• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 24, 2021

    ARK: Survival Evolved I think the Leedsichthys should be disabled on The Center servers.

    ARK: Survival Evolved I think the Leedsichthys should be disabled on The Center servers.


    I think the Leedsichthys should be disabled on The Center servers.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:20 AM PDT

    Having not played much ARK since around 2019, I hopped back in recently because some friends of mine wanted to try it. I created my own server using an old PC I had laying around in my office, and decided on making a server on The Center. Ragnarok is too big for beginners, and I have never played Crystal Isles and Valguero, and I don't think new players should start with the expansion DLCs. The Island is a little too stale.

    Before my friends got on, I was just playing around trying to build up, and I did my usual tactic on the Center and had my first base be a raft. On the Center, having a raft pretty early is kind of critical due to it's island nature. There's not even a way to reach the other islands from land if you chose to spawn on the areas marked "Easy" on the spawn menu (the Tropical Islands). I forgot about the Leeds when I made a raft. On a couple of outings, I got attacked by it and fortunately did not lose the raft. I managed to repair it back at my base, and went out again. I got attacked by the Leeds relentlessly this time, and lost my raft with everything on it. I decided at that point I was going to disable the Leeds on my server, so I did and never looked back.

    The Center is very hard to traverse without a raft, Quetz, or tamed aquatic platform dino. The latter two things you don't even get access to saddles for until higher levels. You can swim or take a mount, but you don't have many options to traverse the sea.

    On the Island and Ragnarok, you can hit just about every biome without a raft or flyer. I haven't played Valguero, but it looks like you don't need a raft of flyer to traverse most of the map there either. I also haven't played Crystal Isles, but looking at it, the sea between islands is a lot smaller than the Center, seemingly like you can go between the islands without a raft of flyer.

    The Center has large amounts of sea between the islands, but the map was also designed a few years before the Leeds was ever added. Many people used rafts to get around on this map. I know before the Leeds, it was often a thing where people would just live in boats out on the ocean, and it could potentially end up where the sea is just littered with boats, which may be why the Leeds was given the boat destroying functionality.

    On the Center, if you want to carry anything heavy at all, you have to use a raft. You CAN use a Pteranodon, but you also don't get access to that saddle for a while, their weight isn't great, and you're pretty limited. The Leeds really limits leaving the biome you spawn in for quite a while until you get a flyer, aquatic tame, or motorboat. Disabling the Leeds on my server was definitely a good decision as it opens up accessibility of the map.

    I think they should really consider disabling the Leeds on official servers though. It really brings the whole experience of the Center down, which was an excellent map in it's own right.

    If you run an unnofficial Center server, do you disable the Leeds?

    submitted by /u/HylianSeven
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn't the wyvern egg incubating with 6 air conditioners?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Why doesn't my cooker work? I tried removing it and placing it again. What did I do wrong?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Is it worth mutating a ferox? Will the mutations carry over to the “big” form?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    Gen 2 missions and stryder

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    Now when it says missions completed, does it count the difficulty of the mission? like lets say i do 8 different missions both in easy and medium, does it count as 16 or still 8?

    submitted by /u/Jaymus54
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean I've never seen it before

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    I go on ark and I only play for a hour or two and I used to play 5-7 hours a day anybody know why I'm getting bored quickly is this a sign of burn out or what?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    Mods Not Working In Game?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    So I've been trying to get mods working in single player for at least 4 hours now but I can't get them to. I have them installed, they show up in the menu for hosting a private game, I enable them, and none of the features show up in the actual game. No creatures, items, nothing, which i genuinely cannot figure out.

    submitted by /u/DeathlordPyro
    [link] [comments]

    Hello can someone help with a glitch?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    So basically me and my friend play this non decicated server on ps4 on aberration. The problem is that when i move like 20m away from him, it already says too far away from host, sometimes it works as normal, but sometimes its like 1m. He has to move away from me so it becomes normal but somehow it just happens again. Can somebody help?

    submitted by /u/takuna60
    [link] [comments]

    Ark Memes

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    Questions on primal Npc’s mod

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    Hello I have a couple of questions on this mod. I was wondering if structures decay or despawn if I leave them alone after destroying most of the structure and if they respawn a while later. I was also wondering if this mod works with primal fear? would they use the items from the mod and would they tame the dinos from it as well. Thank you for any responses.

    submitted by /u/RemarkableAddress355
    [link] [comments]

    level 300 dinos

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    So what do most servers do to make level 300 dinos actually dangerous? Do they just raise the difficulty offset?

    I'm trying to make the wild dinos more dangerous, without making the bosses so.

    submitted by /u/DemanaDemonica
    [link] [comments]

    Mod to increase room size?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    Does anyone know of a mod that allows you to have larger rooms and still get the home buff and no rain in your house?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/x82nd
    [link] [comments]

    Turret placement on platforms on nonofficial servers

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    I wanna mess around on some solo worlds and create a Megachelon walking death base for fun. Is there a way to do the OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true on nonofficial servers so I can achieve this walking disaster

    submitted by /u/IJerkOffToAnimation
    [link] [comments]

    Master Stealth in ARK, a PVP Concept Guide

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel