most of those numbers just being trolls, server advertisers, spammers and griefers who saw a free game on their fortnite launcher and joined to cause trouble.

    While I, a paying game owner is forced to wait at the connection screen for a spot to open up, while eggs hatch and babies starve, because there is so many noobs online that the server has crashed for the 9th time that day.

    or even worse, those who aren't here to troll or grief, are just kids who never even bothered to read a snippet about the game, try to scab free shit or constantly demand help like wayward toddlers.

     

    The chat window is just this now, all day long 24/7:

    I NEEEED HAAAALP

    How do i get wood

    can i hav a rex

    i need a boooooat

    im dyyying help me..

    can i join your tribe,

    can a join your tribe,

    anyone giving free dinos away,

    how do i get water,

    im trapped,

    can someone bring me food,

    how do i built stuff,

    need a tribe,

    can i join a tribe,

    let me in your tribe,

     

    This what I pulled out of my base only 8 hours after I had cleaned out the first 60+ of them the night before:

    https://i.imgur.com/hyjakx2.jpg

    (there are even more off screen, ans this is only from one side of my base.)

    submitted by /u/Angrysausagedog
    [link] [comments]

    Need building help

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    Yo, so I'm trying to mess around on prim+ and male a plantx Chandelier any tips or videos showing a build since i haven't found one of pure plant x

    submitted by /u/josh6296
    [link] [comments]

    Can I transfer my character from the Epic Games version to the Steam version?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I have Ark installed on Epic Games.

    I play on a server and I'd like to know what would happen if I delete Ark from Epic Games and Install it from Steam, will I still have the character I've been levelling up on the server or is it gonna be lost?

    I'm only curious because the in-game server browser doesn't always work the best and Steam has a better one.

    submitted by /u/ferikehun
    [link] [comments]

    Nondedicated not connecting

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    So me and my friends always talked about one day buying ARK and playing together, and so when Epic Games Store released it for free we all claimed and downloaded it. We attempted to get a non dedicated server to work, but whenever we tried to join it would say "Connection Timeout." We then tried to get a dedicated server off of one our friends secondary PC build, but the game crashes everytime. Does anyone here know how to set up a private world for 3-4 people to play on? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Ytunz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel